Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750534 02/19/20 07:22 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
Originally Posted by wp75169
I commented earlier but feel the need to be more direct. If you want to stop her from moving with the kids when the orders clearly say she can then you’re wasting money. If you are willing to be the custodial parent with her moving away you can make an argument and possibly win. You have to be ready and willing to go full time though. After the first year of divorce I took it back to court and got custody of both of my daughters and raised them myself. They’re 24 and 26 now with no regrets all around, but it’s a BIG decision.

The decree says that she can move to any contiguous county from our current location but she also penciled in Brazos County which is where her sisters live. Like a dumb A I agreed to it not thinking she would ever do it but now her new husband has died, she has been unemployed for 5 years, other family is fighting her in court over his estate and so on... to the point that she is running out of money. I can't trust anything she says so I don't know if this is another stunt or the real deal but getting awarded custodial parent would be a dream come true. I already have my lawyer and he is fully aware of our situation because I almost took her back to court recently but hesitated to see how things played out. I hate to kick her when she is down but I feel I have no other choice.

Many documents state that if either spouse move a certain number miles, then moving spouse carries responsibility of transportation on court ordered visits. So if she moves she could have to do major traveling. But if you signed off on it, then may not work out that way.

Proverbs 2
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750594 02/19/20 08:14 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
No complaints. Glad she's gone and who needed all that money anyway.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750616 02/19/20 08:39 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
roflmao

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750646 02/19/20 09:23 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
My ex had a thing where she could sway her hips when she danced and it would drive you crazy, sweet seduction is what some would call that. She broke up with me because when she wanted to hold hands at the football game I was wearing gloves and didn't barehand her hand...crazy girl broke up over that...

Of course that was 6th grade. Lol

Some of you have some serious ex issues you gotta deal with, I had to think who my last ex was. Now my brother, he has a nasty one for his current/ex/current/soon to be ex....sounds exactly like what a lot of you on this thread are dealing with or have dealt with.

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: Stump_jumper] #7750650 02/19/20 09:31 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Stump_jumper
Mine started talking 10 years after the separation about coming to the house and getting a piece of furniture that was her grandma's. This was after she had a wreck in the car that I had to provide her and f'd up the police report at the scene. An undocumented illegal with no DL or insurance ran a red light. She ended up in a lawsuit 2 years later all because she failed to notice that the LEO had the vehicles on the wrong streets. She thought she could get them to change it weeks later. I told her and the kids that if a she stepped foot on my property she would be hit with a trespassing charge. The lawyers tried to drag my daughter and myself in to the lawsuit on the basis of allowing an unsafe driver to operate our vehicle. They finally dropped us when I filled out their questionaire and they figured it would be tough to prove since she had no tickets or wrecks. Before the lawsuit we probably texted or emailed once a week. Not a peep out of her for months. Her problem when we were married was she never understood that you have to look out for number 1 first.

I'm not following here what makes her a bad person or deserving of trespassing charges?

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750673 02/19/20 09:56 PM
G
gtrich94 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
I agree with what the others have said. Based on what you've written, you need to nip this in the immediately. If not, get ready to spend a lot of time in the car driving to see your kids 3 counties away. Maybe she's being honest and she just needs two or three weeks to work out things with the late-husbands in-laws. Or maybe, she is asking for two or three weeks because in one week she plans to move in with her sisters three counties away. As you said, she has no job and was basically living off the late husband. If she is getting pressure from the late husbands family and they are fighting over the estate, she may move because they are going to break up the estate and she will have no other place to live. She may move because she has no income to pay her bills and plans to live off the sisters. She may move because she has no family where you currently live and needs the help of her sisters to raise your kids. Based on what you have written, it doesn't sound like she has anything holding her where you currently live and eventually, she is going to move back with the sisters. So even if things work out today, you may be right back in this place a year from now.

As far as the title of the thread is concerned, my slu@ ex was a ladder climbing b!@#$ who just wanted to go out to the hip places, party every night till the bars closed and spend money like it grew on trees. I dang near worked myself to death to put her through college and fund her lifestyle. I thank God almost every day that we didn't have kids. We split and she took 1/2 the money from our bank accounts, 1/2 the proceeds from the sale of the house, the washer/dryer/refrigerator and all the furniture except my dresser, nightstand and a ratty old couch. Anytime I pushed back, she came at me with "you'll give me this or I'll take 1/2 your 401k and pension as well." Given the value of my 401K/pension, I wasn't going to fight over a $150 table or a $200 TV. Karma is a b!@# though. She moved in with the "friend" she was seeing, and within a year, the fridge died, the washer died and the house they rented had a leak in the foundation and the moisture caused the wood in her bedroom furniture to warp. Meanwhile, all my new stuff was running fine. To top it all off, shortly after moving in with him, the "friend" lost his job, sat around on her couch, spent all her money and wouldn't get a new job. He also knocked her up within the year. Am I still bitter, nope. Did I literally laugh in her face when she told me she was pregnant with his kid, you bet your a$$ I did.

Last edited by gtrich94; 02/19/20 10:06 PM.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750888 02/20/20 01:05 AM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Sounds like you've done a good job of moving on Rich.

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750936 02/20/20 01:39 AM
W
Walkabout Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
After two divorces, a genetic defect was discovered on a chromosome that now prevents me from ever getting married again. That’s my story and I’m stick’n to it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide