Print Thread
Rigged product reviews #7656627 11/09/19 03:20 AM
J
jetdad Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I ordered an air breather for my mule off Amazon. When I opened the box the filter was smashed and didn't seat right on the intake. P'od but too much trouble to return given the cost of the product. So I just went to the stealership and got another one. A few days later I got a request for a review from Amazon. In the review I merely stated what happened and that the box was not damaged so it must have been damaged when it was packaged. Well I got a reply that my review wouldn't be posted because the content didn't conform to the rules. Bottom line, it was negative so they weren't going to post it. I don't trust reviews and this confirmed to me they are fake. Do you pay ant attention to them?

Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: jetdad] #7656636 11/09/19 03:40 AM
L
Lazyjack Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Yes and no. Meaning , iI look at the average. I was taught years ago, to disregard the high and the low opinions, as they are not accurate but more of an emotional response.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: jetdad] #7656649 11/09/19 03:55 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
For most packages, I video the opening of the box all the way through, including pics of the item. If no problem, the video gets deleted. I have received stuff that I did not order, but looking at the tracking number I can figure out what I was supposed to have gotten and I can show them what I got. I had one guy question how was the item broken, I sent him the video, I got a refund the next day in Pay Pal.

As to the reviews, I read a few of the best and a few of the worst, sometimes the worst are written by idiots. I was wanting a mini table saw, a $30 POS, I knew it wasn't made to cut 2x4's but more of a craft saw for thin wood for inlay. One review, zero stars said the saw wouldn't cut a 2x4, but worked great on 1/4" thick stuff. He should have given it 5 stars. The saw is not made to cut 2x4's.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: jetdad] #7656659 11/09/19 04:14 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
There is a website verifies Amazon reviews m can't remember the name though

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: jetdad] #7656763 11/09/19 02:11 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Quite a few years ago I ordered some Maine Hunting boots. I figured, being from Maine, they would be warm and have good soles for hunting on rocky areas like my place. The ad said they would be good for both. My feet froze while wearing warm socks and I felt every rock I stepped on. So, I posted a negative review. It was gone from the site within 2 days.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: jetdad] #7656774 11/09/19 02:29 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I pay attention to them when I'm looking at products and I've seen a lot of negative reviews. I'd bet the reason yours was rejected was the fact it involved packaging. Amazon apparently stopped taking complaints about packaging a while back because they were getting hammered constantly.
I bought a scope a while back and it was just put in a bigger box with one small piece of bubble wrap. It would've been funny if I hadn't paid what I did for the scope. I was pissed and I spent a couple of hours trying to file a complaint about it, but in the end I was never able to do it because it involved packaging. They used to have a button on past orders for feedback about packaging but they took it away.
It appears they don't care how many negative comments are posted about the items, but they don't want to hear anything negative about their employees' piss poor performance.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: jetdad] #7656788 11/09/19 02:49 PM
J
jetdad Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J
"they don't want to hear anything negative about their employees' piss poor performance."

I think this was definitely the case in my situation. Just made me wonder how many negative reviews they don't post. I'm betting the percentage is much higher than I'd like to think.

Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: jetdad] #7656794 11/09/19 03:00 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
I read them, I look for realistic reviews both good and bad. I’ve posted several negatives reviews but never had one rejected.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: TCM3] #7656849 11/09/19 04:19 PM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by TCM3
There is a website verifies Amazon reviews m can't remember the name though

Fakespot.com

Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: jetdad] #7656851 11/09/19 04:29 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I get my reviews on THF. cheers

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: bill oxner] #7656880 11/09/19 05:10 PM
J
jetdad Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by bill oxner

I do the same. In the rifles, shotgun and handguns section, I'm seeking opinions on two handguns now. This is a great resource.

Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: jetdad] #7657494 11/10/19 02:47 PM
U
upsslim Offline
Tracker
Tracker
U
I tried to file a bad review on Angie's List about a contractor that screwed me. I sent the review in and got it back with a message that said they do not publish negative reviews. Last time I looked at that website.

East Texas
Patriot Guard Rider
Flag Captain
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: bill oxner] #7657501 11/10/19 02:57 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Yep.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7657514 11/10/19 03:03 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Yep.

Speaking of rigged

scared

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7657524 11/10/19 03:21 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Yep.

Going cordless on your recommendation changed my life.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: bill oxner] #7657569 11/10/19 04:16 PM
T
TPACK Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T

Yep.

Maybe you need to get out more Bill !!

Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: TPACK] #7657574 11/10/19 04:22 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TPACK

Yep.

Hunted quail up near Stephenville for sever years with a friend who had a ranch over near Desdemona. Any quail still out that way.

[Linked Image]

Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: jetdad] #7657627 11/10/19 05:26 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by TCM3

Yep.

Speaking of rigged

scared

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: bill oxner] #7657646 11/10/19 05:50 PM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by TPACK

Hunted quail up near Stephenville for sever years with a friend who had a ranch over near Desdemona. Any quail still out that way.

Nolan Ryan?

Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: jetdad] #7657686 11/10/19 06:22 PM
T
TPACK Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
I haven`t seen a quail around here in years. I have looked at thousands of pictures from game cameras at feeders and I have never seen 1 quail at a feeder either. Here is a recent article I did find about the county I live and hunt in.

https://www.quailresearch.org/erath-county-quail-restoration-project-progress-report/

Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7657709 11/10/19 06:54 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Yep.

This....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: Grizz] #7657763 11/10/19 08:06 PM
K
KK30RAR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Grizz
I pay attention to them when I'm looking at products and I've seen a lot of negative reviews. I'd bet the reason yours was rejected was the fact it involved packaging. Amazon apparently stopped taking complaints about packaging a while back because they were getting hammered constantly.
I bought a scope a while back and it was just put in a bigger box with one small piece of bubble wrap. It would've been funny if I hadn't paid what I did for the scope. I was pissed and I spent a couple of hours trying to file a complaint about it, but in the end I was never able to do it because it involved packaging. They used to have a button on past orders for feedback about packaging but they took it away.
It appears they don't care how many negative comments are posted about the items, but they don't want to hear anything negative about their employees' piss poor performance.

Employees pretty much have zero input on packaging it’s all predetermined by the company itself

Pulsar xq50 trail
Pulsar xq30f Helion
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: KK30RAR] #7657849 11/10/19 10:07 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by KK30RAR

Employees pretty much have zero input on packaging it’s all predetermined by the company itself

I understand what you're saying in general terms, but this is exactly what I saw when I opened the box (except the bubble was fully inflated). I'm putting that squarely on the employee who packed it. I had ordered the same scope maybe a month before and it was packaged correctly. I expect a hell of a lot more than that when I pay that much money for something.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Rigged product reviews [Re: Grizz] #7657879 11/10/19 10:44 PM
K
KK30RAR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted by KK30RAR

I understand what you're saying in general terms, but this is exactly what I saw when I opened the box (except the bubble was fully inflated). I'm putting that squarely on the employee who packed it. I had ordered the same scope maybe a month before and it was packaged correctly. I expect a hell of a lot more than that when I pay that much money for something.

[Linked Image]

I hear ya I’ve had the same type of packaging what a waste of a box and just asking for a damage

Pulsar xq50 trail
Pulsar xq30f Helion
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide