Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics536,993
Posts9,719,250
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Cleaning Out Your Freezer? Going to the Butcher?----I'm in search of Raw, Frozen Meat #7699302 12/26/19 11:42 PM
B
beachloversara Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B

In search of RAW, FROZEN MEAT that you'd like to clear out of your freezer. The food MUST be frozen and cannot be going bad. However, it can be old, freezer burned, refrozen – as long as it's frozen.

Food that I'm looking for:

Raw and unseasoned pork, rabbit, quail, duck, venison, elk, moose (whole or ground is okay).
Food that I cannot take:

Sausage, seasoned meat, cooked meat, or anything my dogs cannot eat (chicken, turkey, guinea hen, and pheasant).
I am located in Fort Worth, and I'm happy to travel to anywhere in the DFW area for my dogs.

ISO Freezer Meat Being Discarded
If you're cleaning out your freezer and you find older meat you don't plan to eat, if you're a hunter or process livestock and have parts you don't plan to use – please don't throw it out, I will take it. Am not partial to any particular protein and a freezer burn is okay within reason. I also don't mind if it's old, just as long as it's been frozen the entire time. I feed my dogs a homemade diet due to health reasons, so this meat will be going to them.

Please, nothing that's going bad.

Raw, unseasoned, chicken, cow, beef, lamb, bison, sheep, emu, pork, turkey, goat, rabbit, venison, deer, bones, tripe, liver, heart, lungs, organ, brain, offal. fat, lean, sardines, fish, pork, ribs, roast

ISO Raw Meat/Bones/Organs for Natural, Raw Dog Food
If you are cleaning out your freezer to make room for this year's haul, I'll take most freezer burned meat you have to offer. Don't just throw it away. This way, it doesn't go to waste!

Farmers, I would be very interested in taking still born's from any type of animal! I am also looking for good prices for buying bulk meat half or whole butchered animals. Please let me know what you have.

Animals dead of natural causes fed no veterinary medications, steroids wormers etc near death. I'll take basically any species of animal. Turkey, chicken, sheep, deer, cow, squirrel, rabbit, pork, elk, moose, etc. Bones are welcome in the meat, so don't think that because you have turkey legs, I don't want them. I WILL! If you have ground up meat; that's fine. Have weird organs like lung, heart, liver, kidney, etc? I'll take it.

I'm also looking for freezer burned meat or meat that you are just looking to throw out because you'll never eat it or you're in the process of making room for more meat (hunters… I'm looking at you).

Things I don't really want include ham, sausage, overly processed meats. The dogs can't handle the spices and such that we pesky humans like to add to our food for flavor. I suppose they'd WANT it, but it isn't good for them, and so, they don't get to have it.

So if you are cleaning out a freezer and don't want all the meat to go to waste, here's your way to get around that. We would love to have it. Just shoot me an email with a general idea of what you have, how much (weight), etc. and we can hopefully arrange a time where I could come pick it up.

Thanks!

Re: Cleaning Out Your Freezer? Going to the Butcher?----I'm in search of Raw, Frozen Meat [Re: beachloversara] #7700981 12/29/19 01:33 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Beggars CAN be choosers, after all.

Re: Cleaning Out Your Freezer? Going to the Butcher?----I'm in search of Raw, Frozen Meat [Re: beachloversara] #7701424 12/29/19 06:54 PM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Q
Sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Seriously! You are asking for s favor by placing a lot of demands on it?

Retired Navy Chief
NJROTC Instructor for Tascosa High School
Re: Cleaning Out Your Freezer? Going to the Butcher?----I'm in search of Raw, Frozen Meat [Re: QMC SW/EXW] #7701465 12/29/19 07:40 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by QMC SW/EXW

roflmao My #1 favorite movie of all time.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Cleaning Out Your Freezer? Going to the Butcher?----I'm in search of Raw, Frozen Meat [Re: QMC SW/EXW] #7701483 12/29/19 08:03 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe

Seriously! You are asking for s favor by placing a lot of demands on it?

It's cut and paste https://keepthetailwagging.com/4-examples-of-craigslists-ads-for-raw-feeders/
Raw feeding is a thing with some dog people, but the person posting must have a lot of dogs to be worthwhile to travel so far for several small amounts.
I sometimes grind and cook, smoke, or freeze dry my unused game meat trimmings and freezer burned meat to supplement my dogs food or to use as dog treats, but not raw.

Re: Cleaning Out Your Freezer? Going to the Butcher?----I'm in search of Raw, Frozen Meat [Re: Creekrunner] #7701625 12/29/19 11:05 PM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Q
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

roflmao My #1 favorite movie of all time.

Best movie ever made.

"Skin that one Pilgrim and I'll get you another!"

Retired Navy Chief
NJROTC Instructor for Tascosa High School
Re: Cleaning Out Your Freezer? Going to the Butcher?----I'm in search of Raw, Frozen Meat [Re: Sniper John] #7701999 12/30/19 07:25 AM
B
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
Oh, I just checked all the interesting replies to my post. Interesting. It was my first time asking if anyone had any meat to throw out. Yes, I have rescue dogs and cats and have been making pet food for the last several years. Although I've been buying meat, organs and bones so far, I was told that there are a lot of people that actually throw away these things. At least, that's what I heard. I have NO problem buying those things from anyone.

Yes, the content of my post was from that website. smile

Re: Cleaning Out Your Freezer? Going to the Butcher?----I'm in search of Raw, Frozen Meat [Re: beachloversara] #7702077 12/30/19 01:47 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
How far are you willing to drive.

Here is a tip. Call game processors in your area about August or September and asked if they have any unpicked up processed game they want to give away. Tell them what you use it for.
I know a few that are usually looking for someone to clean out their freezers before the new season starts.

Re: Cleaning Out Your Freezer? Going to the Butcher?----I'm in search of Raw, Frozen Meat [Re: huntwest] #7703018 12/31/19 04:28 PM
B
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
I am willing to drive anywhere in the DFW area. I live in west Fort Worth. I am trying to purchase meats and organ meats but they are so hard to find!

Thank you so much for the tip.

Re: Cleaning Out Your Freezer? Going to the Butcher?----I'm in search of Raw, Frozen Meat [Re: beachloversara] #7703828 01/01/20 06:41 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Your rescue animals sure are picky. Just to make sure you’re aware, wild game meat can not legally be bought or sold.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide