Page 1 of 2 1 2
Waders........ #7726345 01/23/20 04:26 PM
S
Sinkey Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
So the Bandeds finally bit the bullet and leaked this last weekend after 3 years. They wont return them. So Im in the market.......

Let me hear thought on the Drakes or sitkas. Looking at Drake Neopreme and breathable with rip away lining. But not the 6 in 1.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7726381 01/23/20 04:55 PM
L
Leonardo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
I have been giving serious thought to the Sitka, only because of the repair/return policy. It seems like I go through a pair every year.

Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7726410 01/23/20 05:15 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
I would go breathable, especially in Texas. Can hunt teal season and layer for Canada. But almost all my hunting is walk in too, I don't like to sweat like crazy walking in and out.

I'm probably going to go with the Sitka Zip this off season. That zipper is worth a lot, especially for someone like me who drinks and pees a lot while hunting.
And that lifetime warranty is nice. You can temp fix it with what they send with the waders, then send in at the end of the year for a permanent fix.

There are stores right now that have the sitka waders on sale, and that very rarely happens, it's an end of the year gear dump.
There's also a few sitka buy/sell/trade pages on facebook where a person can find deals.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Waders........ [Re: KWood_TSU] #7726435 01/23/20 05:33 PM
N
noname124398 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
I would go breathable, especially in Texas. Can hunt teal season and layer for Canada. But almost all my hunting is walk in too, I don't like to sweat like crazy walking in and out.

I'm probably going to go with the Sitka Zip this off season. That zipper is worth a lot, especially for someone like me who drinks and pees a lot while hunting.
And that lifetime warranty is nice. You can temp fix it with what they send with the waders, then send in at the end of the year for a permanent fix.

There are stores right now that have the sitka waders on sale, and that very rarely happens, it's an end of the year gear dump.
There's also a few sitka buy/sell/trade pages on facebook where a person can find deals.

Link to sitka waders on sale? Got a buddy that is looking for some. I saw rogers had em on sale but they were out of all the normal sizes by the time he got on and looked.

Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7726440 01/23/20 05:36 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Rogers was the place I knew of. Those waders go like hot cakes when they go on sale. Waders are the only thing no one gets a discount on, so even pro staff has to pay full price for them.
Maybe midway usa had some on sale?

Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7726444 01/23/20 05:40 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

Re: Waders........ [Re: KWood_TSU] #7726449 01/23/20 05:43 PM
N
noname124398 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N

All sold out... Figured. Oh well his fault, i told him about em and said you better jump on it if you want em. He pondered for too long and then regretted it. Ya snooze ya lose.

Re: Waders........ [Re: KWood_TSU] #7726450 01/23/20 05:44 PM
N
noname124398 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
Rogers was the place I knew of. Those waders go like hot cakes when they go on sale. Waders are the only thing no one gets a discount on, so even pro staff has to pay full price for them.
Maybe midway usa had some on sale?

MidwayUSA has all the other sitka stuff but not waders.

Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7726482 01/23/20 06:21 PM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I've got cabelas 5mm neoprene boot waders for cold hunts and hunts I dont have to walk more than a mile or so. I've got some simms g3 stocking foot for early teal and warm weather hunts and hunts I have to walk over a mile

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7726491 01/23/20 06:34 PM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I just bought some Frogg Toggs breathable with the zip out insulated liner. I absolutely love the features and the fit of these vs. the Rogers I had before. It is the Refuge 2.0. Give them a look.

Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7726531 01/23/20 07:17 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I’ve used gator wader insulated breathables for 2.5 seasons and I haven’t had any issues. Most comfortable boot and waders overall I’ve used. Come with hand muff, magnetic locking pocket, shell holders and a waterproof phone pocket.

They usually have clearance sales once or twice a year.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7726938 01/24/20 02:01 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I buy 2 cheap cabella waders every 3 years or so, and rotate em after each hunt to dry em.
They still get a lot of use, prolly 20 hunts each pair per season.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Waders........ [Re: KWood_TSU] #7727014 01/24/20 03:20 AM
T
txlenchs Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
For as much effort we put into duck hunting, y'all need to look a little harder....like past page 1 of google search. Try....

..... Bob Wards cheers

Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7727040 01/24/20 03:52 AM
F
foodieguy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
ive seen sitka waders on camofire, not sure what models though, they frequently have sitka gear on sale there

Adult late onset hunter. Why did I wait so long to get started?
Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7727108 01/24/20 10:16 AM
J
john paul Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
After having worn the Sitka waders for 2 seasons I can tell you they are worth the price. If you spend 50+ days a year in waders it is a no brainer to go with Sitka. Tougher than nails and the comfort is far beyond any other pair of waders I’ve ever used.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by garrett
I'm with GK because I like salty old dudes.
Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7727356 01/24/20 03:45 PM
S
Sinkey Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
Ive been doing some research on this and made some calls to some buddys at Macks and Rogers. So......Sitka and Banded Black Label have to lowest returns after bought. At barely 1%. Some of the other brands have a 50 to 75% return rate!!!!!

Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7727410 01/24/20 04:30 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Ive been doing some research on this and made some calls to some buddys at Macks and Rogers. So......Sitka and Banded Black Label have to lowest returns after bought. At barely 1%. Some of the other brands have a 50 to 75% return rate!!!!!

Sitka proably has a low return rate because if people have a problem with them they go directly through sitka. I'm on a few facebook pages and they definitely leak like any other waders, it's just something that comes with the territory of the thin breathable waders.
But Sitka uses a Lacrosse boot that runs $250 and they are the only company that can fix the wader/boot seam leak if it happens.

And i dont know about banded, they get an extremely bad rap, and I can't say that they're that bad or it's a bandwagon thing and people like to hate on them.

I have a pair of the uninsulated shield gator waders, and I slightly messed up by not getting a tall version, I need like a 2" longer inseam.
I'll say they're comfortable, but I wish they had less material. I don't need a stout version, and it seems these are made kind of big.
I like the shield series though, we do some busting through briars, and I really like that outer layer of protection.

The cons to the gator wader is, the hand warmer pocket is too low, it fills with water easy and becomes useless.
It has a nice magnetic pocket, but that's it. No other waterproof pocket or anything.
I don't like that it doesn't make an x cross in the back. I absolutely hate shoulder straps sliding down, and these are pretty bad about sliding imo.

Re: Waders........ [Re: KWood_TSU] #7727420 01/24/20 04:38 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Sitka proably has a low return rate because if people have a problem with them they go directly through sitka. I'm on a few facebook pages and they definitely leak like any other waders, it's just something that comes with the territory of the thin breathable waders.
But Sitka uses a Lacrosse boot that runs $250 and they are the only company that can fix the wader/boot seam leak if it happens.

And i dont know about banded, they get an extremely bad rap, and I can't say that they're that bad or it's a bandwagon thing and people like to hate on them.

I have a pair of the uninsulated shield gator waders, and I slightly messed up by not getting a tall version, I need like a 2" longer inseam.
I'll say they're comfortable, but I wish they had less material. I don't need a stout version, and it seems these are made kind of big.
I like the shield series though, we do some busting through briars, and I really like that outer layer of protection.

The cons to the gator wader is, the hand warmer pocket is too low, it fills with water easy and becomes useless.
It has a nice magnetic pocket, but that's it. No other waterproof pocket or anything.
I don't like that it doesn't make an x cross in the back. I absolutely hate shoulder straps sliding down, and these are pretty bad about sliding imo.

The hand muff is too low, but I try not to get that deep anyway. I like the space in the waders because I will never have to worry about my coat being too big. Mine came with a waterproof phone case on the inside of the waders, but I cut it out because it was annoying me.

The straps can be annoying and do slide quite a bit, but I like the elasticity of them. I haven’t used them on a long slug through water or marsh, which I can see being an issue while carrying gear.

I think they’re comfortable, though, especially the boots.

I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7727429 01/24/20 04:43 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
I usually try not to get that deep either, but the hole we hunted last week I had water come over the sides of my waders, it just happens sometimes.

I wish mine had that pocket, must of been a new upgrade. Sometimes it's nice to have the phone handy in case you want to take a pic.

Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7727437 01/24/20 04:50 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
I buy Magellan from academy, take em back every year and leave the store with a new pair. Only money spent is when I want to upgrade.

Re: Waders........ [Re: KWood_TSU] #7727461 01/24/20 05:08 PM
S
Sinkey Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S

They send them back thru the manufacturer warranty. They are not returns. The Drakes he said has too many moving part and connected seams. And the Velcro lining is not staying in on most of them. As far as Banded goes. Its the 2.0's thats having the major problems.

Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7727510 01/24/20 05:56 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
No way im spending $1000 for sitka, i can buy 6 cabella waders for that and be set for 18 seasons

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Waders........ [Re: beaversnipe] #7727561 01/24/20 07:25 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
No way im spending $1000 for sitka, i can buy 6 cabella waders for that and be set for 18 seasons

But being able to unzip and pee is dang near priceless.
And they use an exceptional boot, with lifetime warranty.

I'm not saying it's a no brainer, but I think it's worth it.
It's def not worth it if you only hunt 3 or 4 tonnes a year though.

Re: Waders........ [Re: beaversnipe] #7727579 01/24/20 07:51 PM
S
Sinkey Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
Originally Posted by beaversnipe

Man, I keep saying the same thing! I can buy 2 pair of Black Labels for 1 Sitka.

Re: Waders........ [Re: Sinkey] #7727587 01/24/20 08:09 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
If I had Sinkey money I'd have a pair of Sitka for each day of the week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide