Print Thread
Goose hunt recommendation?? #7666068 11/19/19 12:17 AM
S
ScrapIron Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
The wife has an incredible desire to go be cold wet and muddy!! She’s never been goose hunting but wants to go bad.
Any leads on a outfitter or guide here between Beaumont and corpus that will either accept 2 people as a group ( expect to pay more of course) or can mix a man and wife into a good group who won’t belittle and talk smack cause she’s a beginner?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Scrap iron; 11/19/19 12:17 AM.
Re: Goose hunt recommendation?? [Re: ScrapIron] #7666558 11/19/19 03:22 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It’s a sad day when we need to think about grown men belittling a new hunter in the blind, especially a woman.

I don’t know any guides in that area, but good luck.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Goose hunt recommendation?? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7667272 11/20/19 04:08 AM
S
ScrapIron Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
It happened. We got thrown in on her first ever duck hunt with a group of 4 others because it was a 4 person minimum and I took that chance. She really enjoyed it until the “pro duck commander wanna be guys” started complaining she couldn’t hit a few and it really kinda pissed me off.
She tried and still try’s hard. I recently had her take a series of lessons on wing shooting and she’s better than most people I know now.

Re: Goose hunt recommendation?? [Re: ScrapIron] #7667281 11/20/19 04:21 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Man, I can make her coldest and wettest goose hunting dreams come true. Head to ElCampo and hunt the rice fields.

Tomorrow I’ll find who we hunted with this year.

Last edited by BigPig; 11/20/19 04:22 AM.
Re: Goose hunt recommendation?? [Re: ScrapIron] #7667310 11/20/19 05:40 AM
J
jnd59 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Scrap iron
It happened. We got thrown in on her first ever duck hunt with a group of 4 others because it was a 4 person minimum and I took that chance. She really enjoyed it until the “pro duck commander wanna be guys” started complaining she couldn’t hit a few and it really kinda pissed me off.
She tried and still try’s hard. I recently had her take a series of lessons on wing shooting and she’s better than most people I know now.

Gunstock up side of the head. What's it to them if she is learning. Guides gonna earn his money and if the others have their limit they can just walk their smarta**es back to the truck. If it's a guide he should know better. Tip goes down when serious insults start flying. If it's the other hunters they're probably just mad they had to share a blind. Still, no sense in insulting people.

No matter how high a duck flies a hammer still breaks a window.
Re: Goose hunt recommendation?? [Re: jnd59] #7668148 11/20/19 11:09 PM
T
TDH Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted by jnd59

Gunstock up side of the head. What's it to them if she is learning. Guides gonna earn his money and if the others have their limit they can just walk their smarta**es back to the truck. If it's a guide he should know better. Tip goes down when serious insults start flying. If it's the other hunters they're probably just mad they had to share a blind. Still, no sense in insulting people.

This.
I'm not going to let anyone, much less strangers, talk crap about or to my wife. I promise that we'd have had a "come to Jesus" meeting...

Re: Goose hunt recommendation?? [Re: TDH] #7668152 11/20/19 11:13 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TDH
Originally Posted by jnd59

This.
I'm not going to let anyone, much less strangers, talk crap about or to my wife. I promise that we'd have had a "come to Jesus" meeting...

Yep. I don't do well with "negative motivation"; and if it was directed at my wife, well, let's just say I'm gonna need bail money. I want to do a goose/duck hunt not too far from the house, like El Campo, and y'all are certainly welcome to tag along with whoever I get together in a group. I can't hit the broadside of a barn with a scatter gun...from inside the barn.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide