Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,943
Posts9,730,922
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce #7743130 02/11/20 07:08 PM
T
Tin Head Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I guess this is what some of you were talking about a few weeks back. To me it seems idiotic that during the bond process there is missing info on the arrested person. There was a warrant round up and the department said of the 70 arrested , 25 have already been released and some of them had prior felonies on their records. Looks like in 2020 we are "just looking" at fixing this issue roflmao, talk about peeing on my leg and telling me its raining. This comes from the peson that killed the two sisters . He had been arrested and let out on low bond and ended up kiling three people. And the wheel goes round and round hammer

DALLAS - The Dallas City Council received an alarming update from police on Monday about a recent warrant roundup.

The department said of the 70 people arrested, 25 have already been released and some of them had prior felonies on their records.
"As I look at this, it's frightening,” said Deputy Mayor Pro Tem Adam McGough.

In an interview with FOX4 on Friday, Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot spoke about the problem, saying he has called a meeting of the presiding municipal judges to talk about the importance of having all of the information about an offender when setting bond -- keeping Dallas' most violent offenders behind bars.

"The DA, Creuzot, is actively working on trying to develop a system, trying to make sure...the magistrates that are setting the bonds have enough information,” said Assistant Chief David Pughes.

One week ago, Abbaney Matts and her sister, Deja, were gunned down on the campus of Texas A&M Commerce.

The week before the murders, Matts' ex-boyfriend, Jacques Smith, got out of jail on a $15,000 bond sent by a magistrate judge in Garland after Smith allegedly beat her with a lamp, TV and frying pan, according to police. The affidavit states that he told her he would kill her.

Smith is now charged with capital murder in her death.

Records show Smith has a history of assault, and was even on probation -- yet he was able to bond out of jail.

“We just had a gross failure of the system,” said Dallas County Commissioner JJ Koch.

Koch agrees that the DA and judges need to meet and make sure this does not happen again.

“That's an instance where we just have to be so, so good at catching people in that net when they're in our hands. There is just no excuse of someone who is that evil,” Koch said.

According to the DA, judges see an offender's criminal history when deciding a bond amount, but might not receive all the specifics of the crime they are accused of, unless they contact the DA's office, or a prosecutor is present.

“We need to make sure that we're using the resources we have, in a wise fashion, to protect our citizens. We're not,” Koch said.

McGough spoke Monday, concerned about the issue, as Dallas is working to decrease violent crime.

"The folks that are already committing violent crimes and have violent crimes on their record are more likely to commit violent crimes, and that's the issue we're dealing with more than anything else right now, so until we address this, I don't know that much of what we're doing has a substantial impact,” McGough said.
https://www.fox4news.com/news/dalla...after-double-murder-at-texas-am-commerce

Last edited by Tin Head; 02/11/20 07:15 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: Tin Head] #7743142 02/11/20 07:19 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
You can't fix stupid.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: Texas Dan] #7743154 02/11/20 07:30 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
and you hire this in Philadelphia.............just like the dallas one.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/philadelphia-police-chief-starts-amid-surge-homicides-68863540

with the last name of Outlaw rofl

Let the cities burn

Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: Texas Dan] #7743157 02/11/20 07:33 PM
T
Tin Head Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
You can't fix stupid.

Very true but, IMO, the "leaders" of the city are using stupid against us all. Mo crime, Mo money, Mo laws. "Gun violence"

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: fadetoblack64] #7743159 02/11/20 07:34 PM
T
Tin Head Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64
and you hire this in Philadelphia.............just like the dallas one.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/philadelphia-police-chief-starts-amid-surge-homicides-68863540

with the last name of Outlaw rofl

Let the cities burn

yeup thats about right
Ed • 2 days ago

A whole city falls prey to #METOO and the race hustlers. ...a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: Tin Head] #7743160 02/11/20 07:34 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Amazed they didn't try to blame the gun.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: Gravytrain] #7743165 02/11/20 07:39 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by Gravytrain

Well Hades he beat her with a lamp, TV and frying pan and that didn't work............he had to get a gun
confused2

Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: fadetoblack64] #7743173 02/11/20 07:45 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Well Hades he beat her with a lamp, TV and frying pan and that didn't work............he had to get a gun
confused2

Out on bond, where did he get the gun?

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: dogcatcher] #7743197 02/11/20 08:10 PM
T
Tin Head Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

confused2

Out on bond, where did he get the gun?
where did he get the lamp, TV and frying pan?

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: Tin Head] #7743203 02/11/20 08:14 PM
N
nsmike Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
N
This is just one example of why I think progressives are nuts! They keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: nsmike] #7743208 02/11/20 08:17 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
See..................whoever made this the policy needs to be killed and their family and friends also.

That girl and her friend are dead. Fair is fair in Takes world.

Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: nsmike] #7743224 02/11/20 08:29 PM
T
Tin Head Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by nsmike
This is just one example of why I think progressives are nuts! They keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

actually the are very smart CRIMINALS. Letting criminals out the back door and screaming to us they need more money to fix the problem. With everything the regressive do its always around this idea, rinse and repeat. Create the problem for their solution. Their "order" out of chaos. The white man did it, America did it , trees are racist, we need Mo money.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: Tin Head] #7743550 02/12/20 01:05 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Criminals do what criminals do.

This is 100 percent money related. If your jail houses 10000 people and it has 6000 people in it, that saves the county millions. Less required jails staff, meals, medical. Etc.

Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: Tin Head] #7743708 02/12/20 05:05 AM
T
Tin Head Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
popcorn

New Dallas police monitor eager to begin work

Tonya McClary calls herself both a community whisperer and a police whisperer.
https://www.fox4news.com/video/653941

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: Tin Head] #7743713 02/12/20 05:14 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I've been getting warrants signed by judges for 25 years. Some are liberal and give low bonds, some are conservative and give high bonds. My favorite judge to take problem people warrants to, has a portrait on his chamber wall of Judge Roy Bean's Courthouse. Typically this issue has nothing to do with money, it's all about social and political beliefs. This is how it is in Tarrant County, I can't speak of Dallas County issues. The whole government there from the city, county and schools are so corrupt, that there's no end to what goes on as far as the corruption.

Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: Tin Head] #7744457 02/13/20 01:51 AM
T
Tin Head Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Sounds like the folks down in Houston are questioning the same deal .Sounds crazy, judges would put citizens at risk like this. At least in Houston they are not blaming it on "some flawed system" of not having the info, yet...
“It concerns me—there’s no question,” said Teare.

“I can tell you in my 34 years of doing this business, I have never seen so many suspected criminals on our streets, and that’s just the way it is,” said Herman. “I mean these folks are having cases dismissed. They’re having low bonds and sometimes not even any bonds.”
https://www.fox4news.com/news/career-criminal-was-out-on-2-bonds-when-dwi-crash-killed-3

Last edited by Tin Head; 02/13/20 03:09 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: ntxtrapper] #7744513 02/13/20 02:59 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I've been getting warrants signed by judges for 25 years. Some are liberal and give low bonds, some are conservative and give high bonds. My favorite judge to take problem people warrants to, has a portrait on his chamber wall of Judge Roy Bean's Courthouse. Typically this issue has nothing to do with money, it's all about social and political beliefs. This is how it is in Tarrant County, I can't speak of Dallas County issues. The whole government there from the city, county and schools are so corrupt, that there's no end to what goes on as far as the corruption.

Dallas changed a few years back. There used to be police friendly district judges that would set high bonds. Now the county magistrate does them all.
Dallas County employees.

Re: Dallas-area leaders to evaluate bond process after double murder at Texas A&M Commerce [Re: Tin Head] #7744521 02/13/20 03:08 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Well there you go. A liberal local government is the issue.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide