Forums46
Topics537,992
Posts9,731,491
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Weirdest sound or thing you have seen in the woods [Re: LFD2037] #7733381 01/30/20 07:02 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by LFD2037
Originally Posted by sleepyhunter
Nothing will wake you up faster then walking to your blind in the dark and suddenly stir up a flock of quail. Never got used to that. scared

Ever heard ~30 turkey take flight all at once? Almost poo'd my pants!

one night I shot a coon up in a big pecan tree along a creek and it got stuck in a Y. I shimmied up the base to the first big limb about 12 feet off the ground and was crawling on up to retrieve my coon ... when WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP all around me, hitting me and air blowing in my face from the flock of turkey that had gone to roost up in that tree. eeks333 ... it took everything I had in me to stay hooked up on that limb until they all left. finally got up to grab the coon but my hunting buddies were still rolling around on the ground laughing at the show they just witnessed.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Weirdest sound or thing you have seen in the woods [Re: TSU99] #7733575 01/30/20 09:56 PM
M
Machintis Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
M
Originally Posted by TSU99
In 2014 I was Elk hunting in a National Forest in Southern Colorado. I making my way back to camp using a fire lane. Something very big and heavy was keeping pace with me just to my left behind me in the tree line. I'd stop, it would take a step or two and stop. Is still remember to this day, I heard no birds or any other usual natural sounds at that time either. Later that night while in bed, I heard what sounded like someone hitting a tree stump with branch. Thump, thump, thump, pause and did it again. I finally went to sleep... in the truck. The next morning, I woke up to mud smeared all over one side of the tent. I've talked to people up there and have heard theories about what it was. Bugged me ever since. My theory... some drunk idiot was messing with me.

Sounds a little like this outfitter experienced in Colorado. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXChs3GCp5s Could be a drunk idiot too. Who knows.

Re: Weirdest sound or thing you have seen in the woods [Re: Machintis] #7733608 01/30/20 10:24 PM
T
TSU99 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by machintis
Originally Posted by TSU99
In 2014 I was Elk hunting in a National Forest in Southern Colorado. I making my way back to camp using a fire lane. Something very big and heavy was keeping pace with me just to my left behind me in the tree line. I'd stop, it would take a step or two and stop. Is still remember to this day, I heard no birds or any other usual natural sounds at that time either. Later that night while in bed, I heard what sounded like someone hitting a tree stump with branch. Thump, thump, thump, pause and did it again. I finally went to sleep... in the truck. The next morning, I woke up to mud smeared all over one side of the tent. I've talked to people up there and have heard theories about what it was. Bugged me ever since. My theory... some drunk idiot was messing with me.

Sounds a little like this outfitter experienced in Colorado. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXChs3GCp5s Could be a drunk idiot too. Who knows.

I can't even imagine what it would have been like if I stayed in the tent. The .300 WM might have started barking, and I'd be deaf now.

Re: Weirdest sound or thing you have seen in the woods [Re: Machintis] #7733998 01/31/20 04:22 AM
J
Jerry Fisk Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Up in Canada after dark and getting off the stand.. I had a bear follow me out to the road about 1. 1/2 mile. On ocassions he sas close enough to smell him. Once I got to the road I had to wait another hour for the guide to pick me up. I built a very small fire. He continued to circle getting very close at times. When he would cross the trail/road I could get a glimpse of him on ocassions.

The Pointy end always goes away from you

www.jerryfisk.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide