Forums46
Topics537,992
Posts9,731,488
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7703288 12/31/19 07:44 PM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

That almost makes it look like he was there to rob them.

I think that's very possible. He probably didn't count on resistance.

If he was there just to rob them, he could have dropped his shotgun on the floor and put his hands up high when he saw the first guy trying to get his gun out. Instead, he shot and killed that guy... and then the unarmed guy holding the communion tray.

I don’t buy the whole... “he just wanted money and wasn’t going to hurt anyone” claim that the far left makes.

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7703289 12/31/19 07:44 PM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by swampthang
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
So, are we all headed to the range today to practice our "head shots"?

Either Mr Wilson is unbelievably accurate with a handgun or he got lucky on the headshot. I know I would have been aiming for the chest area as I'm not that confident with my handgun shooting skills.

there were parishioners in the way. it was his only shot.

I don't know man,that large photo on the first page of this thread seems to show a "fairly" clear view of the perp from Mr Wilson's vantage point.

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: swampthang] #7703291 12/31/19 07:45 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Either Mr Wilson is unbelievably accurate with a handgun or he got lucky on the headshot. I know I would have been aiming for the chest area as I'm not that confident with my handgun shooting skills.

there were parishioners in the way. it was his only shot.

I don't know man,that large photo on the first page of this thread seems to show a "fairly" clear view of the perp from Mr Wilson's vantage point.

From mr. wilsons words.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: swampthang] #7703292 12/31/19 07:45 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

I guess if you live that long you have nerves of steel.

[Linked Image]
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: hetman] #7703300 12/31/19 08:00 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Easy shot but the hard part is doing it under pressure

This whole video is a great example of why you should practice or train and is a fine example of someone that practices

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: Brother in-law] #7703313 12/31/19 08:14 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Brother in-law

This whole video is a great example of why you should practice or train and is a fine example of someone that practices

gotta agree. it has to be second nature.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7703338 12/31/19 08:41 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
That's why you don't feed wild animals...........they bite you eventually.

Just like these idiots that want to take warm clothes to the homeless in Dallas. Its BS.

ITs not like the old days when the poor wanted to work and you helped............now they just want your free chit handout and perpetuate property crime wherever you feed them.

This isn't a mentally ill person..........its just a pos lazy criminal that murdered good people.

Quit helping those that aint helping themselves.

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: fadetoblack64] #7703340 12/31/19 08:42 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64
That's why you don't feed wild animals...........they bite you eventually.

Just like these idiots that want to take warm clothes to the homeless in Dallas. Its BS.

ITs not like the old days when the poor wanted to work and you helped............now they just want your free chit handout and perpetuate property crime wherever you feed them.

This isn't a mentally ill person..........its just a pos lazy criminal that murdered good people.

Quit helping those that aint helping themselves.
Hammer meet nail head!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7703349 12/31/19 08:57 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

Has it already been stated how far a shot it was? What was he shooting? The good guy.

Proverbs 2
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: hetman] #7703352 12/31/19 09:04 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
15 yards give or take.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7703354 12/31/19 09:09 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
15 yards give or take.

Does it really matter how far it was?? 15 yard or 15 feet. Bad is guy down.

Maybe he was aiming at his chest or maybe his knee. In the end, the target was hit and the threat was neutralized.
confused2

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: Sniper.270] #7703357 12/31/19 09:13 PM
M
MacDaddy21 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

Has it already been stated how far a shot it was? What was he shooting? The good guy.

I believe I read it was a Sig P229 in 357 sig...

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: pegasaurus] #7703364 12/31/19 09:20 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
15 yards give or take.

Maybe he was aiming at his chest or maybe his knee. In the end, the target was hit and the threat was neutralized.
confused2

Matter...........no but most of us at this point are interested in the shot. So, for the sake of discussing how difficult it was it does matter if it was 45' (15 yards) or 15'. I know I could hit a 8" target at 45'. But under those circumstances I'll probably never know.

It was difficult, required training and mental toughness. I'd like to buy Jack Wilson a beer, or a cup of coffee.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: hetman] #7703366 12/31/19 09:23 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Has it been said why the security detail didn't confront the wacko early on before he got in the worship chapel area especially if he was standing out with fake beard, sunglasses and trench coat as several indicated was alarming? Probably being PC and cautious I'd guess; just hate that he got two in before being eliminated! Great thing Mr. Wilson rubbed him out so quickly after he shot and killed those two.

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: swampthang] #7703374 12/31/19 09:30 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

He has owned/operated gun ranges for over 20 years and he's put an awful lot of rounds downrange during that time. He also has a very strong personality and isn't easily rattled.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7703375 12/31/19 09:34 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
15 yards give or take.

confused2

Matter...........no but most of us at this point are interested in the shot. So, for the sake of discussing how difficult it was it does matter if it was 45' (15 yards) or 15'. I know I could hit a 8" target at 45'. But under those circumstances I'll probably never know.

It was difficult, required training and mental toughness. I'd like to buy Jack Wilson a beer, or a cup of coffee.

Maybe it was well practiced shooting skill or maybe it was luck that the bad guy was hit in the head.

Active duty officers practice for this type situation and in training most shots will be on target but in a “real” situation, the outcome is much different.
Some will empty a full magazine and miss every shot. Some will drop the shooter in one shot.

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: Grizz] #7703377 12/31/19 09:37 PM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Grizz

He has owned/operated gun ranges for over 20 years and he's put an awful lot of rounds downrange during that time. He also has a very strong personality and isn't easily rattled.

I know all that but he said himself he doesn't train his students to take headshots.

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: hetman] #7703380 12/31/19 09:40 PM
B
Birddogger Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
B
Per Mr. Wilson headshot was intentional and he’s not one to mess around. There were people close to his line of site he feared body shot would be too dangerous. He also stated he always trains for center mass in his LTC classes but head shot was his best option. He knew he could make the shot and did. Years of shooting, training and preparation is what it’s all about. Not something he ever wanted to do but he’s always prepared himself to do it if needed. He’s currently running for county commissioner here in Granbury and was reserve deputy sheriff in the past. Doesn’t want to be called a hero but that’s exactly what he is.

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: swampthang] #7703382 12/31/19 09:44 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Grizz

I know all that but he said himself he doesn't train his students to take headshots.

Right, but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't. Instincts kicked in, he saw what he wanted to hit and did it.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: hetman] #7703383 12/31/19 09:45 PM
L
Lazyjack Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Considering his age and experience. Mr Wilson probably began shooting when standard handgun round count was 6 or 7.
Every round needed to count.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: hetman] #7703387 12/31/19 09:55 PM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Sad thing from all this is for every 1 psycho scumbag you kill there's 999 more still out there just waiting to go off.

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: DQ Kid] #7703394 12/31/19 09:58 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Has it been said why the security detail didn't confront the wacko early on before he got in the worship chapel area especially if he was standing out with fake beard, sunglasses and trench coat as several indicated was alarming? Probably being PC and cautious I'd guess; just hate that he got two in before being eliminated! Great thing Mr. Wilson rubbed him out so quickly after he shot and killed those two.

I never saw Mr Wilson rub him out

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: hetman] #7703398 12/31/19 10:00 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Figure of speech, neutralized him sound better.

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: Brother in-law] #7703404 12/31/19 10:10 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by DQ Kid

I never saw Mr Wilson rub him out

Well..... This thread just took a weird turn. eeks333

Re: shooting at White Settlement church [Re: pegasaurus] #7703420 12/31/19 10:35 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
15 yards give or take.

confused2

It mattered to me, which is exactly why I asked. Do all questions have to go through some secret “high post count committee” or something? Exactly.

The video/clip/still pics make the distance appear farther. I am sure many on here could make the 15 yard shot mechanically. In that situation, live target, two down, people screaming, that could rattle the best. Great job he did all around.

Proverbs 2
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide