Forums46
Topics537,986
Posts9,731,411
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7629610 10/11/19 12:24 AM
D
DeleteThisAccount Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy

With that said, if a person gets medical treatment for a GSW, life threatening or not, it will be reported by the medical folks and they are required to do so by law.

See...Texas Health and Safety Code § 161.041. Mandatory Reporting of Gunshot Wounds

That is a true statement of reporting requirements for the medical field. Oddly enough, not all states have such a requirement - although they probably should. Excellent point on the topic.

Last edited by Binary; 10/11/19 12:31 AM.
Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: DeleteThisAccount] #7629677 10/11/19 02:08 AM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Binary
. We have all hunted with that one guy who needed a bird shot in his [censored] ROFL

Yeah, usually that would be the argumentative know-it-all noob. roflmao

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Texas Dan] #7629706 10/11/19 02:46 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I blame Millennials. Or Boomers.

Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7629746 10/11/19 04:04 AM
D
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
Originally Posted by Binary
. We have all hunted with that one guy who needed a bird shot in his [censored] ROFL

Yeah, usually that would be the argumentative know-it-all noob. roflmao

I see you know what bird shot in the [censored] feels like ROFL

Let's also not forget those who generally have no life and spend their time trolling online forums. They eventually move from trolling forums to seeking attention with Youtube videos.... hoping for some recognition that their life is worth something....wanting to believe that people other than themselves actually want to hear what they say...the like button on FB was made for those people. You always know them when they show up to hunt - they're all camo'd up from head to toe and always carrying an overpriced firearm designed to look like a military style rifle and their whole hunting experience is them pretending be a soldier out in the woods... just hoping to impress someone...anyone. Yeah, I've hunted with a few of those guys ...never twice, couldn't stand them and hunting and killing something that isn't standing next to a feeder is usually out of their skill level ...but boy they dress the part and carry some nice looking guns - usually with thermal scopes and all.

Last edited by Binary; 10/11/19 05:37 AM.
Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: maximus_flavius] #7629759 10/11/19 05:15 AM
D
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
I blame Millennials. Or Boomers.

Someone must be part of the greatest generation ...Gen X, of course.

Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Texas Dan] #7629899 10/11/19 02:39 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
LOL, did you just self identify with a statement made about annoying hunters? That is pretty funny.

Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7629915 10/11/19 02:56 PM
D
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
*SMH* You can't even troll well...

Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Texas Dan] #7630392 10/12/19 12:34 AM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Didin't read the whole thread 'cause it kinda' got derailed for a bit. Are the numbers high compared to previous Septembers or just the months priot to September? I mean, I'd expect more injuries in September that August most years.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Texas Dan] #7630502 10/12/19 03:33 AM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Could also be due to more birds, and more targets available.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Texas Dan] #7630632 10/12/19 01:52 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I am always on alert when bird hunting. To me quail hunting in the scariest, the birds can be low and walking guys naturally get a little ahead of each other. We stop and regroup often.
We have always been cautious and do a safety talk before a hunt, sometimes someone will say a prayer for safety. If you want to see a bunch of wild, partying guys all bow their heads, this will do it.
It is not time wasted, everyone needs to be on the same page.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Simple Searcher] #7630810 10/12/19 06:02 PM
S
Shooter5354 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
I hunted pheasant with my cousin north of Lubbock several years ago. Some of the small towns would have breakfasts for fundraisers. There were several hundred hunters there, and we went with one large group. They would circle a playa lake, and slowly close around the middle. The first time I saw the people close to me following a head high rooster past my head, I told my cousin it was time to go elsewhere. Those folks were using number 4 shot at around ten yards. They also didn't stop shooting at the 2 bird limit.

Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Texas Dan] #7632804 10/15/19 01:59 AM
R
Remo Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Hunting IQs may be dropping as older hunters retire.... There, it's been recklessly repeated. Last time(LAST time) I hunted public dove I had to give the "Hands up-don't shoot!" shout after absorbing part of a pattern from somewhere beyond a fenceline. Found a young gentleman from Louisiana who was insufficiently remorseful about my perforated shirt.Then later a huge linebacker-looking kid with a dead nighthawk walked up, asking if it was a dove. Be sure to maintain a steady grin while you back out of those situations.

I'm too old to need the test, but I audited the Hunter Safety course while my son took it this year, to see what it was like. You'd really have to try hard to fail it. *I finished the test first and got a 100, the boy was about the third or fourth one done. Meh.

There's plenty of opportunity for unguided people to get into trouble regardless. I can't believe there's an online-only option for anything involving firearms. Let's hope the commercial airlines don't get the same idea. People whose main experience in life involves an Xbox, you're going to get from them what was put in.

Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Simple Searcher] #7635224 10/17/19 05:39 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
I am always on alert when bird hunting. To me quail hunting in the scariest, the birds can be low and walking guys naturally get a little ahead of each other. We stop and regroup often.
We have always been cautious and do a safety talk before a hunt, sometimes someone will say a prayer for safety. If you want to see a bunch of wild, partying guys all bow their heads, this will do it.
It is not time wasted, everyone needs to be on the same page.

it is even worse when you hunt quail with a dude that only has one eye. I always stayed to the side with the good eye.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Jimbo] #7641604 10/25/19 12:19 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Could also be due to more birds, and more targets available.

Most likely it's just too damn many people.

I've seen folks lined up around fields on some of these day hunts, went on one myself around Utopia. It rained shot down on us for 3 hours that morning. Never again!

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Shooting-related accidents increase sharply during dove season (photo) [Re: Texas Dan] #7641838 10/25/19 03:24 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
That is sort of a catch 22. We want more hunters to keep the tradition alive and healthy, but then we don't want more hunters because there are too many of them and it can make things unsafe.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide