Forums46
Topics537,717
Posts9,728,159
Members87,037
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: krazy kris] #7688155 12/13/19 10:05 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
It's fun to pretend that it doesn't matter what kind of fence surrounds a place but in all reality it does matter if you are going to throw around B&C scores. After all B&C thinks it matters. wink

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: krazy kris] #7688156 12/13/19 10:06 PM
R
rickym Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
worthless

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: JCB] #7688189 12/13/19 10:41 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by JCB
It's fun to pretend that it doesn't matter what kind of fence surrounds a place but in all reality it does matter if you are going to throw around B&C scores. After all B&C thinks it matters. wink

It's not a record book deer so it really doesnt matter except to those that get offended by people who hunt HF. The dude above posted multiple times on the other thread with one just being a post to jab at him for paying for a hunt that was in no way related to the current thread. Why do that except if you are envious and trying to take the persons happiness down a notch?

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: Hudbone] #7688285 12/14/19 12:58 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Yeppers, but your opinion on how hard it is to hunt HF is limited by your experiences or what well may be your misperceptions and that there hunter's rights do not end where your feelings start.

Btw, I have been on large low fence places with lil' in the way of traffic where you can walk right up on deer. A buddy of mine rattled one up and shot it in the open with a stick & string. That 180 looks mighty good on his wall. All fair chase. All low fence with lil' pressure. It is what it is.

In this case, it's an awesome looking deer and I, for one, am happy with what that fella did. I might not have chosen to do it, but am steadfastly happy for him.

I agree and you should not have to qualify a legally taken deer on a hunting forum IMO....it’s not difficult to hit the back button and comes down to others wanting to disparage a big buck just because they don’t have one on the wall or they don’t approve of LEGAL methods......get over yourself.....hammer

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7688311 12/14/19 01:22 AM
5Redman8 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Yeppers, but your opinion on how hard it is to hunt HF is limited by your experiences or what well may be your misperceptions and that there hunter's rights do not end where your feelings start.

Btw, I have been on large low fence places with lil' in the way of traffic where you can walk right up on deer. A buddy of mine rattled one up and shot it in the open with a stick & string. That 180 looks mighty good on his wall. All fair chase. All low fence with lil' pressure. It is what it is.

In this case, it's an awesome looking deer and I, for one, am happy with what that fella did. I might not have chosen to do it, but am steadfastly happy for him.

I agree and you should not have to qualify a legally taken deer on a hunting forum IMO....it’s not difficult to hit the back button and comes down to others wanting to disparage a big buck just because they don’t have one on the wall or they don’t approve of LEGAL methods......get over yourself.....hammer

And not everyone has to agree with you......so get over yourself.

Killing a deer in a high fence and calling it hunting is like going to the grocery store.....buying fish....and then saying you went fishing!

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: 5Redman8] #7688314 12/14/19 01:24 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by 5Redman8

Killing a deer in a high fence and calling it hunting is like going to the grocery store.....buying fish....and then saying you went fishing!

Awww look the itty bitty man that goes around degrading others hunts and animals is preaching from his holy pulpit again. Sad

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7688318 12/14/19 01:30 AM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Awww look the itty bitty man that goes around degrading others hunts and animals is preaching from his holy pulpit again. Sad

Itty bitty boy.....man doesn’t fit his description

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7688319 12/14/19 01:30 AM
5Redman8 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Bobo the ***clown showing his donkey again..... roflmao

and the Pitchfork *itch

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: 5Redman8] #7688320 12/14/19 01:32 AM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

Oh yeah buddy. Sitting in a nice blind and shooting a deer at a feeder is really damn hard in low fences.

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: 5Redman8] #7688336 12/14/19 01:49 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

and the Pitchfork *itch

It takes a real big man to project and troll every big deer post demanding a classification all while degrading others hunts and animals roflmao another thumb tack

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: krazy kris] #7688377 12/14/19 02:31 AM
O
olenarey87 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
Anyways... is there an update on the supposed monster shot around Mineral Wells?

Thanks,
Olen
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: krazy kris] #7688529 12/14/19 11:24 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

"Oh yeah buddy. Sitting in a nice blind and shooting a deer at a feeder is really damn hard in low fences." Ahem, . . . .in the low fence situation I described, there were two blinds on 7,000 acres. Never sat in either one of them. Nor did anyone I hunted there with. Me, myself and I, the three of us, have taken thousands of pounds of flesh, (yes, thousands) without the use of a blind or feeder. With the exception of one animal, all was consumed as fresh steaks and hamburger. I have been ever so fortunate.

Funny to me. Now, hunting a stand in a LF environment isn't good enough either. Some choose to disparage it. Seems both self serving and a cut off your nose to spite your face mentality. I would hope we could all be in this together and enjoy the successes of others who enjoy somewhat similar pursuits. The guy who chooses to hunt in a HF environment helps LF hunters to enjoy what they partake in. The guys who hunt in stands help to continue the tradition of those who choose to spot & stalk and hunt out of tree stands.

I was out at the NFR in Vegas this past weekend. There was a lil', old Asian lady who sat down at a table and begin telling everyone all kinds of things and the bad part, how to play. I colored up pretty quickly. I feel like she is on this forum.

Btw, i do lovey my two nice blinds. I also prefer blondes, root beer, pork ribs, lamb, Pearl beer and a simple bourbon neat. Well, maybe a couple of bourbons.

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: krazy kris] #7688538 12/14/19 11:55 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Dang, I remember Pearl beer. Haven't seen it in years.

To each his own. My very Personal opinion is that hunting HF is OK for those that want to do it. I dang sure can't afford it and wouldn't want to do it. But, I have raised some monster bluegills and bass in my ponds/tanks and love fishing for them. It's more about being able to raise them than catching them. Can't call that free range. I have 6 corn feeders on my little 133 acre low/no fence place. I also use rice bran to sucker the deer/hogs in. We see nocturnal monster bucks and hogs that I guess die of old age.

I recall seeing, on TV, Jimmy Houston shooting a monster buck. Turns out that it was in an approx 10 acre pen at a feeder. Don't remember what he was advertising. To me, no matter how big the place is, penned animals are livestock.

Remember the book/movie The Godfather? When they whacked somebody they said "Nothing personal. It was just business".

Last edited by Dave Davidson; 12/14/19 12:00 PM.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7688549 12/14/19 12:17 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

and the Pitchfork *itch

It takes a real big man to project and troll every big deer post demanding a classification all while degrading others hunts and animals roflmao another thumb tack

Yeah and you will never see a [censored] like this degrade a hunter to his face.....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: Hudbone] #7688853 12/14/19 07:28 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

"Oh yeah buddy. Sitting in a nice blind and shooting a deer at a feeder is really damn hard in low fences." Ahem, . . . .in the low fence situation I described, there were two blinds on 7,000 acres. Never sat in either one of them. Nor did anyone I hunted there with. Me, myself and I, the three of us, have taken thousands of pounds of flesh, (yes, thousands) without the use of a blind or feeder. With the exception of one animal, all was consumed as fresh steaks and hamburger. I have been ever so fortunate.

Funny to me. Now, hunting a stand in a LF environment isn't good enough either. Some choose to disparage it. Seems both self serving and a cut off your nose to spite your face mentality. I would hope we could all be in this together and enjoy the successes of others who enjoy somewhat similar pursuits. The guy who chooses to hunt in a HF environment helps LF hunters to enjoy what they partake in. The guys who hunt in stands help to continue the tradition of those who choose to spot & stalk and hunt out of tree stands.

I was out at the NFR in Vegas this past weekend. There was a lil', old Asian lady who sat down at a table and begin telling everyone all kinds of things and the bad part, how to play. I colored up pretty quickly. I feel like she is on this forum.

Btw, i do lovey my two nice blinds. I also prefer blondes, root beer, pork ribs, lamb, Pearl beer and a simple bourbon neat. Well, maybe a couple of bourbons.

You missed the point but I was not talking to you. I was referring to the guy who was talking about how being in a HF is not hunting.

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7689297 12/15/19 05:45 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

and the Pitchfork *itch

Yeah and you will never see a [censored] like this degrade a hunter to his face.....

Yep, the internet has created more badasses than all the gyms combined. Everyone likes to say they would tell someone off the same way in person, but we all know the vast majority of them are full of ****.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: krazy kris] #7689302 12/15/19 06:02 AM
Mathp Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I have a family place 10 miles N of Mineral Wells. Never heard of hilltop area, where is it?

https://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj570/mathp/9542e851.jpgIMG]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj570/mathp/LlanoBucksdownsized_zps6632cebe.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: krazy kris] #7689331 12/15/19 12:22 PM
S
sbushee Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
I think one thing about the post of the big buck shot in Hood county is being missed. There were TWO huge bucks in the last pic. Shooting one big low fence deer is possible. Probable, no. Possible, yes. But shooting two of that size, I would venture to say is near impossible. We all know they were shot on a HF just by looking at them. If it was legal and the hunters are happy with them, that’s all that matters. Not my cup of tea, but that’s irrelevant. Where I hunt (Schliecher county), we have almost 3000 LF acres and a 130” deer is exceptional. My lease is great. We have a great group and lots of fun. To me that’s what is important.

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: Mathp] #7689350 12/15/19 01:21 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Mathp
I have a family place 10 miles N of Mineral Wells. Never heard of hilltop area, where is it?

North of town on 281 a few miles where the gas station is. I think it’s called Hill Top gas station.

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: Hudbone] #7689378 12/15/19 01:58 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
[quote=Hudbone]Trying to recall if I have ever hunted a HF ranch, err . . , um, . . . no." . . . ..

I unintentionally misspoke here. I have been on a high fence ranch as a guest and with a rifle. i never shot anything there, but I definitely was on that sweet spread. My bad.

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: krazy kris] #7690724 12/17/19 01:06 AM
R
retfuz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Wow! popcorn

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: krazy kris] #7691009 12/17/19 01:04 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Damn there are some sorry POS on this forum. Let the guy enjoy his deer and stop being a little troll bitch.

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: retfuz] #7691408 12/17/19 09:28 PM
B
Bass&More Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by retfuz
Wow! popcorn

Here is a pic of the 244" my source is working on getting the 170" now. Looks like lease prices in Palo Pinto County will be at a premium for the next few yearswoot peep
[Linked Image]

170" was a bow kill around Fairview [Linked Image]

Last edited by Bass&More; 12/17/19 09:36 PM.
Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: NOCOOLNAMETOO] #7691459 12/17/19 10:32 PM
L
Leonardo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by NOCOOLNAMETOO
There was a non typical killed in Orin not to far from that area a couple of years ago I think that scored in that ballpark. My buddy killed a 171 " out by Boonesville. There are some low fence monsters just far and few between.

pm sent. interested in this deer.

Re: Heard a monster hit the ground around mineral Wells hilltop area! [Re: krazy kris] #7691772 12/18/19 03:26 AM
Cattleman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
The big deer killed near Oran was on the Robertson Hill ranch in 2012 . Scored 227 it did have a split ear ( like a tag got ripped out at some point in its life) . There could be some big deer near the Hilltop area just north of Mineral Wells it's not far from the state park and the national guard training area which is limited access hunting. No high fence ranches within 30 miles that I know off.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide