Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: 68A] #7723662 01/20/20 09:23 PM
68A Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Hunting. Until it was decided to get a closer look at the area I was in.

Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: Lalo] #7723751 01/20/20 10:52 PM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
X2, its public land. Gotta take the good with the bad. It is what it is. If you dont like it move to private land or a state that offers a better option for public land folks bc we all know texas is one of the worst public land states out there for the common hunter.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: 68A] #7723769 01/20/20 11:16 PM
Z
zbot11 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Z
Originally Posted by 68A
He knew exactly where I was, he came in about 615 and I put a light on him when he was headed my direction, he acknowledged. He set up about 500 yds away. No problem. He packed up at 845 and headed towards me. Problem.

Yeah, that's bad then. No reason for that. If he wants to scout your spot, all he has to do is listen to your shots.

Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: 68A] #7723970 01/21/20 03:49 AM
T
tophorsecop Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
T
Need to be careful..."roaring around the lake" and "rallying birds"...purposely... will get Mr Green Jeans attention...

"Guns don't kill people, Guns kill dinner!"
Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: tophorsecop] #7724174 01/21/20 02:51 PM
L
Lalo Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Originally Posted by tophorsecop
Need to be careful..."roaring around the lake" and "rallying birds"...purposely... will get Mr Green Jeans attention...

I won't speak for Garrett, but I think the situation I am describing, and the situation the original poster is describing, are situations where I could not imagine a warden ever giving me a ticket. Maybe you don't understand.
I am a guy quietly hunkered down over my decoys, hunting.
Other people -- people in no way affiliated with me -- give up hunting early, and either decide to scout or just go home. Maybe it is a big lake, and there are birds that have rafted in the middle of the lake. In the natural process of those guys going home, or going scouting, they have turned on their mud motor or their outboard, which, let's face it, roars, and in the process of driving around the lake they might cause those rafted birds to fly. Fishermen or sightseers or water-skiers (teal season) could do the same thing. Those birds then circle and fly a half mile, looking for another place to land, and decide on my decoys as a good place.
I simply can't imagine a warden giving me a ticket for that.
Now, if those guys give up hunting and THEY roar across the lake with their guns still loaded and THEY shoot at rafted birds as they flush, that is an obvious violation of the law.

Last edited by Lalo; 01/21/20 02:54 PM.
Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: 68A] #7724209 01/21/20 03:38 PM
R
RiverRunner Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted by 68A
He knew exactly where I was, he came in about 615 and I put a light on him when he was headed my direction, he acknowledged. He set up about 500 yds away. No problem. He packed up at 845 and headed towards me. Problem.

Maybe he was checking to see if you were done and gone so he could jump in the spot to finish up. who knows? I tend to give benefit of the doubt and/or just know that it's public and its going to happen. I've had that happen numerous times when i beat someone to a good hole and we shot out quickly. this has been especially true in flooded timber.

I remember when i first started fishing around Rockport a lot, drifting flats, that I would get upset when someone ran through my drift line. After awhile, I realized it was public water and let it go. My enjoyment increased immensely and we still caught our fish.

Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: Lalo] #7724214 01/21/20 03:43 PM
garrett Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Lalo
Originally Posted by tophorsecop

I won't speak for Garrett, but I think the situation I am describing, and the situation the original poster is describing, are situations where I could not imagine a warden ever giving me a ticket. Maybe you don't understand.
I am a guy quietly hunkered down over my decoys, hunting.
Other people -- people in no way affiliated with me -- give up hunting early, and either decide to scout or just go home. Maybe it is a big lake, and there are birds that have rafted in the middle of the lake. In the natural process of those guys going home, or going scouting, they have turned on their mud motor or their outboard, which, let's face it, roars, and in the process of driving around the lake they might cause those rafted birds to fly. Fishermen or sightseers or water-skiers (teal season) could do the same thing. Those birds then circle and fly a half mile, looking for another place to land, and decide on my decoys as a good place.
I simply can't imagine a warden giving me a ticket for that.
Now, if those guys give up hunting and THEY roar across the lake with their guns still loaded and THEY shoot at rafted birds as they flush, that is an obvious violation of the law.

ole tophorse took a comment out of context it appears
up

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: 68A] #7724369 01/21/20 06:11 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
You guys will argue and complain about anything.

I would like to send a big shout out to the two boats that left the lake at 9:30 this morning as I only need one greenhead to finish up my limit, as I watch them driving across the lake a greenhead landed in my decoys, I looked over, he looked at me, jumped up, got about ten feet in the air but unfortunately for him, he met his maker, my hunt was over.
Thanks again.

Here's another topic for discussion, as I am at the gas station gassing up the truck some dude walks between my truck and boat stepping over my trailer instead of walking around, what do you guys think about that, was he wrong?

Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: mohunter] #7724387 01/21/20 06:26 PM
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by mohunter
Here's another topic for discussion, as I am at the gas station gassing up the truck some dude walks between my truck and boat stepping over my trailer instead of walking around, what do you guys think about that, was he wrong?

That depends... was he on the way in or out the store?

I thought this thread was gonna be about water swattin', or having a Shiner before/during a hunt.

Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: mohunter] #7724412 01/21/20 06:59 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

I would like to send a big shout out to the two boats that left the lake at 9:30 this morning as I only need one greenhead to finish up my limit, as I watch them driving across the lake a greenhead landed in my decoys, I looked over, he looked at me, jumped up, got about ten feet in the air but unfortunately for him, he met his maker, my hunt was over.
Thanks again.

Depends on the situation, but it might make me a little uneasy. Tight space, probably gear in the bed of the truck or boat. My spidy sense would be on high alert for a few seconds. I personally wouldn’t do that to someone I didn’t know. I don’t touch other people’s vehicles or even try to get too close to them.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: mohunter] #7724472 01/21/20 08:03 PM
T
tdogg Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T

Thanks again.

So you finished with 3 ringers 2 spoons and a green head?

Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7724487 01/21/20 08:24 PM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Thanks again.

Depends on the situation, but it might make me a little uneasy. Tight space, probably gear in the bed of the truck or boat. My spidy sense would be on high alert for a few seconds. I personally wouldn’t do that to someone I didn’t know. I don’t touch other people’s vehicles or even try to get too close to them.

Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: mohunter] #7724535 01/21/20 09:29 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Thanks again.

Depends on how big a boy he was

Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: ducknbass] #7725207 01/22/20 03:33 PM
M
Mapman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Let it go. If this upsets you, do not drive
in Houston traffic.

Last edited by Mapman; 01/22/20 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: 68A] #7725262 01/22/20 04:08 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Like sands thru the hour glass...."THESE ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES"

Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: Mapman] #7725266 01/22/20 04:10 PM
Z
zbot11 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Z
Originally Posted by Mapman
Let it go. If this upsets you, do not drive
in Houston traffic.

Yeah well I'm upset that you mentioned Houston traffic and not Dallas. What, you don't think we have cars here?

Re: There’s a time for everything [Re: zbot11] #7726581 01/23/20 08:21 PM
M
Mapman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Sorry zbott11, I live in Houston. I am sure Dallas is just as bad.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide