Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' #7717014 01/14/20 02:09 AM
Tbar Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Monday, January 13, 2020

'The law is the law': Virginia Democrats float prosecution and National Guard deployment if police don't enforce gun control

Democratic lawmakers on Capitol Hill say local police who do not enforce gun control measures likely to pass in Virginia should face prosecution and even threats of the National Guard.

After November's Virginia Legislature elections that led to Democrats taking control of both chambers, the gun control legislation proposed by some Democrats moved forward, including universal background checks, an “assault weapons” ban, and a red flag law.

Legal firearm owners in the state, however, joined with their sheriffs to form Second Amendment sanctuary counties, which declare the authorities in these municipalities uphold the Second Amendment in the face of any gun control measure passed by Richmond.

Over 75 counties in Virginia have so far adopted such Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions in the commonwealth, the latest being Spotsylvania County. The board of supervisors voted unanimously to approve a resolution declaring that county police will not enforce state-level gun laws that violate Second Amendment rights.

Virginia Democratic officials, however, already say local law enforcement supporting these resolutions will face consequences if they do not carry out any law the state Legislature passes.

“I would hope they either resign in good conscience, because they cannot uphold the law which they are sworn to uphold, or they're prosecuted for failure to fulfill their oath,” Democratic Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly told the Washington Examiner of local county police who may refuse to enforce future gun control measures. “The law is the law. If that becomes the law, you don't have a choice, not if you're a sworn officer of the law.”

Democratic Virginia Rep. Donald McEachin suggested cutting off state funds to counties that do not comply with any gun control measures that pass in Richmond.

“They certainly risk funding, because if the sheriff's department is not going to enforce the law, they're going to lose money. The counties' attorneys offices are not going to have the money to prosecute because their prosecutions are going to go down,” he said.............

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...yment-if-police-dont-enforce-gun-control

Make America Great Again

Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: Tbar] #7717035 01/14/20 02:20 AM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
The very definition of tyranny.

Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: Tbar] #7717160 01/14/20 03:35 AM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Funny how Democrats claim “the law is the law” all the while claiming sanctuary cities can’t be prosecuted and state drug laws that directly defy federal law are legal. I’m truly in awe the amount of hypocrisy these morons conjure up on a daily basis. If there is no repercussion when the left ignores the law then there will be none when the shoe is on the other foot.

Last edited by krmitchell; 01/14/20 03:36 AM.
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: Tbar] #7717351 01/14/20 12:58 PM
R
rogerh Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
It's a shame these idiots think doing this will keep guns out of the hands of the bad guys. What will they do if the National Guard declines
to uphold their state law as well.

Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: rogerh] #7717380 01/14/20 01:26 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F

Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: rogerh] #7717421 01/14/20 02:00 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by rogerh
It's a shame these idiots think doing this will keep guns out of the hands of the bad guys. What will they do if the National Guard declines
to uphold their state law as well.
For them It will , because they consider you and me the "bad guys"............

[Linked Image]
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: krmitchell] #7717425 01/14/20 02:01 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by krmitchell
Funny how Democrats claim “the law is the law” all the while claiming sanctuary cities can’t be prosecuted and state drug laws that directly defy federal law are legal. I’m truly in awe the amount of hypocrisy these morons conjure up on a daily basis. If there is no repercussion when the left ignores the law then there will be none when the shoe is on the other foot.

If the constitution didnt protect them also they would of trashed it long ago

[Linked Image]
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: krmitchell] #7717539 01/14/20 03:19 PM
Tbar Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity

up

Make America Great Again

Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: Tbar] #7718042 01/14/20 11:30 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
This is just the beginning boys. Just the beginning. Someone stated on here a while back that before long you will have to decide whether you are truly going to be disarmed or not. Period. Then go with what that entails.

Proverbs 2
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: krmitchell] #7721514 01/18/20 02:00 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Spot on

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: Tbar] #7723776 01/20/20 11:25 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
So sanctuary cities are acceptable when it pertains to ILLEGAL aliens but sanctuary cities are illegal when it pertains to holding up LEGAL constitutional rights?
Friggin' idjits, every damn one of them. Time for them to go!

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #7725558 01/22/20 08:11 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

Spot on

^^Yes it is.

And I will add. Someone tell these idiots the Bill of Rights is the Bill of Rights, and they are infringing upon them.

"...will support and defend the Constitution of The United States of America against all enemies, both foreign and domestic."

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: J.G.] #7725562 01/22/20 08:15 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

Spot on

^^Yes it is.

And I will add. Someone tell these idiots the Bill of Rights is the Bill of Rights, and they are infringing upon them.

"...will support and defend the Constitution of The United States of America against all enemies, both foreign and domestic."
These people have always told us where they stood on America, remember jane fonda? Nothing new. A lot of these folks on the left secretly side with communist and are communist that have been taught that America is the problem.

[Linked Image]
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: Tbar] #7726372 01/23/20 04:46 PM
JimBridger Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
The Constitution is the law by which all other laws are judged. The Demonrats routinely violate the Constitution and should be held accountable for their disregard of the supreme law of the land.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: Tbar] #7726670 01/23/20 09:57 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Last edited by Tin Head; 01/23/20 09:58 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: Tin Head] #7726736 01/23/20 10:47 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Did a lot of good rallying and being non violent............open season. Container trucks and carbon monoxide. The next vote will go the right way.

Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: Tbar] #7731723 01/29/20 04:05 AM
DeckArtist Online Happy
Pro Tracker
Online Happy
Pro Tracker
This is the testing ground for the big push to disarm. None of this should have been allowed to get this far, those who have been working so hard to eliminate our rights should have been removed from office and charged with treason years ago before it got to this point. I am 63 now and I'd bet I will get to see the push in it's peak time. BTW...they are not doing this for any reason other than installing the system everyone in the military has ever sworn to defend our country against. While I was never in the service, I plan on standing ground against that system.

www.hannawoodworks.com
Deck, Pergolas, Patio Covers, Sawmill Services & more...
214-435-9574
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: DeckArtist] #7731932 01/29/20 02:52 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by DeckArtist
This is the testing ground for the big push to disarm. None of this should have been allowed to get this far, those who have been working so hard to eliminate our rights should have been removed from office and charged with treason years ago before it got to this point. I am 63 now and I'd bet I will get to see the push in it's peak time. BTW...they are not doing this for any reason other than installing the system everyone in the military has ever sworn to defend our country against. While I was never in the service, I plan on standing ground against that system.

although you are correct , the politicians have been stealing the elections from us for years. They rig the machines and the big ones that give us the illusion of choice have been on t he same team. They have been protecting themselves from folks that go after them for treason. I would think its safe to say thousands of whistle blowers have been killed.

[Linked Image]
Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: Tbar] #7746686 02/15/20 04:33 AM
R
rolyat.nosaj Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
You guys and gals can do something about it. Get out and vote, every single vote counts and our side needs them more than ever.

Re: Virginia Democrats, 'The law is the law' [Re: Tbar] #7772507 03/15/20 01:51 AM
M
MikeU Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Vote, vote vote.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide