Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Electric bike recommendation [Re: Texas buckeye] #7878046 06/22/20 11:19 PM
D
Dan S. Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
I just got the Rambo Nomad 750. At 83 Turkey hunting in the rough country I hunt I decided after the season there has to be a better way for us mature gentlemen. This is the second rated hunting ebike by the pro's. It has 11 gears which is great for me because some of the country I hunt is pretty steep. Trying it out it seems it will climb a tree if I can stay on it. Rambo customer support is fantastic as they really help this old boy. I got the open box Nomad for 2699 and free shipping. I'm in the process of taming it now.

Re: Electric bike recommendation [Re: Dalroo] #7878164 06/23/20 12:46 AM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Dalroo
I've been contemplating buying an ebike for same reason - quietly getting to blind and not having to rely on SxS. Finally pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered a fat tire bike from Lectric - https://lectricebikes.com/ - just under a grand delivered. Claims to be a 20 mph bike stock, and can be programmed to run up to 28 mph. I think 20 is plenty fast for my use. Also claims 25 mile + duration on a full charge. I very much like that it can be folder down for easy transport.

I won't receive until mid-July, but will post up reviews once I've had a chance to test.

That's a lot of bang for the buck.

Re: Electric bike recommendation [Re: aerangis] #7878229 06/23/20 01:42 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by aerangis
I've been contemplating buying an ebike for same reason - quietly getting to blind and not having to rely on SxS. Finally pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered a fat tire bike from Lectric - https://lectricebikes.com/ - just under a grand delivered. Claims to be a 20 mph bike stock, and can be programmed to run up to 28 mph. I think 20 is plenty fast for my use. Also claims 25 mile + duration on a full charge. I very much like that it can be folder down for easy transport.

I won't receive until mid-July, but will post up reviews once I've had a chance to test.

That is one of the best prices I have seen for a fully assembled E bike. For me 20 is more than fast enough on a bike on ranch/lease roads.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Electric bike recommendation [Re: dogcatcher] #7944902 08/21/20 03:38 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by aerangis

That is one of the best prices I have seen for a fully assembled E bike. For me 20 is more than fast enough on a bike on ranch/lease roads.

Alright - quick update on the Lectric bike -

- Received tracking notices once it shipped (free shipping BTW) in mid-July and it arrived 2 days later as promised.
- Packing was outstanding and it took a bit to get it unpacked, but all that was needed was airing up tires a bit and installing the battery once fully charged.
- Rides nice and very adjustable for ride height, etc. Came with paniers which I did not expect - handy for running to grocery store, etc. Exceptional build, fit and finish.
- I almost immediately bumped up the max speed to 28 mph, and on flat ground, even with my size (6' x 220 lbs), it will get close to that, and meets it on any bit of downhill. Will go up slight inclines at around 17 mph
- Claims 25+ miles on a full charge - maybe, but not with my size and the way I ride - full throttle around the neighborhood. I haven't maxed it out on distance yet, but guessing will be just shy of 20 miles from full. Could extend a bit by slowing down and pedaling more maybe, but who wants to do that?
- I rode it quite a bit the first week I had it, then the HEAT set in, so just getting back out on it, but bottom-line, for the price, I think it is well worth the investment. My next test will be to take it out to the ranch and see how it holds up off-road. Fat tires that are supposed to be thorn resistant, but we"ll see - mesquite thorns are a bit different.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Electric bike recommendation [Re: Texas buckeye] #7944975 08/21/20 04:47 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Thanks for the review.

[Linked Image]
Re: Electric bike recommendation [Re: dogcatcher] #7944996 08/21/20 05:05 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Please keep us posted

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Electric bike recommendation [Re: Texas buckeye] #7945155 08/21/20 07:24 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Dalroo, thanks for the update. Keep us posted how this bike does on the ranch roads, off road, and how it hands hills and such.

Also, can the battery be charged while connected to bike or does it need to come off to charge?

Re: Electric bike recommendation [Re: Texas buckeye] #7945220 08/21/20 08:35 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
It says on the website it is 500 watts, does it specify the voltage anywhere?

[Linked Image]
Re: Electric bike recommendation [Re: Texas buckeye] #7945615 08/22/20 02:41 AM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Dalroo, thanks for the update. Keep us posted how this bike does on the ranch roads, off road, and how it hands hills and such.

Also, can the battery be charged while connected to bike or does it need to come off to charge?

[quote=Texas buckeye]

Will update once I’ve ranched it ... and yes, the bike can be charged without removing the battery. There is a charge port connection on the frame. Very easy.

Not sure on voltage - will take a look.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide