Forums46
Topics537,757
Posts9,728,737
Members87,039
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7684129 12/09/19 02:48 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I've never had anything but positive interactions with game wardens. My experience has been, that those who have strong enough issues with law enforcement to publicly speak poorly of them, are criminals who have been caught from time to time and are sore losers.

Yeah, well I’m a 55 year old financially secure attorney married 30 years to the same woman with 2 wonderful adult children who has hunted all over North America and am not and never have been a criminal.

And I’ve encountered several overbearing LEOs who were disrespectful and sometimes downright rude to me right out of the gate - before I even opened my mouth. I’ve never been ticketed for a game law violation.

I know some great GWs too, just for the record.

The point is, just because your experiences have been fine doesn’t mean those of us who have had some poor experiences are criminals or liars.

I've encountered attorneys who were overbearing jerks. Being an attorney doesn't make you special. I've actually arrested more LEOs than lawyers but I'm always looking. lizard

Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Choctaw] #7684197 12/09/19 04:20 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Choctaw
I've never had anything but positive interactions with game wardens. My experience has been, that those who have strong enough issues with law enforcement to publicly speak poorly of them, are criminals who have been caught from time to time and are sore losers.

Yeah, well I’m a 55 year old financially secure attorney married 30 years to the same woman with 2 wonderful adult children who has hunted all over North America and am not and never have been a criminal.

And I’ve encountered several overbearing LEOs who were disrespectful and sometimes downright rude to me right out of the gate - before I even opened my mouth. I’ve never been ticketed for a game law violation.

The point is, just because your experiences have been fine doesn’t mean those of us who have had some poor experiences are criminals or liars.

I've encountered attorneys who were overbearing jerks. Being an attorney doesn't make you special. I've actually arrested more LEOs than lawyers but I'm always looking. lizard

I never said it did or that there weren’t overbearing jerk attorneys. I was just giving a little background that I wasn’t a criminal in response to the post.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7684706 12/10/19 01:03 AM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

So if someone brings up the profession of being an attorney would your first response be the same as your first response on this thread about LEO's and GW's? If you have hunted all these years and encountered "several" GW who you had an issue with what about the many others who treated you respectfully - but yet you choose to focus your post on just a couple of "bad" LEO's?

I am 66 and a financial planner for 40 years. I am also very financially secure and married for 44 years to the same woman and have 2 wonderful adult children - my daughter is a dedicated special education teacher and as mentioned before my son is a first class LEO , person, and father. I have hunted all over the world. What the heck does that have to do with this conversation?

Trust me .... naive I am not. I also never called you a liar.

If I ever did run across a GW or LEO who was disrespectful out of the gate then I would just deal with it and continue to be respectful back to them. I would diffuse the situation (one would think an attorney would tell his clients that and practice it himself) and I would then understand that this one GW who did not handle the meeting properly was an outlier and let it pass. You will never admit it but it is very clear you have contempt for our peace officers.

So in closing I am taking the advise you offer at the bottom of all your post - I am out.

You can't fix stupid
Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: tlk] #7684715 12/10/19 01:10 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by tlk

So if someone brings up the profession of being an attorney would your first response be the same as your first response on this thread about LEO's and GW's? If you have hunted all these years and encountered "several" GW who you had an issue with what about the many others who treated you respectfully - but yet you choose to focus your post on just a couple of "bad" LEO's?

I am 66 and a financial planner for 40 years. I am also very financially secure and married for 44 years to the same woman and have 2 wonderful adult children - my daughter is a dedicated special education teacher and as mentioned before my son is a first class LEO , person, and father. I have hunted all over the world. What the heck does that have to do with this conversation?

Trust me .... naive I am not. I also never called you a liar.

If I ever did run across a GW or LEO who was disrespectful out of the gate then I would just deal with it and continue to be respectful back to them. I would diffuse the situation (one would think an attorney would tell his clients that and practice it himself) and I would then understand that this one GW who did not handle the meeting properly was an outlier and let it pass. You will never admit it but it is very clear you have contempt for our peace officers.

So in closing I am taking the advise you offer at the bottom of all your post - I am out.

I wasn’t responding to you - see the quoted post? It’s not yours. It’s the guy who stated that in his experience those who spoke poorly of LEOs are criminals. I was simply providing my (non-criminal) background in response.

BTW, what gives you the idea I was not respectful in my dealings with the LEOs that were not respectful to me? I stated I was, in fact.

I’ve sat there and said “Yes, sir” and “No, sir” as they made all sorts of demeaning comments and accusations. A badge and a gun are powerful tools - and many know it.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7684732 12/10/19 01:24 AM
M
mightyp Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
never

It's still "we the people", right?

"If it bleeds, we can kill it."

Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7685068 12/10/19 02:31 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
OMG..and I started this post. popcorn

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7686321 12/11/19 07:00 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Leaving out the profession in between the status of your finances and matrimony would have added a whole lot.

Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7686759 12/12/19 05:00 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I stated how many times I have been checked. I had one make up a story to try and out my uncle who was standing 100 yards away. It didn't work because he had done nothing wrong. Was funny I thought. Using police tactics to get a confession. Most was my fault as I said no warden will ever show up here! Famous last words but we were legal. Crazy story though. She was still nice about it.

Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7688628 12/14/19 02:17 PM
A
ASUhunter21 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Been checked once on lake Lavon and once in west Texas where they were checking all the camps. In camp they wanted harvest logs and checking coolers etc

Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7689174 12/15/19 01:41 AM
J
Jbell99 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
I’ve been checked twice and they where completely different exspirences, I took someone hunting on my lease as a guest and it was the first time they ever went hunting and I exsplained that the county we hunted had a 13 inch rule. The guest shot a super tall basket 10 point one I would call a trophy and it was a old mature buck but was 12 3/4 inches. The guest called the game warden and said “ I think I shot a illegal deer” he was one of the friendliest people I had ever met, when I told him they where my guest and I was kicking myself for not sitting in the stand with them and said it was their first hunt he went above and beyond. Was super nice to my guest exsplained he understood how he thought it was big enough, not to beat himself up and he did have to write a ticket but wasn’t much and took the horns but let him keep the meat and made my guest promise him that it wouldn’t stop him from going hunting agian.

The other I was on a guided duck hunt and we all limited out and the wardens searched us the guns, the boat and drilled the guide. Asking me at what exact time I shot each of my six ducks and in which order and going overboard and was very rude another game warden showed up and told him to calm down and relax that he didn’t want the warden to ruin our experience.

Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7695762 12/22/19 02:45 PM
K
Kevin Heath Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
Back in my twenties I used to duck hunt on the Trinity river flats just out of Riverside (a blink twice and you will miss it town between Huntsville and Trinity). One year we were stopped and checked EVERY SINGLE DAY!
He would check our licenses, our bag limit, and even our shells. (some days he checked us going out other days he would check us coming in, one time he waded through our decoys and checked us in the blind. Me and my podna , hunted every morning before our shift at the Estelle Unit prison, and it felt like he hunted us! Finally one day I had enough and asked him why in the hell he was harassing us, he had checked us probably 20 times at that point and never found a single violation, turns out my buddy's uncle had told him we had to be dirty cuz we always came back with birds. Well of course we did we got there early and stayed till we had our limits. His uncle couldn't be bothered to stay for 2 hours and couldn't hit water if he fell outta the damn boat!

Some days you're the pigeon, other days you are the statue!
Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7698372 12/25/19 06:59 PM
B
Bama2 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
I have been checked once in 40+ years of hunting no violations!!

stovallcustomknives @facebook
Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7698457 12/25/19 09:00 PM
P
Pigsicles Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
P
The only time I have come close to an interaction with a GW was on my way home from a dove hunt. Wife and son were with me and we had changed out of our camo for the drive home. My buddy decided to stay in his camo and we needed to stop at the car wash as it had been pretty muddy at the property.
We are both washing our vehicles when the GW pulls up behind him and asked if he had been dove hunting and my buddy said yes. The GW then asked how he did and my buddy said we had gotten our limits and then the GW asked if he could look in his ice chest and my buddy told him sure while he continued to wash his vehicle. The GW then asked where the doves were and my buddy truthfully told them we had eaten them the night before.
The GW told us to have a good day and left without even checking my vehicle or license.

Pulsar Trail XQ50
Pulsar HD 19A
Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7698712 12/26/19 03:55 AM
M
mikereiling5 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
I have been checked one time when I was 16, have not been checked since

Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7698769 12/26/19 06:31 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
First time in 15 years we have had our lease the GW showed up past weekend. New GW and said he goes into gates that are unlocked! Our cow guy leaves it unlocked for 30 minutes a day when he feeds. Camp is 1.5 miles inside. Our guest didn't tag his doe right away for some reason and went to town. Came back to a surprise!! He was a lawman himself and GW said have a good day after he tagged it! Lol. Guess he knows we are back there now! Only deer killed all season and he was lucky!

Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7700277 12/28/19 03:56 AM
Reloder28 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Once on the water while waterfowling & once in my driveway after being turned into Operation Game Thief by a guy that did not know what he was talking about.

[b][/b]
Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7700291 12/28/19 04:13 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Never.

And they'll never catch me alive
!!! walking bolt

biker

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7705205 01/02/20 12:21 PM
6.5 shooter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
been checked 5 times in 40 years.

Re: How many times have you been checked by GW [Re: Mr. T.] #7705311 01/02/20 02:25 PM
F
Fitzwho Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Texas - got checked a lot back in college hunting ducks and pheasant on APH leased land in the panhandle. Only been checked twice in the 10 years I have been out of college: one while dove hunting with family and once at a mandatory check point for pronghorn in 2015.
New Mexico - have had 4 draw tags and hunt quail, coyotes, etc there several times a year. I have never seen a Game Warden.
Utah - Have had one tag and got checked the one time I was there, so they are batting 1000.
Colorado - 3 tags and several fishing trips never been checked
Wyoming - 2 big game tags, never been checked
Arizona - 2 deer tags, never seen a GW

Permian_Skullworks on Instagram
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide