Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: BigPig] #7742335 02/10/20 07:08 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by BigPig

The Raptor is a single purpose vehicle... that’s to make flat bill white sunglass wearing midgets feel cool.

loser8

[Linked Image]

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: KRoyal] #7742358 02/10/20 07:26 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

It takes a published report for you to understand that a gas truck is better off road than a diesel?

Ok that’s funny!!!
roflmao

2pts Big pig

On a side note the weight difference is about ranch hand bumpers... or tough country

I am interested in the 7.3 tremor, I feel like a locking front axle is exactly what I need to get me to where no tractor can pull me out, I like a good challenge

If I ever go back to a gas truck it would either be the Power Wagon or the Tremor. I’d like to see a legit off road comparison with the 2.

Spoiler alert neither will beat the Raptor.

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: Mickey Moose] #7742363 02/10/20 07:27 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Ouch!

Thinks to self (self, don’t do that with your truck)

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: Mickey Moose] #7742367 02/10/20 07:30 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
clap

[Linked Image]
Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: BigPig] #7742633 02/11/20 12:32 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

It takes a published report for you to understand that a gas truck is better off road than a diesel?

Ok that’s funny!!!
roflmao

2pts Big pig

On a side note the weight difference is about ranch hand bumpers... or tough country

I am interested in the 7.3 tremor, I feel like a locking front axle is exactly what I need to get me to where no tractor can pull me out, I like a good challenge

If I ever go back to a gas truck it would either be the Power Wagon or the Tremor. I’d like to see a legit off road comparison with the 2.

They did it but the tremor had the diesel in it.....

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: KRoyal] #7742906 02/11/20 02:31 PM
R
Ramball36 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

The Raptor is a single purpose vehicle... that’s to make flat bill white sunglass wearing midgets feel cool.

loser8

You'd be real surprised how many middle aged ranchers with windmill money are rolling around in Raptors out here. I bet I build an aluminum bed for one before too long

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: Ramball36] #7742924 02/11/20 02:47 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Ramball36

loser8

You'd be real surprised how many middle aged ranchers with windmill money are rolling around in Raptors out here. I bet I build an aluminum bed for one before too long

Yep. It is a cool looking truck. Just like all the old farts in Porches. If I wasn't as well-adjusted as I am, I'd consider one. laugh

Way too many Americans think "you are what you drive." Marketing lemmings.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: Creekrunner] #7742956 02/11/20 03:17 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

Been that way for quite a while. I can't tell you how many friends I had in my early 20's who would live hand to mouth yet thought nothing of dropping $3k into accessories for their trucks. It was pure status quo.

But, for a lot of us, you do have to keep up some sort of an appearance. I refuse to drive a raptor though because too many other agents already have them....I know of 5 off the top of my head.

I'll continue to beat my clients into submission with my 3/4 ton

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: txtrophy85] #7743001 02/11/20 04:26 PM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Been that way for quite a while. I can't tell you how many friends I had in my early 20's who would live hand to mouth yet thought nothing of dropping $3k into accessories for their trucks. It was pure status quo.

But, for a lot of us, you do have to keep up some sort of an appearance. I refuse to drive a raptor though because too many other agents already have them....I know of 5 off the top of my head.

I had a broker that represented the seller on some land I was selling tell me that if I wanted to be successful in real estate that I needed to drive a Lincoln instead of my truck. I asked him why he drove a Cadillac? He told me because it’s paid for and at my age (83) that’s what’s important. I told him that my truck is paid for, and at my age (34) that is what’s important. He sat silent for a minute, then told me this is the first time in 53 years that he has been without a listing. I told him then he should prob buy a Lincoln if he wants to be successful.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: Creekrunner] #7743010 02/11/20 04:42 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Ramball36

loser8

Yep. It is a cool looking truck. Just like all the old farts in Porches. If I wasn't as well-adjusted as I am, I'd consider one. laugh

Nothing worse then driving a 3/4 truck all over a ranch or miles of county roads. Every damn year I threaten to go back to a half ton or raptor, my wife reminds me we aren’t rich and transmissions aren’t cheap..... and has anyone ever put a gooseneck hitch in a raptor....

I’ve spent roughly 30 day’s on a mountain ranch cruising around hunting out of a raptor... I get it

Long story short, if I had the money I’d have a raptor and 3/4. My kidneys and back would rejoice

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: BigPig] #7743011 02/11/20 04:43 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Love me an old Lincoln town car.............pure class and I wish I could find an agent rolling in one. I would hire them.

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: txtrophy85] #7743013 02/11/20 04:46 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Ok that’s funny!!!
roflmao

2pts Big pig

They did it but the tremor had the diesel in it.....

PW had more articulation, was about the only thing it won on

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: Mickey Moose] #7743036 02/11/20 05:14 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I steal my wife’s Tahoe whenever I can

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: Mickey Moose] #7743083 02/11/20 06:13 PM
Tbar Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I traded my 2012 and bought the 2020 King Ranch.

Make America Great Again

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: BigPig] #7743090 02/11/20 06:24 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

I had a broker that represented the seller on some land I was selling tell me that if I wanted to be successful in real estate that I needed to drive a Lincoln instead of my truck. I asked him why he drove a Cadillac? He told me because it’s paid for and at my age (83) that’s what’s important. I told him that my truck is paid for, and at my age (34) that is what’s important. He sat silent for a minute, then told me this is the first time in 53 years that he has been without a listing. I told him then he should prob buy a Lincoln if he wants to be successful.

Man, I hope and pray that when I get old(er) that I can actually listen and show genuine interest in a younger person's life, instead of arrogantly wandering around, telling everyone what "they ought to do." Those old guys are a dime a dozen. And sad.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7743096 02/11/20 06:29 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Nothing worse then driving a 3/4 truck all over a ranch or miles of county roads. Every damn year I threaten to go back to a half ton or raptor, my wife reminds me we aren’t rich and transmissions aren’t cheap..... and has anyone ever put a gooseneck hitch in a raptor....

I’ve spent roughly 30 day’s on a mountain ranch cruising around hunting out of a raptor... I get it

Long story short, if I had the money I’d have a raptor and 3/4. My kidneys and back would rejoice

There is a guy on the RAM forum with a RAM 1500 ecodiesel, he commercially delivers travel trailers and ski boats from manufacturer to dealers with it. Its a 2014 model with the 3.0 ecodiesel and 8 speed ZF transmission. He replaced the motor at 290k miles. Currently has about 600k miles on it. Original transmission changes fluid every 100k miles.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: Creekrunner] #7743108 02/11/20 06:36 PM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B

Man, I hope and pray that when I get old(er) that I can actually listen and show genuine interest in a younger person's life, instead of arrogantly wandering around, telling everyone what "they ought to do." Those old guys are a dime a dozen. And sad.

I don’t know how he was imparting wisdom on me. If what I drive is how you judge me, then I don’t want your business. I work hard and deliver a good service/product.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: BigPig] #7743153 02/11/20 07:29 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Hahahaha. Well played.....not to mention the fact if you're 83 and still needing to work maybe you shouldn't be giving financial advice....

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: DocHorton] #7743192 02/11/20 08:07 PM
L
LonestarCobra Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by DocHorton

Hahahaha. Well played.....not to mention the fact if you're 83 and still needing to work maybe you shouldn't be giving financial advice....

I tend to agree, but.... I do know two individuals locally, both who are in their early 70's that are worth over 300 Million each. Both can be caught working on Sunday, its all they know.

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: LonestarCobra] #7743198 02/11/20 08:10 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by LonestarCobra

I tend to agree, but.... I do know two individuals locally, both who are in their early 70's that are worth over 300 Million each. Both can be caught working on Sunday, its all they know.

I know a couple of people like that. I guess its what happens when you truly enjoy what you do. Seen some of them work all the way till they died, but I guess it may have never been work to them. Not me as soon as I can afford to quit I will.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: Creekrunner] #7743226 02/11/20 08:31 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

I'm gonna start ordering around the Olds' and telling them what they ought to do in order to balance out the universe.

I've had the fortune to come across some really cool older folks though that when they talked, I certainly listened.

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: DocHorton] #7743228 02/11/20 08:31 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Three of my good friends each pocketed 75 million in cash and 75 million in stock when the sold their company, kicker is the stock tripled with in the next year before they could sell one share...

All three started new companies in different verticals. 300 million apiece and still growing.

I know 2/3 will still be working in their 80’s or until the day the die. They can’t stop.

Someone asked me what I would have done with 300 million, I replied I would never have known. I would sold when I could of pocketed 3 million and retired.

Some people are just wired differently, so working in your 80’s isn’t exactly because of bad choices. My grandfather was same way couldn’t stop. Technically I’m glad that gene skipped me

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: Mickey Moose] #7743237 02/11/20 08:38 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Not me, I would probably retire if I won a million dollar jackpot right now. I'd still do side business work and I'd invest the full million and live just like I do now. I'd much rather enjoy my life with my wife and son doing whatever we wanted to do then coming into work everyday. Thankful I have a job, but still.

[Linked Image]

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7743509 02/12/20 12:32 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by redchevy

I know a couple of people like that. I guess its what happens when you truly enjoy what you do. Seen some of them work all the way till they died, but I guess it may have never been work to them. Not me as soon as I can afford to quit I will.

Three of my good friends each pocketed 75 million in cash and 75 million in stock when the sold their company, kicker is the stock tripled with in the next year before they could sell one share...

All three started new companies in different verticals. 300 million apiece and still growing.

I know 2/3 will still be working in their 80’s or until the day the die. They can’t stop.

Someone asked me what I would have done with 300 million, I replied I would never have known. I would sold when I could of pocketed 3 million and retired.

Some people are just wired differently, so working in your 80’s isn’t exactly because of bad choices. My grandfather was same way couldn’t stop. Technically I’m glad that gene skipped me

True....y'all are correct. For some, working is all they know and the money is just a number like a video game.

Re: Spec'ing a Superduty - Dumb Choice [Re: redchevy] #7743519 02/12/20 12:40 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by redchevy

I’ll probably be one of them. I love the work I do, and I have a hard time getting away from it or thinking about not doing it.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide