Print Thread
Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast #7744966 02/13/20 05:35 PM
W
wacoducks Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Not sure how many podcast listeners there are on here, but this series called the “The Warden” from The End of the Line Podcast, is a great listen. 15 part series giving insight from an outfitter that went down due to laws that are commonly overlooked.
https://lnns.co/e8yr0TUhimL

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: wacoducks] #7745077 02/13/20 07:17 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Someone posted it a while back, it was a good one. He's officially back in business now too.

The call maker is a good one too

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: KWood_TSU] #7745230 02/13/20 10:06 PM
R
RiverRunner Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
Someone posted it a while back, it was a good one. He's officially back in business now too.

Back in the guiding business??? Trying to find info and haven't seen it yet.

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: wacoducks] #7745274 02/13/20 10:46 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Foiles was good, I couldn't get into Warden because the guy was so hard to listen too...his voice is too monotone. Plus, it was a lot of the same stuff Foiles had to say.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: RiverRunner] #7745361 02/14/20 12:06 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by RiverRunner

I would think next year maybe. He was only able to hunt the last month of season I believe.
He's running under toe tags llc. He might not be an outfitter anymore, I guess I meant back in business in saying he did his time.

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: Judd] #7745366 02/14/20 12:08 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by Judd
Foiles was good, I couldn't get into Warden because the guy was so hard to listen too...his voice is too monotone. Plus, it was a lot of the same stuff Foiles had to say.

It was nuts. Those feds went on 27,I believe, hunts with him trying to build a case. You should listen to when they came to arrest him, 45 agents.

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: wacoducks] #7745497 02/14/20 02:12 AM
E
Eastxhuntr Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
^52 agents. And I agree with above the dude is a terrible story teller to the point I wouldn’t even suggest someone devoting 15 hours to listen to him. He prolly mentions” I was in law enforcement “ 100 times. It’s a grind to get through. And the host is annoying AF always interrupting him. Prolly coulda got to the gist of it in 2-3 episodes...

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: wacoducks] #7745505 02/14/20 02:16 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
I liked it all. I listened to it all in 3 days I think. I'm glad rocky kept interrupting him too, made him answer questions he hadn't answered before.
Maybe Ryan wasn't a great story teller, but then again, it wasn't a story, it was real life.

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: KWood_TSU] #7746002 02/14/20 05:09 PM
R
RiverRunner Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R

I would think next year maybe. He was only able to hunt the last month of season I believe.
He's running under toe tags llc. He might not be an outfitter anymore, I guess I meant back in business in saying he did his time.

Toe Tags has been going since he sentenced...Lots of outfitters now using his tags since the Podcast aired.

I was hoping he was back in the guide business....I would like to hunt with the guy and support him. The average joe isn't the guy the feds are looking for on tagging issues, but probably wouldn't hurt to buy some and start using them as an average joe, though.

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: Eastxhuntr] #7746006 02/14/20 05:15 PM
R
RiverRunner Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted by Eastxhuntr
^52 agents. And I agree with above the dude is a terrible story teller to the point I wouldn’t even suggest someone devoting 15 hours to listen to him. He prolly mentions” I was in law enforcement “ 100 times. It’s a grind to get through. And the host is annoying AF always interrupting him. Prolly coulda got to the gist of it in 2-3 episodes...

Ryan was a bit monotone and he did mention that he was former LEO several times, but I was riveted by the story itself. Foiles podcast had me hooked as well, just because I wanted to hear his side of the story.

Both of these guys did stuff that the average hunter does every weekend...party hunting, birds piled together, etc....stuff you see in just about every photo posted on the internet.

I still don't know that Foiles was humbled enough, definitely not like Ryan Warden was. Warden's sincerity really won me over on his deal.

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: wacoducks] #7746099 02/14/20 07:01 PM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
So wait... is Foiles a good guy now? Several years ago everyone said he was the devil. Made me almost wish I hadn’t supported him by purchasing that dead meat mallard call about 10 years back. Man I like the sound of it.

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: RiverRunner] #7746109 02/14/20 07:10 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

Toe Tags has been going since he sentenced...Lots of outfitters now using his tags since the Podcast aired.

I was hoping he was back in the guide business....I would like to hunt with the guy and support him. The average joe isn't the guy the feds are looking for on tagging issues, but probably wouldn't hurt to buy some and start using them as an average joe, though.

He's posted on his IG about having a group hunt that he was on. I think it was at reelfoot, and they were getting a group together.
Not sure about guiding, I haven't seen any info on if he plans to or not.

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: Greg] #7746118 02/14/20 07:18 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Greg
So wait... is Foiles a good guy now? Several years ago everyone said he was the devil. Made me almost wish I hadn’t supported him by purchasing that dead meat mallard call about 10 years back. Man I like the sound of it.

Listen to the podcast. Pretty crazy

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: Greg] #7746231 02/14/20 08:53 PM
R
RiverRunner Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted by Greg

Don't know that he is a good guy/bad guy or not, but hearing his side of the story changed the way I viewed his story.

That was what made the podcast good...cleared up what he was really indicted for. Most of the stuff I had heard were just rumors...i.e., the shooting banded geese/ducks with a pellet gun at a park, shooting over the limit, etc...

The shooting over the limit, was in reality party hunting. Said they never had more than a limit for the group and the indictments showed that. Lots of us are guilty for party hunting I'm sure.

One thing that became abundantly clear from both podcasts, the Feds are watching social media ( FB, IG, SnapChat, forums, etc..) to find people that aren't tagging/separating birds and are party hunting. Definitely made me change how I went about things this year.

Last edited by RiverRunner; 02/14/20 08:55 PM.
Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: wacoducks] #7748370 02/17/20 07:27 PM
E
Eastxhuntr Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
^word . Which I kind of assumed but it’s almost eerie to know you’re being hunted.

Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: Judd] #7757801 02/27/20 03:11 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Judd

I enjoyed both and the substance of each was great.

However, Foiles was harder to listen to for me than Warden. Foiles didn’t tell a very linear story, and Rocky, the host, didn’t help. As someone else said, Foiles didn’t come off as humbled as Warden did, but that seems to be his personality in general, and he definitely got railroaded.

That’s the thing that struck me with both stories - the waste of resources and overreach to investigate and punish these guys. Foiles mentioned it every episode I feel like, but investigating these two the way they did, instead of issuing tickets to start with was ridiculous. Maybe it would’ve stopped if he had gotten some fines early on for skirting the law. Maybe not, because Foiles was/is so arrogant.

I’d never heard of either of these guys (Foiles a little but nothing nearly as in depth as what was talked about on the podcast) before I listened to them.

Rocky needs to improve his hosting ability, but I get he isn’t a polished radio host. He interrupts at terrible times (especially with Warden, who would finally get in a groove and start telling a story) and his cadence isn’t great, either, but the topics were very interesting to me. Enthralling, really, and I’m glad I listened to both all the way through.

Warden is a much more sympathetic figure in my opinion, and maybe it’s because he isn’t as cocky as Foiles, wasn’t such a tough guy or as public a figure (Foiles seemed to be or think he was The Man in the hunting industry and in that sense painted a target on his back).

In summary, Rocky isn’t a polished host, and I think that would go a long way to make the episodes flow better. Foiles doesn’t seem remorseful, whereas Warden does. Both got railroaded way beyond what was necessary, and both stories were interesting and worth listening to.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: wacoducks] #7757803 02/27/20 03:12 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Oh, and the audio for the Foiles series was worse. Not sure if he was always outside on a cell phone in the middle of nowhere, but he was hard to hear and his accent/way of speaking didn’t help either.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bingeworthy Waterfowl Podcast [Re: wacoducks] #7767088 03/09/20 10:34 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
So I finally finished the Foiles episodes.
He definitely got screwed over hard. He was basically investigated so hard because there was an accusation that he was smuggling drugs into canada, a jealous ex wife and the guy she was seeing at the time, while her and Jeff were married, if I remember correctly.

The feds tried to make an example out of him, and it won't ever work because people will never stop party hunting.

After listening to it, I wouldn't say he was/is a bad guy. Seems like he has a love him/ hate him personality though, and no in between.

Like someone said, all of his tickets were for group limits/party hunting. That's something that 9/10 of every group that hunts does. I wonder if there is a way to petition to get that law changed being that it's a federal law.

I think he was definitely humbled though, he is just a go-getter from what I can tell. I don't think he shows emotion, so you can't really tell he was remorseful when he actually was.

I preferred the Warden series more myself, it seemed like it was easier to listen to me.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide