Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Colorado’s Red Flag Law #7700386 12/28/19 01:27 PM
Tbar Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Colorado’s Red Flag Law Goes Into Effect Jan. 1.

Colorado’s red flag law will go into effect Jan. 1, 2020 -- it’s the one that allows a judge to temporarily remove somebody’s firearms if they’re a danger to themselves or others.

The law has raised a lot of questions for Coloradans about how it’ll be implemented, who will enforce it and how it’s different from other states with similar laws........

https://www.cpr.org/2019/12/27/colo...XqXkwpPmUDtdhPz-BlHZoHySmojX4LOLSh_1Vt_8

Make America Great Again

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7700413 12/28/19 04:10 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A real "cluster" in the making.

When a firearm is removed from somebody, only the accuser’s side of information is presented in court, Kopel said. There is also no opportunity for the accuser to be cross-examined and questioned.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7700423 12/28/19 04:18 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
A real "cluster" in the making.

When a firearm is removed from somebody, only the accuser’s side of information is presented in court, Kopel said. There is also no opportunity for the accuser to be cross-examined and questioned.

Sounds strikingly like impeachment.....huh, I wonder if the same people are pushing both agendas?

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7700441 12/28/19 04:43 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Theyre gonna keep on pushing until people start snapping..............and that's exactly what the left wants to happen. MAn its coming at us so fast now.

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7700497 12/28/19 05:36 PM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
So a judge can determine to forbid ya from exerting a God given right
Nope not today or any other

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: luv2brode] #7701163 12/29/19 06:17 AM
T
Tunapope Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted by luv2brode

It is our Constitutional right, but there have to be personal limits for personal and public safety. Can a person with diminished cognitions bare arms? That sounds dangerous to everyone. If you have Down’s Syndrome and can not manage your own affairs, should you be able to buy and use firearms? If you have a mental illness and are hallucinating, should you be able to buy and use firearms?
There are people who are dangerous to themselves and their families. My family was one of these. My father died and if these laws were in place it would have given us one more tool to try to remedy a clearly forecasted disaster.

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tunapope] #7701860 12/30/19 02:58 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Tunapope

It is our Constitutional right, but there have to be personal limits for personal and public safety. Can a person with diminished cognitions bare arms? That sounds dangerous to everyone. If you have Down’s Syndrome and can not manage your own affairs, should you be able to buy and use firearms? If you have a mental illness and are hallucinating, should you be able to buy and use firearms?
There are people who are dangerous to themselves and their families. My family was one of these. My father died and if these laws were in place it would have given us one more tool to try to remedy a clearly forecasted disaster.

But they are written too broadly, and likely for a reason that has nothing to do with protecting us.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: 10 Gauge] #7701898 12/30/19 03:30 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by laid over

But they are written too broadly, and likely for a reason that has nothing to do with protecting us.

Exactly....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7702108 12/30/19 02:22 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Agreed. The critical component is due process.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: luv2brode] #7702284 12/30/19 05:47 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Not sure God has given the right to bear arms, or for that matter self defense. In fact, He may be against it, based upon the teaching of His son Jesus.

However, the "right to self defense" is classically defined as a natural right, meaning all people should have it and no govt should "decree it". God given right...that's a bit of a stretch.

Semantics I know, sorry, its a slow day at work for me today.

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tunapope] #7702287 12/30/19 05:52 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Precisely, a constitutional right, that can be limited under certain circumstances. I am not for red flag laws in any current iteration, and certainly not without due process or ability for the person flagged to be un-flagged.

But for us to act like the "shall not be infringed" means we can just let anyone and everyone buy a gun and possess is insane. We are all good with felons not being able to own or possess a weapon. We are all good with clinically insane people (the real crazies and not just PTSD or depression) not owning and possessing guns, but there is a gray zone in there. We need to be part of a solution that forms the gray zone policy with other good constitutional basis (like due process, etc). Problem is we have not been part of the solution nor asked to be, so until that happens, we do need to fight for our rights.

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7702531 12/30/19 10:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
popcorn

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7702575 12/31/19 12:08 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Looks like another unconstitutional cluster to me

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7703056 12/31/19 04:58 PM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Well limiting arms and govt over reach were reasons for the Declaration of Independence
Who is to say who may and may not be cognitive enough to possess a weapon, a doctor, which side do they lean
The govt, no thanks I don't trust them,
Your neighbor yeah they do that in communist countries and we know how That works out
From the majority of responses hear I see some don't mind their rights being restricted more, the restrictions we already have are too much

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7703480 12/31/19 11:50 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
At the risk of being repetitive, we have something called "due process" in this country. ALL laws are subject to that control. Any gun grab MUST be done correctly, or not at all! No logical person wants a truly deranged person to walk down the street tossing out grenades.

As we continue to witness our government running roughshod over citizens' inherent rights, "We the People" have been given no choice but to take a defensive posture regarding our own safety and self-defense. Every mass shooting results in a knee jerk reaction of trying to punish law-abiding gun owners because: "Well, we have to do something!" People who exhibit that mindset and its lack of basic logic, are incapable of structuring an actual solution.

When someone tries to make ME carry the blame for other people's evil actions, the only logical response is:
"Nope! If I give you an inch, you will take a mile."

Marc

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7703699 01/01/20 03:11 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
how many states are we up to now?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7703836 01/01/20 07:26 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
how many states are we up to now?

Texas falls , they all fall. Hence the population increase

[Linked Image]
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7704039 01/01/20 04:07 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Now wait a minute, just because a state enacts a bad reg fog law does not mean the citizens of said state will comply willingly with that law. We already have several counties that have declared themselves non-participating in said laws, knowing they are over reach and the federal govt has their back (you know, the constitution thing).

Even if Texas were to turn blue enough to get some crazy gun law on the books, it would be falls, Harris, Bexar, whatever El Paso is, that would follow the law, the rest of the state would whole heartedly become second amendment sanctuaries and dare someone to come after them.

The only thing these laws are doing is further dividing the gun owners from the non-owners and creating a more clear line in the sand for a civil dispute.

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Texas buckeye] #7704194 01/01/20 06:07 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Now wait a minute, just because a state enacts a bad reg fog law does not mean the citizens of said state will comply willingly with that law. We already have several counties that have declared themselves non-participating in said laws, knowing they are over reach and the federal govt has their back (you know, the constitution thing).

Even if Texas were to turn blue enough to get some crazy gun law on the books, it would be falls, Harris, Bexar, whatever El Paso is, that would follow the law, the rest of the state would whole heartedly become second amendment sanctuaries and dare someone to come after them.

The only thing these laws are doing is further dividing the gun owners from the non-owners and creating a more clear line in the sand for a civil dispute.

Two ways to look at it. I choose the constitutional precedent, firearms laws and restrictions have with held the SCOUS. This to will with hold challenge, even with an all Red SCOUS. What will also with stand an All red or Blue SCOUS are legislature protections against due process abuses of those laws.

The Constitution allows for both. Infact you can’t have one with out the other. You can legislate Red Flag laws abuse so harshly Red flag laws effectively become nothing.

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Texas buckeye] #7704466 01/01/20 09:25 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

i posted this the other day, only got one joke about it. the tyrants will not depend on your local law to enforce.

Job Opening
Posting Title: DISARMAMENT, DEMOBILIZATION AND REINTEGRATION OFFICER, P4
Job Code Title: DISARMAMENT, DEMOBILIZATION AND REINTEGRATION OFFICER
Department/Office: Department of Peace Operations
Duty Station: NEW YORK
Posting Period: 26 December 2019 - 08 February 2020
Job Opening Number: 19-Security Institutions-DPO-127453-R-New York (R)
Staffing Exercise N/A

https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=127453&Lang=en-US

[Linked Image]
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7704483 01/01/20 09:42 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Two ways to look at it. I choose the constitutional precedent, firearms laws and restrictions have with held the SCOUS. This to will with hold challenge, even with an all Red SCOUS. What will also with stand an All red or Blue SCOUS are legislature protections against due process abuses of those laws.

The Constitution allows for both. Infact you can’t have one with out the other. You can legislate Red Flag laws abuse so harshly Red flag laws effectively become nothing.

sounds good if you have a constitution. Its only been three years that we have had some one that actually acknowledges the constitution. Things arent as peachy as most seem to think they are.

[Linked Image]
Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tin Head] #7704654 01/01/20 11:29 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Tin Head

sounds good if you have a constitution. Its only been three years that we have had some one that actually acknowledges the constitution. Things arent as peachy as most seem to think they are.

I don’t disagree with you

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7704839 01/02/20 01:15 AM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Unless you have your head in the sand, you instinctively what is coming.

It is actually preferable that it happens sooner than later - while there are still enough of us around who know how to put it back together again. Wait long enough and the future will depend on a generation of people who simply cannot make the hard decisions that will be required.

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Marc K] #7705182 01/02/20 10:39 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by Marc K
Unless you have your head in the sand, you instinctively what is coming.

It is actually preferable that it happens sooner than later - while there are still enough of us around who know how to put it back together again. Wait long enough and the future will depend on a generation of people who simply cannot make the hard decisions that will be required.

Yepper..........they can be patient for 20 years and take it down easily. I know I am getting to be less of a threat to them daily.

Re: Colorado’s Red Flag Law [Re: Tbar] #7706281 01/03/20 02:52 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide