Print Thread
Spypoint Link Micro #7633723 10/16/19 02:15 AM
S
SouthWestIron Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
S
Best $120 dollars I've spent yet. These have been performing for me very well. I've seen some nay sayers out there but I guess that comes with the territory. For the price point I've been more than impressed. We will see how they hold up but they do offer a 2 year warranty on these as well.

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: SouthWestIron] #7635770 10/18/19 12:05 PM
B
B_Man Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Southwest- it's not naysayers but just facts. Glad you have one that is working good for you.
I am on my 2nd camera now and it has as many problems. I guess if I stood on my porch and used my
I-phone and took a video of my camera not taking pictures while deer were at my feeder, or took a video
of the camera taking pictures when nothing was there that would have given you more proof. There were times
it did take pictures with wildlife like deer and turkey under my feeder but so intermittent. I tracked and wrote down
dates and times when there were animals under the feeder (right in front of the Spypoint Camera) and no pictures
and then I went online and did the chat with Spypoint technical help trying to get these problems resolved.
Two cameras and both had problems with their detection circuits. The price point for a cellular camera was awesome
but not if it doesn't work right it has very little value. People are not naysayers just telling you the truth based on their
experiences. This forum was to share knowledge and that's what we were doing. Again. it is good that your camera works.

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: SouthWestIron] #7636025 10/18/19 04:00 PM
S
soonersorlaters Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
We have 4 of them running now in our group. Added an external 12v battery/solar panel so no battery issues. They all performed as advertised. I'd like a little better pics via cell transmission but for the purpose they serve, they are perfect at that price point.

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: SouthWestIron] #7639126 10/22/19 07:22 PM
F
FoxTrot Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Mine is ok. I don't know if it misses pics or not. Battery life is terrible and the pics are a little blurry but it performs as expected for me.
I won mine on facebook

Originally Posted By: Chief Joe
I avoid Dick's and hope they fold.
Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: SouthWestIron] #7664692 11/17/19 08:52 PM
T
Tkshunting Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
For some reason ours have stopped sending pics. Batteries are good signal showing 4 out of 5 bars not sure what’s going on. Thought the action had stopped until I went and pulled the cards last week and had over 1500 pics. Tried to contact customer service that really don’t exist and hadn’t heard anything from them.

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: Tkshunting] #7664940 11/18/19 01:02 AM
7o8 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Yeah, gave up on customer service after a couple of months of sporadic email responses of “upgrade the software again and let us know if it works now.” Sometimes it would power up and send pictures other times it couldn’t see the SIM card and wouldn’t connect to the network. Gave up trying to get them to send me a replacement SIM to try and returned it.

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: Tkshunting] #7665301 11/18/19 01:47 PM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Tkshunting
For some reason ours have stopped sending pics. Batteries are good signal showing 4 out of 5 bars not sure what’s going on. Thought the action had stopped until I went and pulled the cards last week and had over 1500 pics. Tried to contact customer service that really don’t exist and hadn’t heard anything from them.

Go to the camera, turn it off, remove SD card, turn it back on, it forces it to connect for storage, leave it like this 30 minutes and see if it goes to working, it will be hit or miss.

The idea behind the micro was great, the implementation and support were abysmal at best. I fought with Spypoint for 2 months, returned both, one was replaced twice, the replacements didn't work out of the box. I had to get my credit card company to do a chargeback on the service plan. I went with Ridgetec and have been extremely happy, no issues since May except for a server outage that took a 1/2 day to fix. They have a missing image button, if the camera and app are out of sync on immage count, it will find and upload any missing images.

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: SouthWestIron] #7666245 11/19/19 03:39 AM
H
HLo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Mine worked great out of the box. Told a few friends about them and almost all of us had them stop working about the same time in October, with 70 percent or more battery life. A friend said he checked their website today and it says we have to download and upload onto the camera some new firmware update. I will try it and hope it works. I hope this is not a common theme or I may just have to use it like a regular game camera (Too expensive for that imo) or try to send back.

Last edited by HLo; 11/19/19 03:40 AM.

HLo
Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: SouthWestIron] #7667107 11/20/19 01:20 AM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
It's cellular, why can't they push the firmware over the cellular connection, several have that ability, it's not rocket science.

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: SouthWestIron] #7667273 11/20/19 04:10 AM
T
Tkshunting Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I’ve tried all of you guys suggestions still nothing. Think they will be going back to Bass Pro Shop. My old wildlife innovation worked better than this.

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: SouthWestIron] #7691102 12/17/19 02:39 PM
D
D-Box Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Just picked one up last night ($129 at Academy). I was shocked at the price, and YT reviews are generally good. I see in this thread, many have had issues, but hopefully firmware updates have resolved some of the issues. I set it up in the backyard last night and got a good shot of a coon. I do wish it would show the pics full screen in the app, and that it could notify via txt or email. I often have hogs and deer come to the feeder when I'm not in the blind, but am near by, so notification is important to me. I'll leave the old camera in place to compare and see how many animals are missed if any.

My thinking is that if it works well, I'll buy another for security around our hunting RV. Since the volume of pics will be very low, I can go with the free plan. That's cheap security (if it works).

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: D-Box] #7696412 12/23/19 03:24 AM
R
Ryan F. Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted by D-Box
Just picked one up last night ($129 at Academy). I was shocked at the price, and YT reviews are generally good. I see in this thread, many have had issues, but hopefully firmware updates have resolved some of the issues. I set it up in the backyard last night and got a good shot of a coon. I do wish it would show the pics full screen in the app, and that it could notify via txt or email. I often have hogs and deer come to the feeder when I'm not in the blind, but am near by, so notification is important to me. I'll leave the old camera in place to compare and see how many animals are missed if any.

My thinking is that if it works well, I'll buy another for security around our hunting RV. Since the volume of pics will be very low, I can go with the free plan. That's cheap security (if it works).

You can have it send you a notification every time it takes a picture. You have to change it on the settings. Having said that it will kill the batteries so it is best if you use a 12v system to do that. I have both of mine setup on 12v batteries and solar panels. I get pictures sent to my camera every time an animal shows up and it snaps a picture. I have gotten around 40 pictures just this evening.

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: SouthWestIron] #7699069 12/26/19 06:44 PM
D
D-Box Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
I was referring to a notification via text or email. I understand that the app can also notify real time, but I would rather have text or email.

I've been using the camera in my back yard for a couple of weeks now (4 acres in NW Houston). I got some nice pics of a huge buck, and a red fox this morning. In two weeks, the batteries are now at 47% with it set to immediate photo send and a delay of 5 min. I changed it today to once a day photo send and a 10 min delay.

My main complaint at this point is that the high res file on the memory card is no where near as high quality as my 4 year old Browning 10mp camera takes. The file size is less than 700 KB on the spypoint, where as the Browning file size is over 2500 KB, so if this is really a 10mp cam, they are doing some heavy compression.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: SouthWestIron] #7699070 12/26/19 06:45 PM
D
D-Box Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Also, the temperature is 10-15 degrees colder than the actual temp as you can see in the pics.

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: SouthWestIron] #7726705 01/23/20 10:17 PM
D
D-Box Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Any thoughts on the file size/quality of the JPGs stored on the card?

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: D-Box] #7726823 01/24/20 12:25 AM
S
SouthWestIron Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
S
I'm not really sure on the file size, the quality isn't as good as some I've seen, but again I digress to the price point of this celluar camera. For me they were worth it. Even though I didn't get to go hunting this year! bang

Re: Spypoint Link Micro [Re: D-Box] #7726825 01/24/20 12:26 AM
S
SouthWestIron Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by D-Box
I was referring to a notification via text or email. I understand that the app can also notify real time, but I would rather have text or email.

I've been using the camera in my back yard for a couple of weeks now (4 acres in NW Houston). I got some nice pics of a huge buck, and a red fox this morning. In two weeks, the batteries are now at 47% with it set to immediate photo send and a delay of 5 min. I changed it today to once a day photo send and a 10 min delay.

My main complaint at this point is that the high res file on the memory card is no where near as high quality as my 4 year old Browning 10mp camera takes. The file size is less than 700 KB on the spypoint, where as the Browning file size is over 2500 KB, so if this is really a 10mp cam, they are doing some heavy compression.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

To me those are not bad pics at all. But I hear ya on the complaint.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide