Print Thread
Rattlesnake Hill Outfitters - rave review! #7730566 01/28/20 03:31 AM
S
Samal Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
S
I absolutely have to write this review! I just got back from the weekend hunt with Rattlesnake Hill Outfitters out of Honey Grove, TX.

It was the greatest hog hunt I had so far in TX and overall.

I found them on one of the posts in this forum and contacted them over text and FB. Communications was great, great pricing, unlimited hogs, ammo, everything as advertised on their website and FB is absolute true, including "No shot opportunity, no pay" guaranty!

Chris and Dakota are amazing! Their gear is top notch: rifles with thermal they provide, comfortable van to cart you around in comfort, and (!) an awesome drone with a FLIR camera to find pigs! Pig skinning and quartering is included at no extra charge, unlimited ammo and hogs, and it is really great to see how they are invested in the success of the hunt, how they work so hard to provide you an experience you are looking for!

They provide no lodging, but there is a very affordable and amazingly clean AirBnB modular house for up to 4-6 people in 25 minutes away and they start the hunt with a home cooked meal provided to you!

We booked a 2-nights hunt for 4 people and drove from IL to the airbnb on Thursday, 1/23. We chilled at the house Friday morning and met with Chris and Dakota at their property at 6:30 PM. After a great meal of roasted chicken and homemade mac&cheese we headed out. Drone was flown and found a sounder of pigs, but as we covered about 600 yards of pasture to get to them, we bumped them and could not get a shot. Pigs did not move much that night and after 8 hours at 4:00AM we called it a might. I truly think our hosts were more upset about it than us! And true to their policy, they did not charge us for that night!

We got back to them the next evening and headed out again after dinner. 10 minutes later, we were stalking to a sounder of pigs to about 60 yards range, and shot 11 of them using supplied AR-15 in 7.62x39 with top of the line pulsar thermal scopes! it was so much fun! Everything was arranged - UTV to get hogs to their property, they promptly filled up our cooler with about 200 lbs of quartered hogs and we headed out again just in time for one of their game cameras to send us a picture of another sounder. This time, it was a challenging shot at the sounder of pigs walking away from behind a tree line at about 200 yards distance. Again, magazines of ammo were dumped, but our inexperience with judging distance using thermal scopes saved the pigs. Another hour later, they spotted a single mature boar on a pasture and led us to about 200 yards shot, but again, with no their fault we missed the opportunity. We were going till 2:00 AM and they were ready to continue, but that time we called it a night since we had to go home that morning.

We loved everything about the hunt, and we will be back! if someone is looking for an honest hardworking outfitter in NE Texas, I recommend to give them a shout.

http://rattlesnakehilloutfitters.com/

https://www.facebook.com/rattlesnakehilloutfitters/

where we stayed:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/39408657?source_impression_id=p3_1580182783_jyFmk4FUuE3Twhdp

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Samal; 01/28/20 03:40 AM.
Re: Rattlesnake Hill Outfitters - rave review! [Re: Samal] #7735039 02/01/20 03:34 PM
T
TexasOutdoorsman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
I hunted with them December 2018 and it was a blast. Great people!

texas

Wildlife & Forestry
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide