Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: titan2232] #7649059 11/01/19 12:45 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by titan2232
I believe that was our previous argument. He bore sighted, zeroed, and went hunting with only four shots. Never bothering to shoot for a group.

It was a while ago so can't recall exactly

I politely recommended letting it cool after the first three, shoot three, cool, shoot three. That's only 9 rounds, and is the minimum fouling I will do to a new barrel. I have seen them walk around on each group. I've seen some rifles take 20 rounds to behave themselves. He was hearing none of it.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: redchevy] #7649251 11/01/19 03:51 PM
R
Rock Rancher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Originally Posted by redchevy

When he left I as politely as possible told him I didn't think he should have a key to the lock on our gate and would appreciate it if he didn't use it again.

I'm curious how that went over. Please do tell.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: Rock Rancher] #7649254 11/01/19 03:56 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Rock Rancher

When he left I as politely as possible told him I didn't think he should have a key to the lock on our gate and would appreciate it if he didn't use it again.

Smooth as glass. Im not sure about the legality of it in the first place, not sure he was either. I know wardens have the right to enter property that they believe hunting is taking place on, but im pretty sure having a power company lock key is off color.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7649305 11/01/19 04:27 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I got no comment on the warning ticket. But I will say, I keep a headlamp and spare batteries everywhere I go. Saves a lot of trouble.

Energizer makes some of the brightest headlamps I have used and they are dirt cheap. Toss one under the back seat of the pickup with a spare set of batteries and forget about it. Same place I keep the old single shot 12 gauge and a cheap little shakespeare dock pole, the spinning combo. It will be there when you need it.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7649422 11/01/19 08:04 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
The GW should have taken the deer, your hunting license, gun and left you a ticket.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7649461 11/01/19 08:41 PM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
The GW should have taken the deer, your hunting license, gun and left you a ticket.

Then hung him by the gonads, peeled his skin off in small strips and thrown salt on him, right? Pffffft.....come on. Game Warden did the right thing.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7649535 11/01/19 10:18 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj

Right on........that's how you stop crime.........a week in jail too.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7649615 11/02/19 12:01 AM
R
rolyat.nosaj Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
Ok, maybe just a warning.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: redchevy] #7649622 11/02/19 12:07 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Smooth as glass. Im not sure about the legality of it in the first place, not sure he was either. I know wardens have the right to enter property that they believe hunting is taking place on, but im pretty sure having a power company lock key is off color.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-fields_doctrine

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7649649 11/02/19 12:34 AM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Jesus, this thread's like a turd that won't flush.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: skinnerback] #7649659 11/02/19 12:47 AM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted by skinnerback

This. The OP got his laugh.

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: redchevy] #7652788 11/05/19 04:19 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sniper John
Originally Posted by DH3
A couple seasons back, I shot a buck at dusk. He ran off and I was able to see a lot of blood on the ground before my flashlight quit.
I got in my truck and headed to my cabin to retrieve a working flashlight; half way there, my grandson met me in his truck and asked what's up.
I told him and he said that his light was working O.K. and he would find my deer.
10 minutes later, he showed up at the cabin with the buck and hung him on my skinning rig. I sat down at a table in the cabin and started filling out my tag.
Now a game warden shows up and comes into the cabin, after introductions, he asks what I am doing.
Its pretty obvious what I was doing, he saw me when he walked in the door while I was filling out my tag.
He gives me a lot of s___ about the need to fill out and attach my tag, IMMEDIATELY after the kill.
Pretty hard to do with no light,...
He wrote me a "warning" ticket.
I thought that he was over efficious.,and told him so.
What say you??

You shot a buck that ran off. On the way back to camp to get a flashlight you meet your grandson who has a light. You go on to camp and hang out while your grandson alone goes to your stand to track a deer that ran off, find the deer, by himself load up the deer, then drive back to the cabin with it. Is that the way I read this?

There are two sides to every story. I don't know the op from adam, but I can definitely see a potential other side. You see him being a lazy pos, I see him as having a grandson that was raised right. As a teen in the same position I would have told my Opie, God rest his soul, to get back to camp get a cup of coffee and I'd have his deer there in a jiffy.

Great point. Good on you and his grandkids for doing the right thing and retrieving the deer. Grandpa, in this case, should’ve done the right thing and handed the grandson the filled tag before they separated and it would’ve been a much more believable story and probably would’ve avoided the warning.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7653066 11/05/19 08:51 PM
S
sbushee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I think you’re more upset about being dressed down in front of your grandson

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: redchevy] #7653097 11/05/19 09:11 PM
Adchunts Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker

Well...here is the code relating to that subject:

Sec. 12.103. ENTERING LAND; USE OF INFORMATION OBTAINED BY ENTRY; CIVIL PENALTY. (a) To enforce the game and fish laws of the state and to conduct scientific investigations and research regarding wild game or fish, an authorized employee of the department may enter on any land or water where wild game or fish are known to range or stray. No action may be sustained against an employee of the department to prevent his entering on land or water when acting in his official capacity as described by this subsection.
(b) Except as provided by Subsection (d), the department may use information collected by an employee of the department on privately owned land only for the purposes of scientific investigations and research described in Subsection (a) and only if authorized in writing by the landowner or the landowner's agent. Unless the department first obtains the written consent of the landowner or the landowner's agent, the department may not:
(1) use other incidental information obtained on the land that does not pertain directly to the investigation or research authorized under Subsection (a); or
(2) enter or permit the entry of any information that does not pertain directly to the investigation or research authorized under Subsection (a), into a database:
(A) maintained by the department and available to a person other than a department employee;
(B) maintained by a natural heritage program administered by the department; or
(C) established and maintained by any other person.
(c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), information collected under this section may only be reported or compiled in a manner that prevents the identification of an individual parcel or specific parcels of private property without the written consent of the landowner or the landowner's agent.
(d) The department may collect and enter data as necessary relating to the occurrence or harvest of natural resources in public land or water. The department may collect and report standardized annual wildlife survey information required by the Pitman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act (16 U.S.C. Section 669 et seq.).
(e) The department is liable to a private landowner for a civil penalty in the amount of $1,000 for a violation of this section involving information collected by an employee of the department on the landowner's property. A landowner may bring suit to collect the penalty in the county in which the land is located or the county in which the landowner resides.

Acts 1975, 64th Leg., p. 1405, ch. 545, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1975. Amended by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 521, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

Full text here:

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PW/htm/PW.12.htm#12.102

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7653731 11/06/19 02:32 PM
H
huntindude Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
What does your grandson think of the situation?

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: decook] #7653800 11/06/19 03:30 PM
L
LovinLakeLife Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted by decook
Originally Posted by skinnerback

This. The OP got his laugh.

This for sure

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7655537 11/08/19 01:50 AM
B
bossbowman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DH3
A couple seasons back, I shot a buck at dusk. He ran off and I was able to see a lot of blood on the ground before my flashlight quit.
I got in my truck and headed to my cabin to retrieve a working flashlight; half way there, my grandson met me in his truck and asked what's up.
I told him and he said that his light was working O.K. and he would find my deer.
10 minutes later, he showed up at the cabin with the buck and hung him on my skinning rig. I sat down at a table in the cabin and started filling out my tag.
Now a game warden shows up and comes into the cabin, after introductions, he asks what I am doing.
Its pretty obvious what I was doing, he saw me when he walked in the door while I was filling out my tag.
He gives me a lot of s___ about the need to fill out and attach my tag, IMMEDIATELY after the kill.
Pretty hard to do with no light,...
He wrote me a "warning" ticket.
I thought that he was over efficious.,and told him so.
What say you??

I'm with the game warden too, your lucky you got away with a warning, many moons ago a friend of mine dragged his first archery deer to his truck before tagging it and he ended up getting a ticket and his deer taken. You tag them before even moving them after harvest.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7655628 11/08/19 03:13 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Maybe I’m doing it wrong. By I

1. Decide what type of deer I’m gonna shoot.

2. Pre fill out the tag.

3. Locate deer

4. Shoot deer

Saves a lot of problems.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7655640 11/08/19 03:25 AM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
5. Tag the deer before loading it up in the truck and carrying it back to the cabin and hanging it up to butcher.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7655694 11/08/19 04:42 AM
O
okietex Offline
Tracker
Tracker
O
This is what's wrong with the world. The man was acting in a good manor on his own land with good intent. Geesh it sounds like my wife got a hold of everyone's computer. Lets go back to why this is a law? Now, was he purposely violating the law for its intention?

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7655696 11/08/19 04:47 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
popcorn

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7655934 11/08/19 02:46 PM
J
jnd59 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
The warden cannot tell whether you shot the buck or your grandson shot the buck. He probably saw your grandson hang the untagged buck. For all he knows, your grandson shot the buck and is using your tag. If I were a warden, I would have given your grandson a ticket for possessing an untagged deer and confiscated the deer. The warden cannot tell your true intentions and what he saw was exactly what someone trying to circumvent the law would do. This is why the law exists that you must tag the deer immediately. I bet he has come upon this same situation several times. The rule is at the moment, not in the future or in the past. Unless he knew you shot the deer the assumption is you were both attempting to break the law.

Last edited by jnd59; 11/08/19 02:47 PM.

No matter how high a duck flies a hammer still breaks a window.
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: flintknapper] #7658968 11/11/19 11:02 PM
D
DH3 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
You just need to shut your dumbass mouth...Got It??

Old age and treachery beats youth and stupid every time!
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7658978 11/11/19 11:11 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
You started a thread and asked a question, then didn't like some or any of the answers you got,,, and someone besides you should shut their mouth....

No matter the situation or circumstances;
A warning ticket is a much better outcome than a citation for an untagged deer in your possession..

End of story.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide