Print Thread
Nose Jammer #7633926 10/16/19 01:26 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
I have been a huge proponent and believer in "Just hunt the wind". I practice what I preach, don't buy into the scent free scams, and I hunt the wind. When I am hunting, it's not unheard of to go more than a few days without a bath, other than a smoke bath. Chad said something in another thread about Nose Jammer working well. I know that you can not eliminate human scent, however, I have used, and do use cover scent. Doe Pee on my boots mostly...so the Nose Jammer sounds plausable...I guess...Anyone else have experience with nose jammer?

Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7634294 10/16/19 06:17 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The Advertisement makes it look convincing, but thats probably not good then.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7634921 10/17/19 12:12 PM
R
retfuz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
" don't buy into the scent free scams, and I hunt the wind".

This.

Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7634949 10/17/19 12:54 PM
U
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
So, other than Chad, nobody else has used nose jammer? Or is nobody else willing to admit it?

Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7635000 10/17/19 01:44 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Like I stated in the other thread, I don't pump up a product unless it works. I've been a bow hunter for YEARS hunting deer and elk. I've always been busted using all the other cover scent, scent eliminating sprays, doe pee, buck pee, coon pee, whoever's pee. They never worked for me at all. I tried the Nose Jammer stuff, and it worked. I've been using it for at least 3-4 years now over multiple hunts per season. My rifle stand is on the two track road coming into my feeder. I often have bucks and does 5-10 yards in front of me during rifle season when I am the LEAST scent conscious. I use the Nose Jammer and the deer do not freak out. Sure they smell the product and stick their nose in the air smelling it. But they don't smell us and they hang around and go on about their way not alarmed. There are 3 other hunters on our place that use it when hunting in a ground blind or bow blind close to the feeder. It also works for them. I could go on and on about successful hunts due to that product. But... I am 100% sold on it and will keep using it. Why? Because it works for me, and works well.

Yes, I always try to hunt the wind no matter what. That's very important. But you can not always keep the wind in your favor when the wind shifts and swirls. I need protection from that issue.

The best items I've found that help me be scent free (or at least undetectable to deer) is my carbon suit and the Nose Jammer. Before Nose Jammer was available, the carbon suit I have helped the most. My old boss actually bought it for me as a hunting gift. And I still use it. I was able to get closer to deer and stay more scent free with that suit. I had some deer that would walk directly under me in my quad pod elevated blinds and hang out for a good while. Just my 2cents

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7635034 10/17/19 02:08 PM
C
ChrisB Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
There are three guys on my archery lease that swear by it. They all see plenty of deer and have told me about several times they have had deer downwind and very close and didn't get busted. I've tried some twice and both times had deer blow at me. Maybe I didn't use enough product to jam them?

Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7635059 10/17/19 02:29 PM
D
deewayne2003 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D

Honestly and feel free to laugh at me..... The first time I ever saw Nose Jammer, I noticed it smelled like vanilla extract and it reminded me of an old trick that an old Choctaw Indian showed me and I still use it today.

Seriously - Get a bottle of Adams best Vanilla extract, take some cotton balls and put them inside 35mm film containers(if you can still find them) and pour in enough of the vanilla to just wet the cotton balls.

Before I walk in I take a fresh cedar branch and chop it up with a hatchet(to make the oil & scent more pungent) and walk in, hanging the cedar branch near my stand for cover scent and I open the vanilla capsules (3-4 of them) and place them around me on the ground.

Go ahead and laugh all you want to.....

Re: Nose Jammer [Re: ChrisB] #7635069 10/17/19 02:36 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by ChrisB
Maybe I didn't use enough product to jam them?

Maybe you jammed too much............

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Nose Jammer [Re: deewayne2003] #7635076 10/17/19 02:41 PM
U
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by deewayne2003

Honestly and feel free to laugh at me..... The first time I ever saw Nose Jammer, I noticed it smelled like vanilla extract and it reminded me of an old trick that an old Choctaw Indian showed me and I still use it today.

Seriously - Get a bottle of Adams best Vanilla extract, take some cotton balls and put them inside 35mm film containers(if you can still find them) and pour in enough of the vanilla to just wet the cotton balls.

Before I walk in I take a fresh cedar branch and chop it up with a hatchet(to make the oil & scent more pungent) and walk in, hanging the cedar branch near my stand for cover scent and I open the vanilla capsules (3-4 of them) and place them around me on the ground.

Go ahead and laugh all you want to.....

I'm laughing with you. I have an old Indian friend too. He's Creek, and I hunt with him in OK. He's the one that told me to stand around the campfire in my underwear...so.....

Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7635278 10/17/19 07:03 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
I have at least 12-20 deer under my tree stand every day that I sit, some deer get alarmed but most don't. But, I hang my clothes outside and only sit when the wind is right.
I boiled acorns in a pot and strained the water and poured it in spray bottles for cover scent and spray my clothes. Took the boiled acorns and hung them in a tree by my stand in a drip bottle.
I would love to use something that would work all the time. Not sure that exists.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7635484 10/18/19 12:31 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
The scent eliminator products are a marketing gimmick, but they know hunters are generally gullible and will try most anything to get an advantage in the field. They may mask a very small % of human odor, but only a very small %. I've got a high priced hunting dog trainer acquaintance in the TX Panhandle test them all with his dogs, and the dogs will very easily find their target, even when the target is drenched with the scent lok stuff. Ever notice the hunting show clowns on TV who are paid to tell us how great the products are? Then they wait 4 days in order to get the wind right so they can hunt a specific stand? They know the stuff is a farce too when they're seriously trying to kill something on camera.

Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7635506 10/18/19 12:47 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I bow hunt with a longbow so I need to get close. I use pure skunk essence in a sealed container and open it (DOWNWIND OF ME) once I'm set up. It is so powerful and so rotten that deer don't have much of a chance to ever get a whiff of me. It also attracts predators so I've got a fair amount of coyotes and bobcats that came to the skunk scent cone.

Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7635518 10/18/19 12:56 AM
O
oldrancher Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
When I was a kid, Dad taught me to build a small fire in a brush blind and then put live oak bark on it to keep it smoldering. Deer would walk through the smoldering smoke and never smell us. That was in the day before fancy box blinds and tower blinds. Now I use skunk scent and use the 35mm film containers with cotton balls. Each box blind has several in it. We get in the blind and pop the lids off and set it in the down wind corner. It works pretty good since deer smell skunk in their natural environment. There is an orange container marketed that has a wick pull up. The key is not to let the grandkids fill the containers. Never fails, one of them will drop the skunk scent bottle in the blind and then everyone smells like skunk. NaNa sends everyone to the bath as soon as we get back to the house. roflmao

Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7635552 10/18/19 01:24 AM
T
TEXASLEFTY Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
I’ve used it for a few years... haven’t been busted yet.

Leave a bottle in every blind and it’s in my hunting backpack.

Since I started using it I’m not nearly as careful with scent control as I used to be either.

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7635626 10/18/19 02:45 AM
E
esnow74 Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
E
I hunt the wind but have been in stand and the wind shift. I've also hunted in an area that the wind always swirled but it was the best option. I used nose jammer on a bow hunt the first time about 4 years ago. Hunting the ground in the heat with a swirling wind. Sprayed it on my cover and all around. I arrowhead a 6.5 year old buck. Hunted that spot before in similar conditions being as scent free as one can be and everything that came in would not come all the way as they could catch a scent of something and at the time my preferred cover scent had been fresh cedar limbs. Since that hunt I have experimented with nose jammer with deer downwind and me stinking to holy heck with no alerts from deer. Does it work? I think it does and it definitely didn't hurt anything. The other guys I hunted with always used vanilla extract and nose jammer smells just like that but I typically saw more deer than they did. Of course it could have just been better spots. So for what it's worth, I'll continue to use it if I feel the wind could be an issue or when it is very calm.

Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7636103 10/18/19 05:59 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
I've used Nose Jammer on and off for going on 3 seasons. Hard to say whether or not it truly makes a difference, but in 2017 I was walking a heavily used deer trail in the middle of two ag fields when I saw a deer running the trail in the opposite direction- coming straight at me. I tucked myself behind a tree on the fenceline in an effort to conceal myself. Within a few seconds a doe ran past me. She wasn't running spooked, and with it being midday (~130pm) and late November (rut in Concho County), I figured she must have a buck on her tail. Sure enough, that buck walked right past me on that trail, literally within arms reach. He continued on maybe 15 yards and stopped, trying to figure out where the doe went. Nose Jammer, maybe? After 30 seconds or so, he walked back up the trail, right past me again (within arms reach), and stopped just on the other side of the tree I was "hiding" behind. He stood there for another 20-30 seconds before jumping the fence and proceeding past me again in the direction of the doe. Draw your own conclusions but the Nose Jammer was being used on my person, and on various trees as i walked the trail.

Re: Nose Jammer [Re: unclebubba] #7636964 10/20/19 03:08 AM
Gringocazador Offline
Tracker
Tracker
The trackers in Africa can get pretty ripe, they know hoe to hunt the wind.

I’m kind of middle of the road. I use sentless soap, but I pass on the high dollar sent lock camo.

Thanks, Billy
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide