texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cthomas88, LoneStarCigar, MH blkdog, LUKE22, Little L
70570 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 110,643
bill oxner 91,416
SnakeWrangler 64,136
stxranchman 60,275
Gravytrain 46,950
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
BMD 41,241
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics616,115
Posts11,411,676
Members85,570
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7643576 10/27/19 01:56 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27,079
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
N
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27,079
I’m mostly surrounded by national forest but have one private neighbor (really just close landowner because not adjacent to me). They do a lot of shooting and even have pretty big get-togethers to shoot. But they shut all that down from Oct.-Dec. IDK if they deer hunt too or are just being considerate, but I’m grateful.


Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.


Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7643585 10/27/19 02:02 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,220
R
Rustler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,220
It is every bit as inconsiderate for a deer hunter to think he has priority over another persons actions on a different property that is hunting any other legal game, or controlling predators or feral pigs.
Actually doing whatever he wants on his own property as long as it isnt purposely harassing hunters.

Noisy neighbors benefit me, deer naturally move to areas with less human sounds & activity they see as unusual.
Meaning a whole bunch of them come over & hang around on our place.

The fence line thing has been going on since the very first blind or feeder hit the ground anywhere in the state.

There is always an interwebz Billy bob, trespass on a neighboring property with intent to do bodily harm to someone on it.
Sounds so cool if you're 14 or watch too many movies, equal chance your ignorant actions make it so you don't leave the property under your own power.

A simple stop & visit leaving any BA attitude at the gate could help, may not, that's just the way it goes.

Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7643587 10/27/19 02:02 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,868
G
GusWayne Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
G
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,868
I HAD a bad neighbor, I ended up moving...

I even spoke w them a few times about the issue

Eventually I had to be a bad neighbor to them, I could have been worse and it ranged near came to that

What pizzed me off the most was I had helped them get their cattle back prob 3 times in 2 years from my side.

Help them and they still turn out turds

They were clueless ding dongs


There is absolutely no reason to let dogs be dogs.

$1,200 dollars on a vet bill? Guessing here I just don’t get it. So glad I ran over my last dog and didn’t replace her.

Hudbone posted that....what a turd
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7643677 10/27/19 03:46 PM
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 9
C
Cd1248 Offline
Green Horn
Offline
Green Horn
C
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 9
Yep reminds me of Some Other property owners near us.

Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7643723 10/27/19 04:46 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,108
maximus_flavius Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,108
I can’t have sympathy for the small acreage guys who complain about their other, often smaller acreage neighbors.

It’s like people who move to an apartment & then complain about the neighbors making racket.

Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7643754 10/27/19 05:28 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,261
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
S
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,261
If it’s their land and they are breaking no laws, ya just have to deal with it. To think others are, or must do things the way you believe is very immature.

This has rings of a thread in the fishing forum where people actually said people who are fishing a tournament on public waters should have preference to fishing spots simply because they fish for a living. Some seriously said that.
To be so self absorbed is quiet humorous.


Proverbs 2
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: Sniper.270] #7643773 10/27/19 06:12 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 30,989
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 30,989
Quote
If it’s their land and they are breaking no laws, ya just have to deal with it.


I'm afraid your right! There are no laws on the books to keep a person from being an absolute jerk nor do I want there to be.


Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: HWY_MAN] #7643775 10/27/19 06:17 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,862
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
Offline
giddyup
F
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,862
It's a joke dummies


The wind in the wires made a tattle-tale sound
And a wave broke over the railing
And every man knew, as the captain did too
T’was the witch of September come stealin’
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: Sniper.270] #7643845 10/27/19 08:18 PM
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,405
F
flintknapper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
F
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,405
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
If it’s their land and they are breaking no laws, ya just have to deal with it. To think others are, or must do things the way you believe is very immature.


The trouble here is that some folks have difficulty separating what is 'lawful' from that which is 'considerate/courteous'. I thought the OP made it pretty plain he was asking opinions about other hunters being 'inconsiderate' under a very strict set of circumstances (opening weekend of Deer Season).

Everyone recognizes and concedes that another person is within their rights to conduct any 'lawful' activity they want on their own property at anytime. This however does not address the question of whether or not that would be considerate to your neighbors.

This is NOT a question for the courts...it is simply one that might affect your neighbor. So...it could also be argued that it is "immature" to selfishly regard ONLY your wants/interests over those of others (it works both ways). Yes, you can be dogmatic about 'It's MY property and I'll damn well do what I please', but I think you'll find you won't get along well with your neighbors.

The concept of being 'considerate/courteous' (not required by LAW) is based on respect for your fellow man and often times requires some relenting or sacrifice on your part.

Opening Weekend of Deer Season is a HUGE event in most parts of the country and certainly in Texas. It has a long history of being such. That doesn't mean the rest of the world has to stop what they are doing to accommodate hunters...but there are certain Social Norms and traditions in society that most of us try to adhere to. One of those being the acceptance of large/annual Statewide events and a general reluctance to interfere with the same .

Sadly...but increasingly...there is less thought given to how your actions (legal as they may be) may affect others, than is given to a persons own desires. I don't know if it thoughtlessness or is owing to a swing in self importance (its all about me). The issue of conflicting activities on neighboring properties is not something that will be solved anytime soon. The 'human' element will not allow for it, it seems.

And I'm sure it is wasted time to ask everyone to always be mindful of your actions....if those actions are likely to have an adverse effect on others.

While this subject (being inconsiderate of others) has always existed....I can tell you that it was much less common a problem when I was growing up, than it has become today. And I can't imagine it will get better. What does that say about us?


Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7643858 10/27/19 08:41 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27,079
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
N
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27,079
I’m as old school as they come. And I hate the stupid “If it’s legal it’s ethical” argument so many who can’t think for themselves throw out on various topics. And I have been an avid deer hunter for almost 50 years. And I own my own place. And it would cause me some dismay if I had a neighbor who chose to call varmints on the opening morning of deer season.

All that said, if I am being honest and fair, there is no objective reason why it’s “inconsiderate” for one man to hunt what he prefers on his own land while at the same time another man hunts what he prefers on his own land. Neighbors or not doesn’t matter. Opening day or not doesn’t matter. Some prefer the 2nd or 3rd week of season or Thanksgiving to opening day (I do.) Does he need to check with you every time he wants to varmint hunt so as to not offend?

If you actually follow the logic out it’s ridiculous.


Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.


Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7643874 10/27/19 08:57 PM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 13,179
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 13,179
Would the same argument apply to shooting pigs or even turkeys on opening day?


FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7643875 10/27/19 08:58 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 14,644
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 14,644
If they were a few hundred yards in their place it really wouldn’t bother me. I don’t hunt feeders so if they’re being loud in one area I have several spots I could move to if I think it’s affecting my hunting. NP made a good point. MLD, bow, youth weekend, rifle opener, are they supposed to check with you each time? You have two+ months to hunt, life goes on. I can understand and forgive it even more if they’re leasers and cant be there at off times so they’re using their little free time to do what they enjoy.


[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7643950 10/27/19 10:07 PM
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 407
D
DeleteThisAccount Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
D
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 407
Inconsiderate: not thinking or worrying about other people or their feelings. - Cambridge Dictionary

The vast majority of every action that each of us takes on a daily basis is taken without "...thinking or worrying about other people or their feelings". Not saying that every action we take has any direct or meaningful impact on another person that should be considered - just pointing out that we all exist in our own little worlds and that being inconsiderate is our natural state. It's obviously nice when someone is considerate but it shouldn't ever be expected. People tend to be the least inconsiderate around family or friends and even still are mostly inconsiderate.

Also noteworthy that in the specific instance being addressed in this thread - it's very possible the neighbor actually did consider the effect of their actions on the OP and determined that their actions wouldn't affect the OP; OR determined their actions would effect the OP and did it anyways. But as long as they actually considered the effect of their actions on the OP, their actions weren't inconsiderate.

Perhaps the better question would have been to ask whether the neighbor was being an a$$hole. A$$hole: "a stupid, irritating, or contemptible person."

With that said - I otherwise agree with the spirit of what NP stated.


Last edited by Binary; 10/27/19 10:18 PM.
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: DeleteThisAccount] #7644190 10/28/19 01:13 AM
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,405
F
flintknapper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
F
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,405
Originally Posted by Binary
Inconsiderate: not thinking or worrying about other people or their feelings. - Cambridge Dictionary

Perhaps the better question would have been to ask whether the neighbor was being an a$$hole. A$$hole: "a stupid, irritating, or contemptible person."




I fail to follow the logic in that?

IF being inconsiderate is of no real concern then why should being an A-hole bother anyone, since one usually precedes the other and BOTH are legal and well within your 'rights'?

Last edited by flintknapper; 10/28/19 01:14 AM.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7644206 10/28/19 01:21 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,868
G
GusWayne Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
G
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,868
Regardless of all the other posts...

If it bothers you enough, speak with them

Go from there.

If that don’t work, up your game...legally of course.

Playing beside ding dongs sucks.


There is absolutely no reason to let dogs be dogs.

$1,200 dollars on a vet bill? Guessing here I just don’t get it. So glad I ran over my last dog and didn’t replace her.

Hudbone posted that....what a turd
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: flintknapper] #7644233 10/28/19 01:38 AM
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 407
D
DeleteThisAccount Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
D
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 407
Originally Posted by flintknapper
IF being inconsiderate is of no real concern...


Those aren't my words - I said nothing that could even kind of be interpreted as that. I simply said that being inconsiderate is the natural state of people - that is very different than saying it's "of no real concern".

And then, concerning the specific OP question - noted that the OPs neighbor may not have been inconsiderate at all (impossible to know whether he considered how his actions would affect the OP, without asking him) and I then implied that he may just be an a$$hole.

Originally Posted by flintknapper
...then why should being an A-hole bother anyone, since one usually precedes the other and BOTH are legal and well within your 'rights'?


I would offer that being inconsiderate and being an a$$hole are not as closely related as you suggest. Certainly an inconsiderate person CAN be an a$$hole, but so can a person who is not inconsiderate. In the current example, if the OP's neighbor considered how his actions might effect the OP, then he is certainly NOT inconsiderate (because he thought/worried about the OP and how they would feel about their actions). Now, if after considering how his actions might effect the OP, he came to the determination that his actions wouldn't negatively effect the OP or that the OP wouldn't mind (whether he was right or wrong), then he also isn't intentionally being an a$$hole. Now, if after considering how his actions might effect the OP, he came to the determination that his actions would negatively effect the OP and took those actions anyway, then he is intentionlly being an a$$hole.

So essentially, being inconsiderate does not = being an a$$hole. And not being inconsiderate does not = not being an a$$hole.

I would actually propose that half of the a$$holes out there are not inconsiderate - they very much consider the feelings of other people and how their actions will effect those feelings and then choose their actions for the sole purpose of being an A$$hole.

Last edited by Binary; 10/28/19 01:51 AM.
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: DeleteThisAccount] #7644248 10/28/19 01:45 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27,079
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
N
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27,079
Originally Posted by Binary
Originally Posted by flintknapper
IF being inconsiderate is of no real concern...


Those aren't my words - I said nothing that could even kind of be interpreted as that. I simply said that being inconsiderate is the natural state of people - that is very different than saying it's "of no real concern".

And then, concerning the specific OP question - noted that the OPs neighbor may not have been inconsiderate at all (impossible to know whether he considered how his actions would affect the OP, without asking him) and I then implied that he may just be an a$$hole.

Originally Posted by flintknapper
...then why should being an A-hole bother anyone, since one usually precedes the other and BOTH are legal and well within your 'rights'?


I would offer that being inconsiderate and being an a$$hole are not as closely related as you suggest. Certainly an inconsiderate person CAN be an a$$hole, but so can a person who is not inconsiderate. In the current example, if the OP's neighbor considered how his actions might effect the OP, then he is certainly NOT inconsiderate (because he thought/worried about the OP and how they would feeling about their actions). Now, if after considering how his actions might effect the OP, he came to the determination that his actions wouldn't negatively effect the OP (whether he was right or wrong), then he also isn't being an a$$hole. Now, if after considering how his actions might effect the OP, he came to the determination that his actions would negatively effect the OP and took those action anyway, then he is being an a$$hole.

So essentially, being inconsiderate does not = being an a$$hole. And not being inconsiderate does not = not being an [censored].

I would actually propose that half of the a$$holes out there are not inconsiderate - they very much consider the feelings of other people and how their actions will effect those feelings and then choose to actions for the sole purpose of being an A$$hole.


Lol I think your logic is technically sound. The rub is that most people equate being “inconsiderate” to connote more than simply not considering something, but to also carry with it negative intent/being an a** hole. That’s the context/implication the word almost carries when used.


Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.


Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7644252 10/28/19 01:49 AM
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 407
D
DeleteThisAccount Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
D
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 407
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
Lol I think your logic is technically sound. The rub is that most people equate being “inconsiderate” to connote more than simply not considering something, but to also carry with it negative intent/being an a** hole. That’s the context/implication the word almost carries when used.


LOL, I know, I was intentionally having a "Spock" moment and playing on a technical definition (with full awareness of common usage). Glad someone got it wink

Last edited by Binary; 10/28/19 01:54 AM.
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: DeleteThisAccount] #7644281 10/28/19 02:05 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27,079
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
N
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27,079
Originally Posted by Binary
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
Lol I think your logic is technically sound. The rub is that most people equate being “inconsiderate” to connote more than simply not considering something, but to also carry with it negative intent/being an a** hole. That’s the context/implication the word almost carries when used.


LOL, I know, I was intentionally having a "Spock" moment and playing on a technical definition (with full awareness of common usage). Glad someone got it wink


Well, you sure gave me my brain exercise for the day anyway. smile


Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.


Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: DeleteThisAccount] #7644324 10/28/19 02:51 AM
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,405
F
flintknapper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
F
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,405
Originally Posted by Binary
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
Lol I think your logic is technically sound. The rub is that most people equate being “inconsiderate” to connote more than simply not considering something, but to also carry with it negative intent/being an a** hole. That’s the context/implication the word almost carries when used.


LOL, I know, I was intentionally having a "Spock" moment and playing on a technical definition (with full awareness of common usage). Glad someone got it wink


Yes, and it added so much to the conversation. rolleyes

A practiced lawyer could have done no better if trying to confound a jury.

Allow to me present a real world example of what I would consider being 'inconsiderate':

Bear with me as I set the stage.

Most of the properties where I live (Deep East Texas) are modest sized farms/ranches. Most around 500 acres in size some larger....but few over 1,000 acres (small properties by most accounts). The majority of land owners here live on the property they own (me included). Most properties are owned by families (or decedents) that have been in this area for many years (making neighbor relationships important).

Each year (sometimes more than once) I hold a shooting event at my place and ask all participants to donate money to be given to a pre-chosen charity ( a family in need, women's shelter, animal rescue, etc..). I have my own shooting range with various steel targets, IDPA cardboard targets and so on. We also are set up to shoot skeet. The event typically lasts the better part of a day and generates a good amount of noise as you might expect.

I have the range set up as far away as possible from my neighbors property lines and homes. I hold the event in the early summer for a variety of reasons. It is generally HOT when we do this. A MUCH better time to hold it would be in the cooler months. So lets imagine a scenario where I chose to make things easy on myself.

Say for instance...instead of having the shoot in the summer (hot weather) I chose instead to have it the first week of November (coinciding with the opener of deer season). Much cooler weather and I can invite certain of the group to just stay and go hunting as well. And then say instead of setting up targets on my range, I decide it would be so much more convenient to do it closer to my home. That way we have the house available with A/C, Heat, Bathrooms, etc... all right there. Yeah, it's close the road, and yes it's the closest point to two of my neighbors, but what the heck....it's MY property, I'll do what I want.

Never-mind they have been preparing all summer (some all year) for the opening of deer season. Never-mind that most places the first couple of weeks in November also sees bucks in pre-rut/rut. It shouldn't concern me that MANY folks (relatives or others) have traveled many miles, taken off work, made plans, changed schedules for this special yearly event. It's MY property and if I want to shoot right next to the property line the whole damn day I will......, right?

I don't do this because I recognize it would certainly disturb the activities of others. And I consider their time sensitive activity to be more important than something I can do later. I also predator hunt from time to time as do some of my neighbors. None of us do it during the first two weeks of deer season. On a larger property..it wouldn't be an issue. We don't have folks shooting guns all during the mid-day back in camp, we don't have kids racing ATV's up and down the ranch roads. We generally do everything we can to NOT disturb/disrupt the wildlife at least the first two weeks.

This doesn't mean nothing but deer can be hunted at this time (less it be deemed inconsiderate), but it does mean some careful thought should given to HOW you conduct a chosen activity so that you minimize the possibility of disturbing your neighbor (anytime of the year). It doesn't require any protracted stretching and twisting of words (semantics). We aren't making Taffy. We all know (or should know) when someone is being inconsiderate. Don't be knowingly inconsiderate.


Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7644333 10/28/19 02:55 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 28,366
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 28,366
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
I’m as old school as they come. And I hate the stupid “If it’s legal it’s ethical” argument so many who can’t think for themselves throw out on various topics. And I have been an avid deer hunter for almost 50 years. And I own my own place. And it would cause me some dismay if I had a neighbor who chose to call varmints on the opening morning of deer season.

All that said, if I am being honest and fair, there is no objective reason why it’s “inconsiderate” for one man to hunt what he prefers on his own land while at the same time another man hunts what he prefers on his own land. Neighbors or not doesn’t matter. Opening day or not doesn’t matter. Some prefer the 2nd or 3rd week of season or Thanksgiving to opening day (I do.) Does he need to check with you every time he wants to varmint hunt so as to not offend?

If you actually follow the logic out it’s ridiculous.


Exactly. It’s as if deer hunters put themselves above other hunters. Surely not.....

Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: flintknapper] #7644337 10/28/19 02:57 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 28,366
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 28,366
Originally Posted by flintknapper
Originally Posted by Binary
Inconsiderate: not thinking or worrying about other people or their feelings. - Cambridge Dictionary

Perhaps the better question would have been to ask whether the neighbor was being an a$$hole. A$$hole: "a stupid, irritating, or contemptible person."




I fail to follow the logic in that?

IF being inconsiderate is of no real concern then why should being an A-hole bother anyone, since one usually precedes the other and BOTH are legal and well within your 'rights'?


You followed a statement with a question mark, therefore, your argument is null and void.

Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7644348 10/28/19 03:13 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27,079
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
N
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27,079
That’s all well and good flintknapper and I grew up in east TX and my place is in east TX also and I also think just like you do and would do all I could to not mess up deer hunting for my neighbors. Just like you do. I have been a deer hunter all my life and take it pretty damn seriously on my place. Always have.

BUT all that is a bonus.

There’s really no world in which all of that is required to not be called “inconsiderate”. If someone wants to hunt varmints on their own land IMO they should be able to do so whenever they want to. Guess what? It’s a big world. Not everyone thinks alike. The whole world doesn’t exist just for certain groups who think alike. They may love varmint hunting and think all those pesky deer hunters are messing up their varmint hunting. Is it a crime to prefer varmint hunting over deer hunting? At the end of the day, is there even anything remotely wrong with it?

There is a fine line between calling others “inconsiderate”, when it may be more themselves being myopic and/or even selfish.

P.S. You say you have a shooting range. It would probably annoy me if my neighbor had a shooting range and all that goes with that. Maybe even enough to get another place. But could I honestly say he was being “inconsiderate” to have one and be shooting all the time? No. All shooting ranges have to be somewhere.

It annoys the hell out of me when my neighbors do all their dang target shooting. But, again, we are 8 miles out in the country and it’s their land. What better place to do it? Should target shooting in the country be outlawed just because it bothers me? Should all that do it be called “inconsiderate”?


Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.


Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: TPACK] #7644408 10/28/19 04:18 AM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 26,063
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 26,063
Way too much bitching and crying these days.

Re: Inconsiderate Hunters [Re: Sneaky] #7644412 10/28/19 04:23 AM
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,405
F
flintknapper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
F
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,405
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by flintknapper
Originally Posted by Binary
Inconsiderate: not thinking or worrying about other people or their feelings. - Cambridge Dictionary

Perhaps the better question would have been to ask whether the neighbor was being an a$$hole. A$$hole: "a stupid, irritating, or contemptible person."




I fail to follow the logic in that?

IF being inconsiderate is of no real concern then why should being an A-hole bother anyone, since one usually precedes the other and BOTH are legal and well within your 'rights'?


You followed a statement with a question mark, therefore, your argument is null and void.


Well....there ya go. Wasted my time. wink


Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3