Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647324 10/30/19 06:48 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I feel certain we all know the laws regarding tagging the deer I know for a fact at least two of us are guilty of not tagging one till we get back to camp and I bet we are not alone. Ive been known to go hunting without a pen, evening hunt and morning hunt without a light etc. Im not one that feels like I need to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse and a bug out bag in tow when I go for a hunt on our family ranch. I think there are a lot of people that don't like to play nice with the OP and some holier than thou posts coming out.

I say consider yourself lucky you didn't get a ticket, he interpreted what was going on and decided you weren't a bad guy and gave you a warning to encourage you to do it more right next time.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647325 10/30/19 06:49 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
This thread has potential up

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: redchevy] #7647336 10/30/19 06:58 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by redchevy
I feel certain we all know the laws regarding tagging the deer I know for a fact at least two of us are guilty of not tagging one till we get back to camp and I bet we are not alone.

I've done it a few times, and had I been caught, I'd have expected at least a warning if not a ticket and would never waste my time sharing the story about how the big bad Game Warden was mean to me.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647353 10/30/19 07:15 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
If I get pulled over for speeding, and the officer gives me a warning, I say, "Thank you sir. I will watch my speed better" If a game warden gives me a warning for not tagging my deer properly, I will say, "Thank you sir, I will make sure to tag correctly next time". If you get pulled over for speeding, and receive a warning, do you complain about it? C'mon! It's the same thing.

Now, I did have a game warden that read me the riot act for not having my hunter safety card number printed on my hunting license. Huh? There is no law that says it must be printed on the license, just that you must have it with you...which I did. That pissed me off, because I had not broken any laws. Not even a small one. In your case, you broke a law. Was it a seemingly insignificant law? Yes. Were you attempting to do the right thing by filling out a tag and be within the law? Yes. But you were still outside of the law when he showed up. Thank him for his service and thank him for only giving you a warning.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647360 10/30/19 07:27 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I say you should have used your grandson's light, went to your deer and tagged it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is exactly what should have happened if his only source of light went bad.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

After reading the OP initial response and poor choice of big words I think the game warden should have written you a ticket and hopefully your Grandson would have learned a good life lesson on how not to act hammer

Originally Posted by DH3
A couple seasons back, I shot a buck at dusk. He ran off and I was able to see a lot of blood on the ground before my flashlight quit.

Now a game warden shows up and comes into the cabin, after introductions, he asks what I am doing.
Its pretty obvious what I was doing, he saw me when he walked in the door while I was filling out my tag.
He gives me a lot of s___ about the need to fill out and attach my tag, IMMEDIATELY after the kill.
Pretty hard to do with no light,...
He wrote me a "warning" ticket.
I thought that he was over efficious. ([ adjective ] producing or capable of producing an intended result or having a striking effect.),and told him so.
What say you??

texas flag

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647398 10/30/19 07:58 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
The sad part to me is that he has heard all the excuses of people trying to get away with something. If people just would follow the rules and use common sense, we wouldn’t have so many laws that seem nonsensical. Again, all these rules/situations we hear about on here are mostly because people try to get away with stuff.

Proverbs 2
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647408 10/30/19 08:02 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I would be curious to know on what grounds the OP didn't feel he deserved a warning or an outright ticket. He admitted to breaking the law. He admitted to involving his grandson in breaking the law.

Not only did he break the law and involve his grandson, but he had opportunity to have tagged the deer before the GW arrived but instead chose to perform other tasks with the deer (unloading it and getting it hung up to process). The tagging regulation isn't vague. So how was the game warden out of line??
https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/licenses/tagging-instructions/tagging-deer

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7647435 10/30/19 08:46 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
I would be curious to know on what grounds the OP didn't feel he deserved a warning or an outright ticket. He admitted to breaking the law. He admitted to involving his grandson in breaking the law.

Not only did he break the law and involve his grandson, but he had opportunity to have tagged the deer before the GW arrived but instead chose to perform other tasks with the deer (unloading it and getting it hung up to process). The tagging regulation isn't vague. So how was the game warden out of line??
https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/licenses/tagging-instructions/tagging-deer

Whoa, whoa,whoa....hold up there Sparkey....don’t you start muddying thugs up with facts... whip

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7647513 10/30/19 10:04 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy

Whoa, whoa,whoa....hold up there Sparkey....don’t you start muddying thugs up with facts... whip

roflmao

texas flag

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: J.G.] #7647516 10/30/19 10:09 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
You killed a deer when the sun was setting. It is 2019, there is zero excuse for not having a light on you for the evening hunt. In fact a hand held as well as a headlamp are both inexpensive, light weight, and available all over the place. Don't want to carry lights, dont hunt in the evening, because the deer must be tagged before moving the deer.

He has heard didn't have a light, didn't have a pen, didn't have a way of cutting out the date notches. If people do not want to comply to those rules they can stay at the house and not kill the state's deer.

right on

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7647570 10/30/19 10:54 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
So how was the game warden out of line??

Only one person out of line and it wasn't the game warden.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647585 10/30/19 11:07 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
All I care about is...did he ever move that dang ladder from under the feeder? That thing was driving me f'ing CRAZY! taz

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: Judd] #7647646 10/31/19 12:08 AM
R
Rock Rancher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Originally Posted by Judd
This thread has potential up

This gets my vote for comment of the week, heck maybe even month. I like it.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647686 10/31/19 12:56 AM
B
brokenpole Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Grandson shot the deer as far as I am concerned prove different to the GW

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7647691 10/31/19 12:59 AM
K
KyleW Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
That is an over zealous warden pulling a power move.

Doing his job is pulling a power move?

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: brokenpole] #7647693 10/31/19 01:03 AM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by brokenpole

So let the grandson get the ticket for an untagged deer? Literally passing the buck.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: TexFlip] #7647694 10/31/19 01:04 AM
B
brokenpole Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TexFlip
Originally Posted by brokenpole

So let the grandson get the ticket for an untagged deer? Literally passing the buck.

Somebody gets a ticket

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647720 10/31/19 01:29 AM
D
DeleteThisAccount Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Holy cow.... I've never seen such a large group of holier-than-thou saints gathered in one place before. Some of you armchair warriors talk about tagging as if God himself made the rule LOL

That said, the GW in this case did the right thing by not giving the OP a fine - so he wasn't being a$$, he was just doing his job - reminding you of the rules you need follow while hunting in the great state of Texas. Unfortunately, we live in a time when the government is always going to be up in your business, nothing you can do about it. Forget about it and move on.

Personally, I always tag according to the rules - because I'm just a person who follows the rules, even the stupid ones - but this particular rule is SUPER annoying for anyone who skins and quarters in the field. And let's be honest, it's a crap rule and shouldn't be a fine-able offense.

Last edited by Binary; 10/31/19 01:35 AM.
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DeleteThisAccount] #7647727 10/31/19 01:37 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Binary
Holy cow.... I've never seen such a large group of holier-than-thou saints gathered in one place before.

The irony is palpable.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: Creekrunner] #7647730 10/31/19 01:40 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Holy cow.... I've never seen such a large group of holier-than-thou saints gathered in one place before.

The irony is palpable.

Yep.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DeleteThisAccount] #7647767 10/31/19 02:09 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Fixed it for you.

Holy cow.... I've never seen such a large group of holier-than-thou saints gathered in one place before. Some of you armchair warriors talk about tagging as if God himself made the rules state law LOL

That said, the GW in this case did the right thing by not giving the OP a fine - so he wasn't being a$$, he was just doing his job - reminding you of the rules state law you need follow while hunting in the great state of Texas. Unfortunately, we live in a time when the government is always going to be up in your business, nothing you can do about it. Forget about it and move on.

Personally, I always tag according to the rules state law - because I'm just a person who follows the rules state law , even the stupid ones - but this particular rules state law is SUPER annoying for anyone who skins and quarters in the field. And let's be honest, it's a crap rules state law and shouldn't be a fine-able offense.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647778 10/31/19 02:16 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I get what’s going on here and agree with the sentiments by and large.

But, like redchevy said, y’all know anyone who deer hunts any amount has fractured that law a bit at one time or another......

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647784 10/31/19 02:22 AM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
To answer your question,,he was very courteous in giving you a warning, you should have been prepared in the field. Get over it. Your the type that deserved a real citation not a warning.

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647811 10/31/19 02:34 AM
W
woodduckhunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
did he technically break the law? yes. what real impact does this infraction have on deer or deer hunting? you be the judge. every hunter with the exception of about 9 holy rollers have broken the rules when it comes to deer hunting, kinda hard not to when there are literally pages of them.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: ntxtrapper] #7647827 10/31/19 02:47 AM
D
DeleteThisAccount Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Fixed it for you.

Awww, look at you... taking initiative and running around helping out ... such a good little squirrel, your wife trained you well. Come on over here and get your treat now.. LOL

Also....

All laws are rules, but not all rules are laws. ... what do they say about fixing things that ain't broken :P

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide