Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750058 02/19/20 12:58 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Rolyat no experience but seen a lot. To stop it you'd better stop before she changes address. Get a lawyer yesterday and see if a judge will issue an emergency stop to it until the court can hear the case.

She changes address. Be a lot tougher.

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750071 02/19/20 01:10 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Do ask an attorney immediately, but I think twyc is correct, it's not gonna be viewed as outside a mother's normal perogative. Sometimes the decree will have something to keep them from moving out of state, but it doesn't sound like you have that either. I wasn't able to get it in mine. She said "no" I think just as a dig to me. She never moved out of the county, but did move my girls between 3 or 4 private Christian schools in about 2 years. She could also have wanted to have the possibility of moving to Houston since that's where her "friend" at work's (now her husband) ex-wife moved with the kids. He got divorced at the same time. nidea But OF COURSE, it was all my fault.

Whatever you find out, I'm sure you will persevere and be involved in your daughter's life no matter what, like it sounds like you have been. I pray for you that through your continued involvement with your little girl, your ex will see that you're never "going away", and hopefully she'll calm down and adjust to the situation. Stay calm and determined. It helped me in my situation.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750098 02/19/20 01:41 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Yes, ALWAYS stay calm.

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750166 02/19/20 02:08 PM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
No kids with my first. From seeing friends and family go thru this all I can say is watch your temper and mouth and get the best lawyer you can afford. Best wishes on keeping your kids close by.

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750207 02/19/20 02:33 PM
W
WCS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
I got my daughter and she had to pay child support. She's a POS and will always be. Talk to a lawyer as soon as possible!

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750209 02/19/20 02:34 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
My ex wasn’t mean or vindictive, just dumb.

One thing that helped me in my divorce was keeping everything real cool. I got exactly 100% everything I wanted, in large part because I didn’t poke the bull. I didn’t cuss her out or yell at her or anything like that. A lot of my buddies tried to bulldog their exes and it never worked out close to the way they wanted it. It just cost them a lot of time and both parties money.

If you have ever seen the movie “ pirates of Silicon Valley” be like Anthony Michael Hall. He got his way in the end but did it in a smooth and unassuming way no one knew till it was too late.

Since the decree is filed I don’t know how much you can do now, but it’s worth calling an attorney to find out.

I have seen courts file injunctions keeping kids to a certain county or limiting them to a 100 mile radius.

Depending on the situation of your divorce the mom have have a 100% legitimate reason to move 3 counties over.

It’s not always the woman’s fault in all cases.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750222 02/19/20 02:48 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
If your ex is managing conservator, your odds aren't good. Generally, most orders have provisions in them for parents that live 100 miles or more apart. There are state guidelines for visitation. Divorce is just a lawsuit by a different name. You and your ex can agree on anything you want. Problem is it's hard to get people to agree when there's so much emotion involved. Kids complicate it even more. Is she moving that far? All you can do is try.

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750237 02/19/20 02:58 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I am still on my starter wife so, I don’t have any complaints to offer at this point.
I am here to collect data about what to expect if I ever need trade-in my starter wife for an updated version.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750247 02/19/20 03:02 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I am also surprised that we have not seen any 1970’s black and white photos of anyone’s wife. confused2

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750288 02/19/20 03:37 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
I commented earlier but feel the need to be more direct. If you want to stop her from moving with the kids when the orders clearly say she can then you’re wasting money. If you are willing to be the custodial parent with her moving away you can make an argument and possibly win. You have to be ready and willing to go full time though. After the first year of divorce I took it back to court and got custody of both of my daughters and raised them myself. They’re 24 and 26 now with no regrets all around, but it’s a BIG decision.

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: pegasaurus] #7750299 02/19/20 03:46 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
I am also surprised that we have not seen any 1970’s black and white photos of anyone’s wife. confused2

Well articulated.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: Judd] #7750312 02/19/20 03:53 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Judd

Well articulated.

didn't have any digital cameras back then ... loser8

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: wp75169] #7750324 02/19/20 04:07 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by wp75169
I commented earlier but feel the need to be more direct. If you want to stop her from moving with the kids when the orders clearly say she can then you’re wasting money. If you are willing to be the custodial parent with her moving away you can make an argument and possibly win. You have to be ready and willing to go full time though. After the first year of divorce I took it back to court and got custody of both of my daughters and raised them myself. They’re 24 and 26 now with no regrets all around, but it’s a BIG decision.

The decree says that she can move to any contiguous county from our current location but she also penciled in Brazos County which is where her sisters live. Like a dumb A I agreed to it not thinking she would ever do it but now her new husband has died, she has been unemployed for 5 years, other family is fighting her in court over his estate and so on... to the point that she is running out of money. I can't trust anything she says so I don't know if this is another stunt or the real deal but getting awarded custodial parent would be a dream come true. I already have my lawyer and he is fully aware of our situation because I almost took her back to court recently but hesitated to see how things played out. I hate to kick her when she is down but I feel I have no other choice.

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: pegasaurus] #7750327 02/19/20 04:10 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Thanks ever so much for reminding him.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750329 02/19/20 04:12 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
How old are your kids?

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750341 02/19/20 04:19 PM
H
Hunt Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj

The decree says that she can move to any contiguous county from our current location but she also penciled in Brazos County which is where her sisters live. Like a dumb A I agreed to it not thinking she would ever do it but now her new husband has died, she has been unemployed for 5 years, other family is fighting her in court over his estate and so on... to the point that she is running out of money. I can't trust anything she says so I don't know if this is another stunt or the real deal but getting awarded custodial parent would be a dream come true. I already have my lawyer and he is fully aware of our situation because I almost took her back to court recently but hesitated to see how things played out. I hate to kick her when she is down but I feel I have no other choice.

Did she pencil in Brazos County before or after the agreement was signed and approved by the Court? Is it actually in pencil or ink?
Maybe you should politely offer to become Primary Custodian while she takes care of the family estate issues because that will probably take up so much of her time in the near future.
Like so many others have said, consult an Attorney and be nice and polite at all times.

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750345 02/19/20 04:21 PM
P
pdr55 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Just move to Brazos county.
That’ll show her. bolt

Last edited by pdr55; 02/19/20 04:32 PM. Reason: Not Brazil

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750369 02/19/20 04:38 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
When our divorce was final the judge gave her Freestone, contiguous counties, and McLennan county. The day the papers were signed she withdrew them from school and moved 100 miles away to the far south side of McLennon county without giving me or the court any notice.

Three months later the boys wanted to move back to Fairfield to go to school with their friends. She agreed to “allow” them to live with me if I continued to pay her child support and I drive them to her for her visitations.

I agreed and just as soon as they had been with me for six months I took her back to court, got custody and made her pay me child support.

She went way out of the way to make things as difficult as possible for me.....karma is a bitch!

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750380 02/19/20 04:49 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj

Are you "kicking her when she is down"? or are you doing what is best for your kids? If you feel that you are doing what is best for the kids, make sure that you have a smart but ruthless lawyer, and do not feel bad for her. It is about your kids and what is best for them.

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750382 02/19/20 04:53 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
When you divorced you chose. At least one of you did. They no longer have your best interest in mind, only theirs. Unless you are looking to reconcile you have to put you first.

Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750422 02/19/20 05:27 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I think a simple conversation will go much further with her than sending in the lawyers guns blazing. Her husband just died and she is in a panic more than likely on how she is gonna survive.

Pick up the phone and have a cordial and honest conversation

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750471 02/19/20 06:24 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Some things are better left to themselves.

Last edited by Hudbone; 02/19/20 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750482 02/19/20 06:36 PM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Im still friendly with my ex. She did wrong but Im not holding a grudge and have moved on. No anger at her for it. Im better off now.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ex-wife complaints [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7750499 02/19/20 06:51 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Mine started talking 10 years after the separation about coming to the house and getting a piece of furniture that was her grandma's. This was after she had a wreck in the car that I had to provide her and f'd up the police report at the scene. An undocumented illegal with no DL or insurance ran a red light. She ended up in a lawsuit 2 years later all because she failed to notice that the LEO had the vehicles on the wrong streets. She thought she could get them to change it weeks later. I told her and the kids that if a she stepped foot on my property she would be hit with a trespassing charge. The lawyers tried to drag my daughter and myself in to the lawsuit on the basis of allowing an unsafe driver to operate our vehicle. They finally dropped us when I filled out their questionaire and they figured it would be tough to prove since she had no tickets or wrecks. Before the lawsuit we probably texted or emailed once a week. Not a peep out of her for months. Her problem when we were married was she never understood that you have to look out for number 1 first.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide