Print Thread
Dish TV Upgrade Rant #7709537 01/06/20 06:35 PM
O
Old Rabbit Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
O
If you still have Dish TV and have on older style DVR with the coax connection on the back beware. My wife just renewed ours for one year and they informed us we had to upgrade to a Hopper as our old system was obsolete. They told her we would have the exact same ability with the improvements of being able to record more channels at the same time and have a larger storage. Surprise, surprise, we got taken. They delivered a USED Hopper 2 and a USED Joey 2. So now instead of having the main tuner connected to 4 TV's it serves 1. The Joey they put in the kitchen rides on the main tuner, that is until she tries to record a program and watch something else. Then it takes over the kitchen TV and requires it to watch one of the 2 shows she is watching or recording. They said that's no problem, for $150 they will send out a Hopper 3 and for $91 a month they will send out enough Joeys to get us back to where we were before the upgrade. As soon as this contract is gone, so is Dish. At least I got to talk to some nice lady that could barely speak English. End of rant, headed to the garden.

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: Old Rabbit] #7709542 01/06/20 06:38 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Call Direct TV. Thank me later. I made the switch simply for baseball. Wouldn't go back to Dish ever.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: Old Rabbit] #7709556 01/06/20 06:47 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
If you still have Dish TV and have on older style DVR with the coax connection on the back beware. My wife just renewed ours for one year and they informed us we had to upgrade to a Hopper as our old system was obsolete. They told her we would have the exact same ability with the improvements of being able to record more channels at the same time and have a larger storage. Surprise, surprise, we got taken. They delivered a USED Hopper 2 and a USED Joey 2. So now instead of having the main tuner connected to 4 TV's it serves 1. The Joey they put in the kitchen rides on the main tuner, that is until she tries to record a program and watch something else. Then it takes over the kitchen TV and requires it to watch one of the 2 shows she is watching or recording. They said that's no problem, for $150 they will send out a Hopper 3 and for $91 a month they will send out enough Joeys to get us back to where we were before the upgrade. As soon as this contract is gone, so is Dish. At least I got to talk to some nice lady that could barely speak English. End of rant, headed to the garden.

Sounds like something is screwed up. You should be able to record multiple things at once with the Hopper and Joeys and be able to watch other things.

You can get an english speaking (as a first language) person on the phone. You'll have to get to the cancellation/retention department to do so though.

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: Old Rabbit] #7709562 01/06/20 06:51 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I have to listen to that Hopper carp every time I call them. I had it years ago when it first came out. Then I found out that I could not piggyback on my account and use a receiver at the deer lease which I only activate during hunting season. They are trying to tell me that is not the case now. I just say I don't believe you and refuse to upgrade. I don't like having to call and renegotiate but that is the case with all of them. I think that satellite TV days are numbered. They really can't afford to lose customers. I use that as leverage when I negotiate the price. The reason they want you to upgrade to the Hopper is to lock you in to another 2 year contract.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: Cochise] #7709571 01/06/20 06:56 PM
O
Old Rabbit Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
O

Sounds like something is screwed up. You should be able to record multiple things at once with the Hopper and Joeys and be able to watch other things. I wish, they sent a Hopper 2 which means you can watch 2 channels or watch 1 and record 1. You have to upgrade to a Hopper 3 to do multiple.

You can get an english speaking (as a first language) person on the phone. You'll have to get to the cancellation/retention department to do so though.[/quote]
I tried this several times and it got worse every time they transferred me.

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: Old Rabbit] #7709667 01/06/20 08:18 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

Sounds like something is screwed up. You should be able to record multiple things at once with the Hopper and Joeys and be able to watch other things. I wish, they sent a Hopper 2 which means you can watch 2 channels or watch 1 and record 1. You have to upgrade to a Hopper 3 to do multiple.

You can get an english speaking (as a first language) person on the phone. You'll have to get to the cancellation/retention department to do so though.

I tried this several times and it got worse every time they transferred me. [/quote]
It seems like Dish has gone from decent CS with English speakers to carppy with non- English speakers in a short time. 2 weeks ago I called from lease and told dude to just zap my receiver. I can only get service in very small area and he could not get it through his thick skull if I moved the call would diconnect. I has him on speaker and brother was laughing. He was trying tell me how to operate the TV and receiver and I was ed playing that I know all that. Will you just zap it.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: Old Rabbit] #7709701 01/06/20 08:49 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

I tried this several times and it got worse every time they transferred me. [/quote]

That sucks. I switched from Directv to Dish about 3 years ago. I called them last summer since the contract was up and they raised my rates a little bit. Was just going to cancel and go back to Directv. I got someone here in the US and they locked me back into my original rate with zero hassle.

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: Old Rabbit] #7709739 01/06/20 09:19 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Dish offered me free service for 6 months when I cancelled.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: Old Rabbit] #7709752 01/06/20 09:32 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Cut your cable and go with streaming. I did it 2 weeks ago and it is everything I used before. It took about 3-4 days to get use to the differences. It cut my bill in half.

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7709762 01/06/20 09:40 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
Cut your cable and go with streaming. I did it 2 weeks ago and it is everything I used before. It took about 3-4 days to get use to the differences. It cut my bill in half.

Can you get Dallas and Houston baseball games with streaming? Basketball?

[Linked Image]

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7709763 01/06/20 09:44 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H

This ^. We have AT&t Now and Netflix. $60/month. Plus wife just got Amazon Prime free for a year. Some special they were running. Used to pay $140/mo just for TV. One time investment of Roku for 3 TV's (about $100) and we are set.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: Halfadozen] #7709766 01/06/20 09:46 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Halfadozen

This ^. We have AT&t Now and Netflix. $60/month. Plus wife just got Amazon Prime free for a year. Some special they were running. Used to pay $140/mo just for TV. One time investment of Roku for 3 TV's (about $100) and we are set.

Same question about baseball and basketball? confused2

[Linked Image]

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: bill oxner] #7709771 01/06/20 09:49 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by bill oxner

We get Fox sports and all ESPN channels - pretty much covers it.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: Halfadozen] #7709777 01/06/20 09:54 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

We get Fox sports and all ESPN channels - pretty much covers it.

That doesn't work for the Houston market since the Astros and Rockets are shown on ATT Sports.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: Old Rabbit] #7709780 01/06/20 09:56 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Same with the Rangers and Mavericks. I think.

[Linked Image]

Re: Dish TV Upgrade Rant [Re: bill oxner] #7709921 01/06/20 11:48 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Same with the Rangers and Mavericks. I think.

Well that ended that. Belly up to the bar.

[Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide