T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by txshntr
Originally Posted by don k
This whole thing is actually becoming very stupid. A land owner did not want archery hunting on his property. He owns the property. He makes the rules. He did not say why he does not want it. Maybe he has trouble before. Maybe the bow hunters are Italians. Maybe the bow hunters are Germans. Maybe the bow hunters are Mexicans. Maybe the bow hunters are Gay or Transvestites. If he says why he does not allow it then he discriminating on a certain group. And if you read the news that seems to be blown out of proportion. If you lease a place you know what you can and cannot do. Leave it at that.

Makes too much sense. More fun to argue cheers

Would make a great premise for a hunting show....”gay Italian transvestite bow hunters traverse the woods and waters in search of game”

Of course the whole world would know it’s fake reality tv bs....it’s common knowledge Italians don’t bowhunt

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: txtrophy85] #7731934 01/29/20 02:53 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Would make a great premise for a hunting show....”gay European transvestite bird hunters traverse the woods and waters in search of game or any willing male.”

Of course the whole world would know it’s fake reality tv bs....it’s common knowledge folks from Belgium like any long object they can stick in an inappropriate place while wearing the gayest boots Texans have ever seen...

Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: txtrophy85] #7731950 01/29/20 03:05 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by txshntr
Originally Posted by don k
This whole thing is actually becoming very stupid. A land owner did not want archery hunting on his property. He owns the property. He makes the rules. He did not say why he does not want it. Maybe he has trouble before. Maybe the bow hunters are Italians. Maybe the bow hunters are Germans. Maybe the bow hunters are Mexicans. Maybe the bow hunters are Gay or Transvestites. If he says why he does not allow it then he discriminating on a certain group. And if you read the news that seems to be blown out of proportion. If you lease a place you know what you can and cannot do. Leave it at that.

Makes too much sense. More fun to argue cheers

Would make a great premise for a hunting show....”gay Italian transvestite bow hunters traverse the woods and waters in search of game”

Of course the whole world would know it’s fake reality tv bs....it’s common knowledge Italians don’t bowhunt

This man disagrees bolt

[Linked Image]

texas flag

Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: WillowCity2506] #7732042 01/29/20 04:07 PM
B
Black02z28 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
This has been an interesting sh!t show to read on a slow day smile Carry on gentlemen.

Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: WillowCity2506] #7732161 01/29/20 05:53 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Our place isn't "No Archery Allowed", but it's discouraged by our owner. See his reasoning and rules below in order of importance.

1.) Added opportunity for hunters to take an animal (when it comes down to it he doesn't like a lot of animals killed)
2.) Wounded/unrecovered animal
3.) Axis & whitetail are easier targets in October (bucks still in groups at our place and it was like shooting fish in a barrel before anthrax hit)
4.) No trophies taken with a bow
5.) .50 cents per acre more if we choose to bow hunt

Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: WillowCity2506] #7732174 01/29/20 06:08 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Wow I find that odd, a lease owner that doesn't like lots of animals killed? Our old land lady would think if we held off or passed a buck etc. that we weren't happy with the place.

I also don't get the added opportunity, Im gonna shoot the same number of animals no matter what I shoot them with.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: RJH1] #7732247 01/29/20 07:03 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by RJH1

2 the reason it won't happen is income. In a post up a few someone mentioned that there were seven hundred thousand Bowhunters in Texas, multiply that by a $7 stamp and doesn't that come up to 4.9 million dollars in income to the state? Not to mention all the extra taxes that people pay for bows, arrows, broadheads, targets, Etc. That is why the state will not do away with bow season, and another reason we may not want it done away with. If bow season was done away with the state is going to have to make up that income somehow, probably by raising fees on all licenses.

You might want to re-check your math. There are only 730,000 total deer hunters in Texas.

Originally Posted by Mr. T.
TPWD surveys indicate 10 percent to 15 percent of the state's 730,000 deer hunters participate in the archery-only season, which requires bowhunters hold a valid archery endorsement on their hunting license and hunt only with a long bow, compound bow or crossbow.

"So we're looking at between 75,000 and as many as 100,000 bowhunters in Texas," Cain said.

Different challenge

Those bowhunters have a much lower success rate than hunters using firearms, a function of bowhunting requiring the hunter get much closer to the quarry. Bowhunter success rates in Texas traditionally are about 10 percent, while those using firearms have a 40 percent to 50 percent success rate.

Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: fouzman] #7732284 01/29/20 07:25 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by fouzman

2 the reason it won't happen is income. In a post up a few someone mentioned that there were seven hundred thousand Bowhunters in Texas, multiply that by a $7 stamp and doesn't that come up to 4.9 million dollars in income to the state? Not to mention all the extra taxes that people pay for bows, arrows, broadheads, targets, Etc. That is why the state will not do away with bow season, and another reason we may not want it done away with. If bow season was done away with the state is going to have to make up that income somehow, probably by raising fees on all licenses.

You might want to re-check your math. There are only 730,000 total deer hunters in Texas.

TPWD surveys indicate 10 percent to 15 percent of the state's 730,000 deer hunters participate in the archery-only season, which requires bowhunters hold a valid archery endorsement on their hunting license and hunt only with a long bow, compound bow or crossbow.

"So we're looking at between 75,000 and as many as 100,000 bowhunters in Texas," Cain said.

Different challenge

Those bowhunters have a much lower success rate than hunters using firearms, a function of bowhunting requiring the hunter get much closer to the quarry. Bowhunter success rates in Texas traditionally are about 10 percent, while those using firearms have a 40 percent to 50 percent success rate.

I wonder if TPWD estimate is based off archery tag sales? If it is that number is even lower since a lot of people buy super combos just to get hunting/fishing in one license.

Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: krmitchell] #7732296 01/29/20 07:31 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by krmitchell

I wonder if TPWD estimate is based off archery tag sales? If it is that number is even lower since a lot of people buy super combos just to get hunting/fishing in one license.

Never thought about that before, but my brother, wife, SIL, and many other relatives and friends that I know buy a super combo do not bow hunt.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: krmitchell] #7732298 01/29/20 07:32 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Different challenge

Good point. I would assume any super combo sales would automatically be counted toward bowhunter numbers, but it would be interesting to see confirmation. Another point to ponder would be lifetime license holders and how they fit into those stats. Mine is a lifetime super combo so it should count just like any other super combo every year, but who knows how they are actually counted. I would think when I get mine printed each year it would be counted as a super combo sale even though it's not actually a sale.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: WillowCity2506] #7732343 01/29/20 08:04 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
there's a special stamp or tag to hunt archery?

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: PMK] #7732346 01/29/20 08:07 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by PMK
there's a special stamp or tag to hunt archery?

Just to hunt the archery only season.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: WillowCity2506] #7732349 01/29/20 08:10 PM
N
NOCOOLNAMETOO Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
“This aggression will not stand, man.”

Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: redchevy] #7732357 01/29/20 08:20 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by redchevy

Never thought about that before, but my brother, wife, SIL, and many other relatives and friends that I know buy a super combo do not bow hunt.

Same. Wife, myself and every other person I know that hunts does the same. Thinking more about it, they have to use license data to get these numbers. What else would they be able to use?

Last edited by krmitchell; 01/29/20 08:35 PM.
Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: fouzman] #7732387 01/29/20 08:42 PM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R

Different challenge

Yep thanks, i misread that.

Re: No Archery Allowed [Re: WillowCity2506] #7732426 01/29/20 09:04 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I did too, at first.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide