Forums46
Topics537,785
Posts9,729,126
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718199 01/15/20 02:02 AM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Butt hurt Buckeyes are never not funny. Trevor Lawrence was good enough to beat their asss, I know that.

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7718208 01/15/20 02:14 AM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
First time all year he faced a legit defense.

I don’t think anyone realizes what this means. But that’s funny.

up

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718254 01/15/20 03:07 AM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
My son told me before the game started that Lawrence could out scramble Burrow but his accuracy was a shotgun pattern at 50 yards.

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718307 01/15/20 03:48 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
You guys are funny. Assuming a question about a guy over throwing passes is me being butt hurt....guess again.

Was a legit question. I am not saying LSU defense isn’t legit, and the receivers might not have been open, but that results in incomplete passes, not announcers stating Lawrence threw 14+ passes thru the third quarter over his receivers heads. Anyone that has played football knows that’s the worst place to throw as they lead to interceptions more commonly than low throws. Also, most of the time when a qb is trying to hard they throw the ball low as they are putting too much pepper on the ball and it sinks. This is a simple football question. I wouldn’t have brought it up if I hadn’t seen the stat that was put on tv about it, as I didn’t watch much of the game.

But whatever, rib me all you want about being butt hurt. I am not.

I just don’t remember any qb in cfb having so many of his passes being noted as over the receivers head in such a big game. Defense or not, that’s a qb with a problem. He had a bad night for sure.

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: fmrmbmlm] #7718310 01/15/20 03:50 AM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by fmrmbmlm
My son told me before the game started that Lawrence could out scramble Burrow but his accuracy was a shotgun pattern at 50 yards.

Interestingly, the one long pass I saw him make was the td pass he made well over 40 yards where the refs called off PI, a questionable call as the defender initiated contact never turned back for the ball, yet the pass was right there. He could make some throws
confused2

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: tigger] #7718313 01/15/20 03:53 AM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by tigger
I believe the question should be why pack 12 officials was so pro sec every close call was in sec favor and stoppage by reply official always pro sec
Fix fix fix

Another real big head scratcher was two of the officials calling the game were downgraded by the PAC in league play and one was suspended for a game for their bad calls in a league game. The head ref was involved in a big scandal 2 years ago in a bowl game he was calling. Why the PAC sent a bunch of at best par officials is weird. The best of the best should get the game, and if that’s the best the PAC has, that’s just pathetic.

And just so everyone knows, I simply googled who was calling the game and this all came up in the google search. I wasn’t looking for any of that info, but it was easily seen.

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718314 01/15/20 03:53 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
You guys are funny. Assuming a question about a guy over throwing passes is me being butt hurt....guess again.

Was a legit question. I am not saying LSU defense isn’t legit, and the receivers might not have been open, but that results in incomplete passes, not announcers stating Lawrence threw 14+ passes thru the third quarter over his receivers heads. Anyone that has played football knows that’s the worst place to throw as they lead to interceptions more commonly than low throws. Also, most of the time when a qb is trying to hard they throw the ball low as they are putting too much pepper on the ball and it sinks. This is a simple football question. I wouldn’t have brought it up if I hadn’t seen the stat that was put on tv about it, as I didn’t watch much of the game.

But whatever, rib me all you want about being butt hurt. I am not.

I just don’t remember any qb in cfb having so many of his passes being noted as over the receivers head in such a big game. Defense or not, that’s a qb with a problem. He had a bad night for sure.

He had a bad night. He didn’t throw the game.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718321 01/15/20 04:00 AM
P
pdr55 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Buckeye, for future reference...LSU would have SLAUGHTERED your Ohio team.
Drops mike...walks away... popcorn

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718329 01/15/20 04:12 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Buckeye. We will get you through this. It’s tough, I know.
We’re here for you.

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718353 01/15/20 05:02 AM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
The tears of unfathomable sadness are salty

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718392 01/15/20 12:12 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
I promise this is not a bitter post, I haven’t commented much on football threads since my buckeyes were eliminated,
but
has anyone asked Trevor Lawrence how much he was promised to throw (literally) the game last night?

The boy could not complete a pass and it wasn’t because he was under that much duress...seriously, was he promised next years Heisman or something?

Has it come out he was hurt or something? When I turned it on in the late third, the stat was he had overthrown his receivers 14 times at that point in the game. Normally that means a lack of follow thru, not trying too hard, which normally results in dirting the ball. Either he was hurt, or he was offered something. Kids got too much talent to be that bad.

Wow I was not going to say anything at first, but this statement is so ridiculous that it is absurd hammer

Think about it, if this were true how much would Trevor get paid?? Whatever that $$ number is it would be minuscule to what he would lose in future earnings such as his free College Education, NFL pay and endorsements, big money corporate job opportunities etc.

Oh by the way I believe that is highly illegal so there is the chance of him going to jail or the big house!

Last edited by Stub; 01/15/20 12:20 PM.

texas flag

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718395 01/15/20 12:19 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I believe the question should be why pack 12 officials was so pro sec every close call was in sec favor and stoppage by reply official always pro sec
Fix fix fix

Another real big head scratcher was two of the officials calling the game were downgraded by the PAC in league play and one was suspended for a game for their bad calls in a league game. The head ref was involved in a big scandal 2 years ago in a bowl game he was calling. Why the PAC sent a bunch of at best par officials is weird. The best of the best should get the game, and if that’s the best the PAC has, that’s just pathetic.

And just so everyone knows, I simply googled who was calling the game and this all came up in the google search. I wasn’t looking for any of that info, but it was easily seen.

No different than a Big10 official that was living in Ohio that was banned and somehow ended up officiating the osu UM game along with a couple of his buddies, one an osu grad... Stuff happens, get over it.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718408 01/15/20 12:52 PM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Buckeye is a little right but Trevor didn’t throw the game. It was our friends from another planet the aliens. They are LSU fans and made the football sail a little high. Yes ET loves LSU

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Stub] #7718475 01/15/20 02:25 PM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Stub
I promise this is not a bitter post, I haven’t commented much on football threads since my buckeyes were eliminated,
but
has anyone asked Trevor Lawrence how much he was promised to throw (literally) the game last night?

The boy could not complete a pass and it wasn’t because he was under that much duress...seriously, was he promised next years Heisman or something?

Has it come out he was hurt or something? When I turned it on in the late third, the stat was he had overthrown his receivers 14 times at that point in the game. Normally that means a lack of follow thru, not trying too hard, which normally results in dirting the ball. Either he was hurt, or he was offered something. Kids got too much talent to be that bad.

Wow I was not going to say anything at first, but this statement is so ridiculous that it is absurd hammer

Think about it, if this were true how much would Trevor get paid?? Whatever that $$ number is it would be minuscule to what he would lose in future earnings such as his free College Education, NFL pay and endorsements, big money corporate job opportunities etc.

Oh by the way I believe that is highly illegal so there is the chance of him going to jail or the big house!

You guys don’t understand tongue in cheek speech? The first part was setting up the last part....did it come out he was hurt or something. Of course I don’t think he was paid or promised anything, but he played a terrible game, that we know.

I understand he was playing a good defense, but a good defense doesn’t make the qb throw the ball over the receivers head as many as many times as he did, that was solely on Trevor.

Some of you need to not take everything written so seriously and realize there is something called sarcasm and humor every once in a while. That’s why I started the post with “this isn’t a bitter post”

I guess I should have started it by saying “this isn’t a serious post, but let’s talk a little about football”

Seriously people!!

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718511 01/15/20 03:13 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
He's been inconsistent the whole year, nearly got them beat by UNC and struggled with A&M. Honestly it seems like a pressure thing, which you better hope is due to youth, otherwise he's going to be a huge bust in the NFL.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718515 01/15/20 03:16 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Well this will have to be his best year it being his junior and more than likely final year to showcase him self.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7718516 01/15/20 03:17 PM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
He's been inconsistent the whole year, nearly got them beat by UNC and struggled with A&M. Honestly it seems like a pressure thing, which you better hope is due to youth, otherwise he's going to be a huge bust in the NFL.

He is inconsistent for sure, just was playing pretty well for the last 8 games up until this game.
Truth be told, if he were draft eligible he would be a top 5 pick. Not saying he pans out as a good pick, but his upside makes him a good draft pick

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718557 01/15/20 04:08 PM
P
pdr55 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

He is inconsistent for sure, just was playing pretty well for the last 8 games up until this game.
Truth be told, if he were draft eligible he would be a top 5 pick. Not saying he pans out as a good pick, but his upside makes him a good draft pick

He played the same game as his Clemson mentor Deshaun Watson did this weekend.
Roll up a couple TD’s, play perfect football until some resistance is felt and then just lay down. confused2

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718588 01/15/20 04:27 PM
M
MO Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
I was for LSU all the way , but The Clemson defense opened the game with a great
scheme . LSU adjusted , then Clemson had nothing else. The defense seemed gassed in the 2 nd half , the pass rushers were not effective.
they seemed to give up after the targeting call
MO

MY BACKYARD , 20,000 ACRES , NO MOWING smile

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: MO] #7718591 01/15/20 04:28 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by MO
I was for LSU all the way , but The Clemson defense opened the game with a great
scheme . LSU adjusted , then Clemson had nothing else. The defense seemed gassed in the 2 nd half , the pass rushers were not effective.
they seemed to give up after the targeting call
MO

From what I understand Clemson didn't have any pure pass rushers on the defense this year.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Roll-Tide] #7718638 01/15/20 05:10 PM
E
Esh and Hattie Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Fix fix fix

The SEC West since 2010

2010: Aub won natty
2011: Ala won natty/LSU runner-up
2012: Ala won natty
2013: Aub runner-up
2014: Ala beat in semis
2015: Ala won natty
2016: Ala runner-up
2017: Ala won natty
2018: Ala runner-up
2019: LSU won natty

Maybe. Just maybe SEC West don't play.

Best division (ever?). Between recruiting, coaching and developing talent.

What I don't understand is why secondary coaches everywhere don't coach like them. Stingley and Fulton are good, but they hold, yank, hack, push, punch.. evvverryy sinnggllee playyy. It's like Seattles defense a couple years ago, maul the receiver every play and they can only throw so many flags. 'Physical' play like that elsewhere gets called much more often, in SEC games, not so much.

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718647 01/15/20 05:13 PM
E
Esh and Hattie Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
As an aside, I think the above contributes to the big 12 sucking a$$ at pass defense. They play off coverage, and when they lay a finger on a receiver it's a flag. SEC plays much more bump and run, much more physical, and the games are officiated as such. It's the Big 12's own fault, they have devolved to this point, but it's a hard road to climb up and out of. Just sucks to watch almost 2 different games being played when we get to bowls.

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Dustnsand] #7718693 01/15/20 05:54 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by z71dustin
[Linked Image]

roflmao

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7718698 01/15/20 05:57 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Did I hear right? Joe brady went to the NFL as an OC for Matt Rhule?

Re: How much was Trevor Lawrence promised? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7718716 01/15/20 06:05 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Esh and Hattie
'Physical' play like that elsewhere gets called much more often, in SEC games, not so much.

I agree but there was a Pac-12 referee crew for this game. I thought the PI in this game (called and not-called) was pretty average, nothing egregious.

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Did I hear right? Joe brady went to the NFL as an OC for Matt Rhule?

Yes and Kuechly retired.

Charlie

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide