Print Thread
2020 Lampasas family lease available #7703009 12/31/19 04:17 PM
N
noose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
N
I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering leasing my place in Lampasas as I won't have any real time for at least the next year or two to spend out there. The property is about 8 miles north of downtown Lampasas and is 65 acres. While this isn't a huge place, it is surrounded by much larger properties and there is little to no hunting pressure on surrounding, much larger properties. There are plenty of animals roaming. If you are seriously interested, please PM me and we can talk offline. I am not interested in any lessees that won't treat the land and animals with the utmost respect.

If you are here just to post something negative, I ask you to please move on to another thread if you don't like the price, location, amenities, rules, etc. I know I'm posting this in vain, but please, take the high road.

Here are the basics: PM me for more details if you are serious.

Annual lease that starts in the next week or two and lasts through the end of the season next year (through extended). I won't be able to get something done in time to use it for what's left of this whitetail season so factor that into your decision making.
Unlimited access through the year but note I do come frequently to fill my feeders and work on the property as I'm only about 40 minutes away. I'll make sure my activities don't spook animals or disrupt hunting.
All animals are fair game subject to the rules of Lampasas county - i.e. turkey, dove, whitetail, hog, etc.
Property is 65 acres and is completely undeveloped. No water, No electricity, No septic. It has not been hunted in any way for many years. There is access from the road where a small camper/travel trailer could be parked but you'll need generator/propane and will be limited to the water in your holding tanks.
Property has a tank with water year round barring extreme drought. It hasn't been completely dry for the last 10 years but is far from full given the current lack of rain in the area.
Family only lease. Period. Father/son, husband/wife/immediate kids (4 total people max that are "Hunters").
Lampasas whitetail rules are in effect for the lease for ONE person for the property. That means a total of 5 whitetail can be taken, in total, from the property each year. Same for other species during their seasons. There will be NO exceptions to this rule. You can go to the TPWD website and look up rules by county if you have any questions.
Lease price will be $5K for the whole family regardless of number of guns (up to four but limited to one license's worth of tags and again, only family)

There are significant numbers of whitetail and I have seen some hogs but they aren't regular. I have my feeders going off so that the deer eat up the corn by sundown. There's rarely a single kernel left after 6PM so the hogs aren't coming very often. Another feeder near the tank, adjusted to feed in the middle of the night, will very likely yield regular hogs.

Last edited by TreeBass; 01/07/20 10:06 PM. Reason: Changed title
Re: Lease in Lampasas [Re: noose] #7703225 12/31/19 06:47 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Noose, looks like a good proposal with the immediate family setup shooting up to one licensee allotment for the county; the feeders that you will be filling time-time, are those for the benefit of the leasees or are you wanting to hunt it too? Just a clarification thing. Thanks

Re: Lease in Lampasas [Re: DQ Kid] #7703319 12/31/19 08:21 PM
N
noose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
N
DQ - Thanks for the question. I like to watch the wildlife. I keep the feeders running year-round with cellular cameras around the property so I can see what is on the property and to keep the deer coming. As far as the newborns are concerned, corn has always been there and always will be, lol. I do not personally hunt whitetail regularly and this land hasn't had any animals of any kind taken in quite a few years. I won't be competing with the lessee for whitetail. If I lease it, it's the lessee's. Lampasas allows for 5 total. One buck 13" min spread, one unbranched spike, and three does.

I would probably want to try to take out a hog 3 or so times a year. I just don't have the time right now to spend overnights which is what it takes for the hogs as they rarely come during the day. When there's food on the ground regularly at night, they tend to come almost every night but I still get patches where they won't and patches where they come multiple times in the same evening. I'll make sure to reach out to the lessee and make sure our paths don't cross for a hog overnighter if I decide I want to give it a go.

I will keep the feeders full all year assuming I don't have to go out of town and they run dry while I'm out. I'm not sure it's going to be enough for the lessee during prime hunting but my current feed rate seems to keep them coming all day long and very minimally at night. I run 3 times/day at 7:30AM, Noon, and 4:00PM. I run the spinner for 6 seconds on each feed which, according to Judge Feeders, throws about 1/2 lb of corn set on high for each full second running so about 9 lbs. per day. I have two judge feeders but I brought one back to my property in the Liberty Hill area since we live there and like to watch deer at home as well. I may or may not bring it back to Lampasas and use strictly for night feeding so I can try to get hogs regularly.

Last edited by noose; 12/31/19 08:26 PM.
Re: Lease in Lampasas [Re: noose] #7703353 12/31/19 09:05 PM
N
noose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
N
I know the golden rule... Never trust game camera pics, lol. Here's a few of recents. Christmas morning I had 5 bucks on the feeder at once. Also one of the recent hog visits. A couple here are just comic relief.

Oh No, You Dint!
[Linked Image]

Mixed Group
[Linked Image]

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to. (there are 10 in here. Let's play, "where's waldoe"
[Linked Image]

8 Point Hovercraft
[Linked Image]

I like my bacon crispy
[Linked Image]

Santa's Reindeer taking a break Christmas morning at my feeder.
[Linked Image]

Re: Lease in Lampasas [Re: noose] #7708633 01/05/20 06:30 PM
N
noose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
N
This is still up. I had two interested parties but noone has followed through.

Re: Lease in Lampasas [Re: noose] #7710271 01/07/20 12:03 PM
S
scarecrowboat Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
sent you a pm

Re: Lease in Lampasas [Re: noose] #7722237 01/19/20 03:17 PM
N
noose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
N
Lots of tire kickers but no takers. Noone has come to physically look at the property. I'll be there 1/25/2020 setting up another 500lb judge feeder to try to get the hogs to be more regular. Goal is to have them come nightly, every night. I'll be baiting with rotten corn, rotten fruit, something, so they come and get used to the idea that there's food there every night. Attached another pic. It was a party and noone invited me. Mr Big Buck is peeking from behind the feeder. Is this his harem? There are 17 or 18 in the image. There are others out of the field of view since this game cam takes pictures every 30 seconds and they stepped out of the frame. There are three or four in huge oak on the left. You can only make out one, possibly two.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by noose; 01/19/20 03:19 PM.
Re: Lease in Lampasas [Re: noose] #7722291 01/19/20 04:13 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Perhaps the price is too high? frown

Re: Lease in Lampasas [Re: noose] #7724427 01/21/20 07:19 PM
T
tricky Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
nice place

Last edited by tricky; 01/21/20 07:30 PM.
Re: Lease in Lampasas [Re: tricky] #7725618 01/22/20 09:14 PM
N
noose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
N
Originally Posted by tricky
nice place

Thanks! I love it out there but I'm so busy renovating my 5 acre place in Liberty Hill that I just don't have time to spend out there. I've laid out a 6x8 blind on my CAD software and will start construction of that in my barn here and eventually get it up there. I don't hun't unless I have a comfortable space, lol. I like to lay back, relax, and read a book and let the motion sensors tell me when something is nearby. My NV scope has a motion sensor that will buzz my phone so I can take a nap. smile

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide