Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I've got ducks... #7637025 10/20/19 11:30 AM
B
BradyBuck Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I don't know what it is about this place but every year I swear this place pulls every duck that's in Texas in October. Our best hunts are usually opening day when everybody else reports little to no numbers.

Maybe they'll stick around.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637058 10/20/19 12:57 PM
S
sallysue Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Wow

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637076 10/20/19 01:42 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
You'll have more coming down from us now, things are starting to freeze up. Last cold front pushed down some new ones so they should be on their way to you.

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637130 10/20/19 03:18 PM
C
Charlie817 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
up

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637483 10/21/19 12:17 AM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
If thats the place outside of lawn.....then good luck. Yall absolutely ruined the crane hunting in Southern Taylor county the year yall started hunting that place. Holy blown roost batman.

I've moved on to Greener pastures, but it was nice when I could hunt my own fields for cranes.

Edited to add: The hunting drops off after the first time you hunt it because It's the primary ROOST for ducks and cranes in the area.

Last edited by Elpatoloco; 10/21/19 12:31 AM.
Re: I've got ducks... [Re: Elpatoloco] #7637504 10/21/19 12:34 AM
B
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by Elpatoloco
If thats the place outside of lawn.....then good luck. Yall absolutely ruined the crane hunting in Southern Taylor county the year yall started hunting that place. Holy blown roost batman.

I've moved on to Greener pastures, but it was nice when I could hunt my own fields for cranes.

Edited to add: The hunting drops off after the first time you hunt it because It's the primary ROOST for ducks and cranes in the area.

I've seen crane on it one time in 8 years but keep on crying about it as usual. There has not been one crane shot off that lake in 9+ years

This lake is not used as roost most years either. At times it has been but typically it's a feeding lake. I've been watching this lake for 9 years now. Ducks come in from the north, presumably from the lake just south of Lawn or possibly lake Abilene.

And I'll add that while we do have success early in the season we have had great hunts throughout the season and even into January.

Last edited by BradyBuck; 10/21/19 01:28 AM.

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637519 10/21/19 12:52 AM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
No sir, you are wrong.
You guys bump those birds out when you go in to set up. I have permission for neighboring properties and I hear them when you do it.

Keep burying your head in the sand. I've been hunting the area for 15 years. I could tell ya where the roost moves to after you blow it out, bit I'm afraid you would go and gunt it as well. All for hero pics on the internet.

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: Elpatoloco] #7637533 10/21/19 01:06 AM
B
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
No sir, you are wrong.
You guys bump those birds out when you go in to set up. I have permission for neighboring properties and I hear them when you do it.

Keep burying your head in the sand. I've been hunting the area for 15 years. I could tell ya where the roost moves to after you blow it out, bit I'm afraid you would go and gunt it as well. All for hero pics on the internet.

I've snuck in there dozens of times way before day light, scouting and didn't fire a shot, watched them pour in to feed.

But whatever man..keep on moving on to "greener pastures"

Last edited by BradyBuck; 10/21/19 01:29 AM.

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637537 10/21/19 01:16 AM
B
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
.....and the fact you think it's a crane roost really invalidates your thoughts. The only time I've seen cranes on that lake was in February and I'm out there all the time.

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637549 10/21/19 01:26 AM
B
bobcat1 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
popcorn

Bobby Barnett

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637553 10/21/19 01:28 AM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
roflmao popcorn

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637563 10/21/19 01:34 AM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
The only Good hunts you are having on that place are when fronts push new birds in and they roost there. Then yall blow them out. Cranes used to Cover Lawn and Tuscola before yall started hunting the place. Now, they gone. Roll your windows down on your truck when you are driving in. You will hear them fleeing. I deer hunt neighboring property and watch it all transpire.

I do nothing but chase cranes as far as fowl goes. I kind of have a clue what I speak of. You show your ignorance every single time you post those hero shots. Keep flappin your gums and I'll post the location and owner info of your honey hole. Im pretty positive that some folks from Dallas could wave enough money to get it leased.

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637567 10/21/19 01:40 AM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
The cranes have been in wheat field in lawn for a week. I'd imagine one of yall went in there is busted the roost with your pickup lights recently as they moved. Same crap every year now.

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: Elpatoloco] #7637568 10/21/19 01:40 AM
B
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
The only Good hunts you are having on that place are when fronts push new birds in and they roost there. Then yall blow them out. Cranes used to Cover Lawn and Tuscola before yall started hunting the place. Now, they gone. Roll your windows down on your truck when you are driving in. You will hear them fleeing. I deer hunt neighboring property and watch it all transpire.

I do nothing but chase cranes as far as fowl goes. I kind of have a clue what I speak of. You show your ignorance every single time you post those hero shots. Keep flappin your gums and I'll post the location and owner info of your honey hole. Im pretty positive that some folks from Dallas could wave enough money to get it leased.

Do what you've got to do.The only gum flapping going on is yours. We deer hunt the ranch and have never seen cranes coming into that lake or heard them when we duck hunt.

...and like i said I've literally walked in and watched ducks pour in there to feed dozens of times without hunting or bumping any off of it.

Keep on flapping gums and if it makes you feel better post up the coordinates.

Last edited by BradyBuck; 10/21/19 01:42 AM.

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637581 10/21/19 02:02 AM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
Originally Posted by BradyBuck

Do what you've got to do.The only gum flapping going on is yours. We deer hunt the ranch and have never seen cranes coming into that lake or heard them when we duck hunt.

...and like i said I've literally walked in and watched ducks pour in there to feed dozens of times without hunting or bumping any off of it.

No worries. I'll stop in and get Mr. Adkins contact info next time I roll through.

Look at me! Look at all the birds I kill!

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: Elpatoloco] #7637583 10/21/19 02:03 AM
B
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B

No worries. I'll stop in and get Mr. Adkins contact info next time I roll through.

Showing your true colors. Have a nice day.

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637587 10/21/19 02:06 AM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E

Showing your true colors. Have a nice day.

You too Buckaroo!

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: Elpatoloco] #7637604 10/21/19 02:16 AM
H
HVILLE HNTR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H

So let me get this straight....If a property l legally have permission to hunt on allegedly happens to be a roost for a species l may or may not be targeting then l should not hunt on it because of the impact it could have on my neighbors???? This is ridiculous!!!!

Brady Buck - Enjoy your posts. Keep it up and don’t let this troll bring you down

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: Elpatoloco] #7637733 10/21/19 11:52 AM
68A Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

You sound like a jealous 5 yr old. If he has permission to hunt there, he can kill whatever he wants as long as he’s inside the law. If it were me, I’d start personally sending you pictures of every hunt just because I couldn’t care less what your opinion is. OP, shoot all the ducks you can. Send this snowflake into a meltdown

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637817 10/21/19 01:10 PM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Look at me! Look at the birds I kill! LOL.

Give me a break. Sounds like you’re the one with the “hero” complex.

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637851 10/21/19 01:38 PM
T
tophorsecop Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
T
"CRANE WARS"...New REALITY TV SHOW...or maybe "CAMO IS THE NEW ORANGE"...Reminds me of a desert stock tank I dove hunt out in AZ. The doves fly in by a single route...and 5-6 guys line up early every morning to take the incoming flight line, after they have blocked the access road with their trucks...So my family and I unload at the opposite end of the brush and then walk in and hunt the tank itself...the doves fly a circular pattern once they get near the tank...the other group called Mr. Green Jeans on us this past opening weekend...wanted the game warden to let us know it is illegal to hunt over a watering hole...wanted it to be called "baiting"...GW came in and checked us all...for licenses, plugs, birds in the bag...and wished us a good hunt...he got to see my old black lab Rae, retrieve 3 from the tank while he was there, then he went and ticketed the other group for littering...field stripping their birds...no hole, no bag, just dumped on the ground..."To feed the coyotes" was the excuse given .Taking game, where said game is present, with legal access granted and by legal means...the definition of hunting...

"Guns don't kill people, Guns kill dinner!"
Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BradyBuck] #7637876 10/21/19 02:06 PM
garrett Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
cool, private property hunting guys pounding their chest on how great of hunters they are

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: I've got ducks... [Re: garrett] #7637884 10/21/19 02:20 PM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
Originally Posted by garrett
cool, private property hunting guys pounding their chest on how great of hunters they are

Yep, and all that braggin bringing unwanted attention to the area. Thin skinned bunch. Yall take er easy. Damn sure cant take a joke.

Re: I've got ducks... [Re: garrett] #7637889 10/21/19 02:25 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

If sand hills only roost on water...why are they called sand hills...........

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: I've got ducks... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7637894 10/21/19 02:32 PM
E
Elpatoloco Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

If sand hills only roost on water...why are they called sand hills...........

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandhill_crane

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide