texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
rcjoutdoors, hetuck, Bomb City, Captcupcake, 87Oneshot
66189 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 95,814
bill oxner 61,015
stxranchman 55,458
SnakeWrangler 49,104
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,446
BMD 41,029
Big Orn 37,484
Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics444,161
Posts6,444,233
Members66,189
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Breakfast in the blind #7673778 11/27/19 02:06 PM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2,838
CharlieCTx Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2,838
Did everyone have hot Scrambled eggs and coffee this AM?
[Linked Image]

You really need to invest in a Jet Boil if you don’t have one, they are wonderful.

Waiting on the deer... Good luck today.

Charlie


Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: CharlieCTx] #7673785 11/27/19 02:12 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 46,126
BOBO the Clown Offline
decoy
Offline
decoy
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 46,126
I feel the MSR wind burner is a better stove and hunter friendlier company

Either or makes a huge difference in fixing hunger pains. Biscuits and Gravy is the bomb

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]






Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: CharlieCTx] #7673967 11/27/19 05:01 PM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2,838
CharlieCTx Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2,838
Bobo, so that’s exactly what I had. I have the Biscuits and Gravy pack to try next...

Hikers must be intended to be little folks as the serving size are 1.5 or 2 people as I can eat one by myself, no problem.

Charlie


Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: CharlieCTx] #7674202 11/27/19 10:41 PM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,568
J
Jimbo1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
J
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,568
I use my Buddy heater to heat up tamales, eggrolls or sausage and biscuits wrapped in foil. With a thermos of hot coffee.

Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: Jimbo1] #7674319 11/28/19 01:07 AM
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,964
F
flintknapper Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,964
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
I use my Buddy heater to heat up tamales, eggrolls or sausage and biscuits wrapped in foil. With a thermos of hot coffee.


I don't know why that has never occurred to me before...but its a great idea. Generally, I've eaten breakfast before I go hunting and I tend to concentrate on doing just that (hunting) when I am out. But on days when I put in 6-7 hours on a morning hunt...a late morning snack would hit the spot.

I have a Big Buddy heater in all of my stands (box blinds).


Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: CharlieCTx] #7674468 11/28/19 05:11 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,612
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,612
[Linked Image]

Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: CharlieCTx] #7674470 11/28/19 05:16 AM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,452
K
krmitchell Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,452
Breakfast tacos made the night before and wrapped in foil. Warm them up on the propane heater in the blind. Smells like an ihop but nothing like a hot breakfast.[Linked Image]

Last edited by krmitchell; 11/28/19 05:21 AM.
Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: CharlieCTx] #7674579 11/28/19 01:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,888
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,888
I opened a granola bar once while hunting with my daughter. I got a "look" from from her because of the wrapper noise. The first bite sounded like a gun shot "CRUNCH!" I was given a terrible thrashing later by a 12 year old girl that blamed me for not getting a deer.

Last season about 9:00 we figured everyone had returned to camp so we picked up our stuff and left. On the way back we had to pass by another blind and there was smoke coming out of it (never put your blind on the main road from camp).
We stopped in to say hi and apologize for not taking another route back. This guy had a whole kitchen going. He had a Coleman stove out and was frying bacon, cooking eggs, and tortillas, and loving life.


[Linked Image]
"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: CharlieCTx] #7674691 11/28/19 03:12 PM
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 666
P
pop r Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
P
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 666
clap

Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: Simple Searcher] #7674693 11/28/19 03:14 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 15,294
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 15,294
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher


Last season about 9:00 we figured everyone had returned to camp so we picked up our stuff and left. On the way back we had to pass by another blind and there was smoke coming out of it (never put your blind on the main road from camp).
We stopped in to say hi and apologize for not taking another route back. This guy had a whole kitchen going. He had a Coleman stove out and was frying bacon, cooking eggs, and tortillas, and loving life.


That’s awesome. I duck hunted with guys that cooked full on meals like that on the boat.


Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
"The Bigley Group"
Premier Legacy Real Estate, LLC.
www.PremierLegacyRealEstate.com
WDews@premierlegacyrealestate.com
214-356-2410

Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: CharlieCTx] #7675347 11/29/19 04:50 AM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2,838
CharlieCTx Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2,838
Judging from his pictures, I think Guy has a full-on kitchen in his duck boat.

Charlie


Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: CharlieCTx] #7675350 11/29/19 04:53 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 9,317
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 9,317
Bobos blind looks like my first efficiency apartment.

Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: Simple Searcher] #7675360 11/29/19 05:14 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,612
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,612
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
I opened a granola bar once while hunting with my daughter. I got a "look" from from her because of the wrapper noise. The first bite sounded like a gun shot "CRUNCH!" I was given a terrible thrashing later by a 12 year old girl that blamed me for not getting a deer.

Last season about 9:00 we figured everyone had returned to camp so we picked up our stuff and left. On the way back we had to pass by another blind and there was smoke coming out of it (never put your blind on the main road from camp).
We stopped in to say hi and apologize for not taking another route back. This guy had a whole kitchen going. He had a Coleman stove out and was frying bacon, cooking eggs, and tortillas, and loving life.


That's just plain rude. You cook, it is for everyone is our rule.

Re: Breakfast in the blind [Re: CharlieCTx] #7675720 11/29/19 10:06 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,867
W
wp75169 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,867
I’m having thanksgiving leftovers. That’s right, what’s left of a bottle of Booker’s from last night. I didn’t touch it then because I don’t drink with extended family, but it’s my time now. [Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3