texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Matt_RetUSAF, ECA, maxj, Jakesclark08, Razorback87
68042 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 105,547
bill oxner 78,597
stxranchman 57,267
SnakeWrangler 55,759
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
Gravytrain 41,703
BMD 41,159
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics596,682
Posts11,208,271
Members83,042
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel #7679641 12/04/19 04:35 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,202
D
ducknbass Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,202

Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679648 12/04/19 04:46 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,101
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,101
didnt see that coming bolt


[Linked Image]
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679657 12/04/19 04:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,446
T
TexasKC Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,446
I don't care how great the hunting is. You couldn't pay me to hunt in Mexico.


In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679666 12/04/19 05:03 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,991
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,991
angel watching them.


Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679670 12/04/19 05:06 PM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 11,029
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 11,029
You definitely have to be affiliated with the right cartel when hunting in Mexico.

Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679674 12/04/19 05:12 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 17,395
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 17,395
What a wild-arse story, especially the one detailed and one still dirty pickup! What a messed up situation down there. On the up side, it sounds like the Federales are trying like hell to do their job.

There was another story about this attack on the town - the governor of Coahuila (maybe I have the wrong state) initially said the cartel went into the U.S. and back down to surprise the Mexican town. He's since walked back that statement.

The U.S. has to do something about this situation. We don't need to know about it.


...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679677 12/04/19 05:14 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 35,268
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 35,268
Did I read that right in the article? The cartels drive around trucks with their name on the side like a company logo etc?

Never been probably never go.


It's hell eatin em live
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679679 12/04/19 05:14 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,101
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,101


[Linked Image]
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679685 12/04/19 05:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 17,395
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 17,395
29,000 killed there last year in cartel violence. You smoke dope or snort a line? You contributed to it.


...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: Creekrunner] #7679694 12/04/19 05:27 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,165
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,165

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
29,000 killed there last year in cartel violence. You smoke dope or snort a line? You contributed to it.


Vacation there, contribute to it.

Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679696 12/04/19 05:29 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 10,142
R
Ramball36 Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 10,142
Eat tamales contribute to it

Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: redchevy] #7679698 12/04/19 05:31 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,496
G
gtrich94 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,496
Originally Posted by redchevy
Did I read that right in the article? The cartels drive around trucks with their name on the side like a company logo etc?

Never been probably never go.


It's crazy isn't it. I've read a couple of articles in the past few weeks that show pictures of their trucks and they have the initials of the cartel painted on them in big letters. Not some cheap spray paint job, but professional looking labels like you would see on a company truck.

Last edited by gtrich94; 12/04/19 05:31 PM.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: Ramball36] #7679707 12/04/19 05:36 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 35,268
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 35,268
Originally Posted by Ramball36
Eat tamales contribute to it

Made my own tamales.... but they still contribute to my waistline frown


It's hell eatin em live
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: redchevy] #7679711 12/04/19 05:41 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 17,395
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 17,395
Originally Posted by redchevy
Originally Posted by Ramball36
Eat tamales contribute to it

Made my own tamales.... but they still contribute to my waistline frown


Delicious brand, made in San Antonio for me!

And then there's the Narcocorridos - Songs written about the cartels.






...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: Creekrunner] #7679719 12/04/19 05:46 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,101
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,101
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
29,000 killed there last year in cartel violence. You smoke dope or snort a line? You contributed to it.
their biggest money maker is child and sex trafficking. I agree dont do drugs kids but the issue is 10Xs bigger than that


[Linked Image]
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: Tin Head] #7679726 12/04/19 05:51 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 17,395
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 17,395
Originally Posted by Tin Head
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
29,000 killed there last year in cartel violence. You smoke dope or snort a line? You contributed to it.
their biggest money maker is child and sex trafficking. I agree dont do drugs kids but the issue is 10Xs bigger than that


Agreed.

There are priests in Ciudad Juárez that bless sicarios' bullets. 'Special place in hell...


...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: Creekrunner] #7679747 12/04/19 06:20 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,101
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,101
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by Tin Head
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
29,000 killed there last year in cartel violence. You smoke dope or snort a line? You contributed to it.
their biggest money maker is child and sex trafficking. I agree dont do drugs kids but the issue is 10Xs bigger than that


Agreed.

There are priests in Ciudad Juárez that bless sicarios' bullets. 'Special place in hell...

yeup !
Just for the record is not just those cathlolic priest , we have our own issues, but thats another story. Yes, special place in hell ,and they'd probably like that.


[Linked Image]
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679776 12/04/19 06:43 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,400
Greg Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,400
Glad everything ended up okay for them!

When I was 12 I flew alone to San Diego, met my Uncle and we drove and crossed the boarder just South of Yuma,AZ into a town called San Luis. We stayed in a hotel there and early the next morning we drove south along the Colorado River in his Toyota truck down old dirt roads in the middle of nowhere till we got to a lake. He had an Avon inflatable boat rolled up in a bag and a small outboard in the back of the truck that we pumped up and attached and away we went. It was like a maze of cat tails all around the edges of the lake with little channels cut through. There were blinds already built and decoys that were left out year round. Some of the best duck hunting I’ve ever done. They were everywhere! I even shot a cinnamon teal. We never saw anyone on the lake and it was kinda scary and eerie. My Uncle is 6’4” and a big dude, so it helped make me feel safe. He had been there years before so kinda knew where he was going.

The next day we drove south of Mexicali... again in the middle of nowhere through the alfalfa fields till we see this old Mexican worker on a tractor. We stopped the truck and he drove the tractor over to the fence line to meet is. He didn’t speak a lick of English and my Uncle’s Spanish was so-so. We showed him our guns in the back of the truck and said “faisanes” which means pheasant. He nodded. My Uncle reaches into his pocket and gave him probably $50 in cash, which he appreciated, but then my Uncle gave him 2 boxes of shotgun shells, and you would have thought we gave him gold bars. They couldn’t buy ammunition down there. He was super excited about that and left his tractor and jumped in the truck with us. Man he smelled bad. I still remember his name, Rafael Vailla. Anyway, he knew exactly where they were and took us straight to them. We walked out in the field maybe a hundred yards and hammered 4 big roosters and left. He thought we were crazy because that was all we shot. Each day on the way back to our hotel we would stop and give our birds to the poor people living alongside the Colorado River in little huts and they were more than happy to take them. I really felt for them because they were so dirty and poor. It was an amazing trip and when we got back to California, my Uncle had the only two birds we kept, my Cinnamon Teal and Pheasant, mounted and shipped to me here.

Looking back now at how dangerous that was almost gives me chills. We didn’t know a soul down there and were were pretty much trespassing on peoples land, using their blinds and decoys. Plus we had guns that we drove across the boarder. It was an amazing trip for a young 12 year old boy, and one I’ll never forget. Anyway, thought I’d share my Mexico hunting story with y’all. They sure have the birds down there!.[Linked Image]

Last edited by Greg; 12/04/19 07:26 PM. Reason: Found some pictures

Greg Horn | Realtor® CNHS, RCC
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices | PenFed Realty Texas
4280 West Main St., Suite 100 | Frisco, TX 75033
Cell: 214.492.3550
greg.horn@weknowtx.com
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679793 12/04/19 07:04 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,202
D
ducknbass Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,202
Good stuff Greg!

Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679800 12/04/19 07:13 PM
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1,373
R
rolyat.nosaj Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1,373
I love going to Mexico. I would hunt down there.

Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: Ramball36] #7679801 12/04/19 07:14 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,783
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,783
Originally Posted by PKnTX

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
29,000 killed there last year in cartel violence. You smoke dope or snort a line? You contributed to it.


Vacation there, contribute to it.


Originally Posted by Ramball36
Eat tamales contribute to it


Habla Espanol...contribute to it.

Last edited by HuntnFly67; 12/04/19 07:15 PM.
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HOF] #7679817 12/04/19 07:39 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 21,071
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 21,071
Crazy story.


To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: Creekrunner] #7679823 12/04/19 07:47 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 49,662
N
NORML as can be Offline
^^Cut the Cord^^
Offline
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 49,662
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
29,000 killed there last year in cartel violence. You smoke dope or snort a line? You contributed to it.

You eat at Taco Bell? You contributed to it.

Most of the weed most people smoke comes from California and Colorado only Reggie comes from Mexico, Everybody knows that..... cool2


.-- "TCNNF CURLF CRLBF VFF HEXO OGI CGC SNDL CRON APHA"

_=====___=________==-
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: HuntnFly67] #7679835 12/04/19 08:04 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,101
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,101
Originally Posted by HuntnFly67


Habla Espanol...contribute to it.

clap hammer


[Linked Image]
Re: Texas Deer Hunters Kidnapped by Cartel [Re: Greg] #7679862 12/04/19 09:07 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 10,882
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 10,882
Originally Posted by Greg
Glad everything ended up okay for them!

When I was 12 I flew alone to San Diego, met my Uncle and we drove and crossed the boarder just South of Yuma,AZ into a town called San Luis. We stayed in a hotel there and early the next morning we drove south along the Colorado River in his Toyota truck down old dirt roads in the middle of nowhere till we got to a lake. He had an Avon inflatable boat rolled up in a bag and a small outboard in the back of the truck that we pumped up and attached and away we went. It was like a maze of cat tails all around the edges of the lake with little channels cut through. There were blinds already built and decoys that were left out year round. Some of the best duck hunting I’ve ever done. They were everywhere! I even shot a cinnamon teal. We never saw anyone on the lake and it was kinda scary and eerie. My Uncle is 6’4” and a big dude, so it helped make me feel safe. He had been there years before so kinda knew where he was going.

The next day we drove south of Mexicali... again in the middle of nowhere through the alfalfa fields till we see this old Mexican worker on a tractor. We stopped the truck and he drove the tractor over to the fence line to meet is. He didn’t speak a lick of English and my Uncle’s Spanish was so-so. We showed him our guns in the back of the truck and said “faisanes” which means pheasant. He nodded. My Uncle reaches into his pocket and gave him probably $50 in cash, which he appreciated, but then my Uncle gave him 2 boxes of shotgun shells, and you would have thought we gave him gold bars. They couldn’t buy ammunition down there. He was super excited about that and left his tractor and jumped in the truck with us. Man he smelled bad. I still remember his name, Rafael Vailla. Anyway, he knew exactly where they were and took us straight to them. We walked out in the field maybe a hundred yards and hammered 4 big roosters and left. He thought we were crazy because that was all we shot. Each day on the way back to our hotel we would stop and give our birds to the poor people living alongside the Colorado River in little huts and they were more than happy to take them. I really felt for them because they were so dirty and poor. It was an amazing trip and when we got back to California, my Uncle had the only two birds we kept, my Cinnamon Teal and Pheasant, mounted and shipped to me here.

Looking back now at how dangerous that was almost gives me chills. We didn’t know a soul down there and were were pretty much trespassing on peoples land, using their blinds and decoys. Plus we had guns that we drove across the boarder. It was an amazing trip for a young 12 year old boy, and one I’ll never forget. Anyway, thought I’d share my Mexico hunting story with y’all. They sure have the birds down there!.[Linked Image]


Great story and pictures!


Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3