Print Thread
Huge Deal on Moultrie Wireless Game Camera #7680515 12/05/19 03:31 PM
H
HuntinForTail Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a huge deal on the new Moultrie cellular cameras I found. But FYI, I haven't used the camera yet or talked to anyone that has, but the reviews on Amazon seem promising.

Amazon has them on sale for $129 (MSRP is $179). Amazon also has a coupon offer today for $20 off (not sure how long that will last). Moultrie is offering a $50 rebate if purchased before Jan 31st and mailed before Feb 15th.

The sale, coupon, and rebate bring the price down to $60ish before taxes.

Link to AT&T Version

Link to Verizon Version

Last edited by HuntinForTail; 12/05/19 03:31 PM.
Re: Huge Deal on Moultrie Wireless Game Camera [Re: HuntinForTail] #7681490 12/06/19 02:39 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by HuntinForTail
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a huge deal on the new Moultrie cellular cameras I found. But FYI, I haven't used the camera yet or talked to anyone that has, but the reviews on Amazon seem promising.

Amazon has them on sale for $129 (MSRP is $179). Amazon also has a coupon offer today for $20 off (not sure how long that will last). Moultrie is offering a $50 rebate if purchased before Jan 31st and mailed before Feb 15th.

Link to AT&T Version

Link to Verizon Version

25% of all reviews give this camera a 1 out of 5.....what has been your experience with them?

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Huge Deal on Moultrie Wireless Game Camera [Re: Mr. T.] #7681759 12/06/19 06:44 PM
H
HuntinForTail Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
I haven't used it yet, but I'll be setting it up tonight.

Pretty much all the cellular trail cameras on amazon have bad reviews for some reason. I have a Covert Code Black that retails for over $400. It has been working perfectly for a little over a year now and it has 30% 1 out of 5. I've used other moultrie products without problems. For $60 i'm willing to give it a shot. I'll report back after I get it set up.

Re: Huge Deal on Moultrie Wireless Game Camera [Re: HuntinForTail] #7681865 12/06/19 08:47 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Where is the rebate from Moultrie? Edit: NVM, I found it on their website.

Last edited by krmitchell; 12/06/19 08:50 PM.
Re: Huge Deal on Moultrie Wireless Game Camera [Re: Mr. T.] #7683094 12/08/19 03:00 AM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Mr. T.
Originally Posted by HuntinForTail

Link to AT&T Version

Link to Verizon Version

25% of all reviews give this camera a 1 out of 5.....what has been your experience with them?

Figured it was worth a try for the price. Got two. Have one setup and running now. Not as nice as a covert but so far worth the money. You need good cell service to get it to transmit and unlike the Covert camera it just give you a green light if it is working, not a signal bar. No display on the camera but honestly using the app to control the camera is the better. Battery life and reliability of pics sending will be the real test of me. I’ve run Covert’s for years now and they are pretty darn reliable.

Re: Huge Deal on Moultrie Wireless Game Camera [Re: HuntinForTail] #7684164 12/09/19 03:30 PM
H
HuntinForTail Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
I set mine up Friday evening and I'll give yall my review so far. My only point of comparison is a more expensive covert code black and since they aren't apples to apples, I won't judge it against this.

Short version: If you don't have a cell camera yet and you don't need anything high dollar, buy this.

The moultrie camera doesn't have many functions on the camera itself. Basically just an on off button and some status lights. You set all your camera settings through the mobile app, which is super easy to use. Set up with the app took seconds and I did it from our camp on my cell phone. The app even has a lot of cool features that the Covert app does not.

My app is showing that my signal is fluctuating between 33% and 60% but it is still sending pictures reliably. It takes about 5 minutes or so to get the picture on my phone after the camera is triggered. I'm not sure if that's because of the weaker signal or not. Either way not a big deal.

The standard pictures are low res, and definitely lower res than my covert. It is decent enough to get a good idea of what is there, but you aren't going too much detail on the standard pics. If you have a picture you want more detail of, you can request a hi res photo but it counts as 35 regular pictures off your data plan. I haven't done this yet, so I'm not sure how much it improves the picture.

I have noticed blurry images in the early morning that i'm guessing is due to dew on the lens. I don't have this problem at all with the Covert, but it could be contributed to feeder location.

The data plan is paid monthly and you have the option to choose anywhere from 100 pics a month at $5.99 to 12,000 at $49.99. You pay each month whether you use the data or not, and you can suspend the service at any time.

Re: Huge Deal on Moultrie Wireless Game Camera [Re: HuntinForTail] #7690125 12/16/19 12:06 PM
Pootie Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Took mine back to Cabelas. Worked great for a week! Then the funeral notice ...

If you find yourself feeling useless, remember it took 20 years, trillions of dollars, and four presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban.

Sometimes the Universe puts you in the same situation again to see if you’re still a dumbass.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide