Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Maybe it's just me #7627928 10/09/19 10:12 AM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Has anyone other than myself ever suspected that animal rights activists or those from the "anti everything, especially private gun ownership" crowd would join this forum for the purpose of exposing those they oppose?

It could be that the recent in my face troll at Bucee's that wanted to talk to me as I was loading up 600 lbs of corn that has my guard up. I'm obviously a hunter loading deer corn in a truck. This douche is holding a dog, and comes up to me and asks where I'll be "baiting the deer to kill". I tell him it's not for deer, but hogs, to which he asks if I eat all the pigs I kill. I tell him no, never and further tell him that I shoot them for fun, and drag them to a collective pile for the buzzards to eat. His next question, You don't even eat the baby one's that you kill, to which I answer no and then ask him if he eats rats. He wasn't ready for that and stammered, yes I do, uh no, then some mumbling.....I had never stopped slinging bags of corn during this entire exchange. I finished it by telling him he was free to eat whatever he wanted to, as I was. I've cleaned up the language so this post will survive. About that time his wife walks up, takes the dog so he can take his turn inside to pee. She was actually kind of hot, so as he's walking away I pay her a really nice compliment on how pretty her eyes are and ask her dog's name. I left wondering how a guy like that ever gets any.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7627940 10/09/19 10:45 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
People never approach me for some reason

Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7627996 10/09/19 12:26 PM
P
pdr55 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Should have punched him in the throat.

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7628028 10/09/19 12:56 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
You handled it well - I especially like the "rat" analogy. I will try to remember that one.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: pdr55] #7628033 10/09/19 01:00 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by pdr55

He never closed into my personal space, took on an offensive stance or made an aggressive gesture. I was disappointed.

Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7628043 10/09/19 01:05 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Did he have a man bun and a vape? roflmao

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: Grizz] #7628053 10/09/19 01:15 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Grizz
Did he have a man bun and a vape? roflmao

Not sure, he may have had it all pinned up under his hat. The dog he was holding while hassling a guy slinging corn painted a pretty clear picture to me.

Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: pdr55] #7628073 10/09/19 01:33 PM
texasag93 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by pdr55

You taking up the slack for Janie while she is on vacation? roflmao

Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7628263 10/09/19 04:18 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Nice. Maybe whoop out phone to show some pics of dead hogs, maybe a couple pics of cooked pig.

If she was really hot, maybe offer to take her a pig hunt so she can make an educated opinion. Hubbie can babysit the dog!

Proverbs 2
Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7628325 10/09/19 04:55 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I never understand people like that. I've only come across a couple. One guy wanted to debate at the Walmart gas pumps about me putting ethanol-free gas in my old Bronco. It's obvious these guys have self-esteem issues and try to perpetually convince themselves that they're the most intelligent person on the planet. I'm always caught off guard, but someday I'm not gonna be. What's missing in their life that they feel the need to try to control yours? realmad

I'm down with the throat punch idea, but a simple "Get away from me now," would probably be better.

There's been the occasional loon join on here. It's entertaining, but doesn't last very long. grin

I've recently acquired a personal troll on here, but he's very infrequent. He's a hunter, but a couple cards shy of a full deck. I've named him "Night Stalker". banana
He's loaded.
[Linked Image]

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: fadetoblack64] #7628343 10/09/19 05:11 PM
C
Cool Mo D Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64

confused2Me either and I don't give a.....hoot.

Last edited by Cool Mo D; 10/09/19 05:13 PM.
Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7628346 10/09/19 05:13 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Lol my wife would be yelling at me to shut up and get in the truck. If I would have complimented his wife it would have been a long ride full of glares and a lonely period of self subsistence

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: redchevy] #7628386 10/09/19 05:46 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by redchevy
Lol my wife would be yelling at me to shut up and get in the truck. If I would have complimented his wife it would have been a long ride full of glares and a lonely period of self subsistence

note to self, tell every woman I meet that she has pretty eyes ... finally quiet time in the truck ... loser8 ... just kidding

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7628657 10/09/19 10:54 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Maybe he was not trying to troll but inquire a serious question.

Instead of educating him on what exactly it was you were doing you gave him brash, sarcastic answers and reinforced his opinion on hunters, at best, in a negative light

You had an opportunity there and you blew it

Also, one would assume if your loading deer corn in your truck, as you stated, it would be used for deer, not hogs

Sorry, but you sound like the jerk in this story, not the guy holding the dog

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: Cool Mo D] #7628695 10/09/19 11:45 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Cool Mo D
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64

confused2Me either and I don't give a.....hoot.

Once in HEB. I was picking up a package of Kraft cheese and she asked if I new that it was fake cheese.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: txtrophy85] #7629113 10/10/19 02:09 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Maybe he was not trying to troll but inquire a serious question.

Instead of educating him on what exactly it was you were doing you gave him brash, sarcastic answers and reinforced his opinion on hunters, at best, in a negative light

You had an opportunity there and you blew it

Also, one would assume if your loading deer corn in your truck, as you stated, it would be used for deer, not hogs

Sorry, but you sound like the jerk in this story, not the guy holding the dog

You didn't hear the tone, see the demeanor or the body language of either party, so not sorry but you're the fool in this exchange for making this assessment.

Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7629118 10/10/19 02:19 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Has anyone other than myself ever suspected that animal rights activists or those from the "anti everything, especially private gun ownership" crowd would join this forum for the purpose of exposing those they oppose?

It could be that the recent in my face troll at Bucee's that wanted to talk to me as I was loading up 600 lbs of corn that has my guard up. I'm obviously a hunter loading deer corn in a truck. This douche is holding a dog, and comes up to me and asks where I'll be "baiting the deer to kill". I tell him it's not for deer, but hogs, to which he asks if I eat all the pigs I kill. I tell him no, never and further tell him that I shoot them for fun, and drag them to a collective pile for the buzzards to eat. His next question, You don't even eat the baby one's that you kill, to which I answer no and then ask him if he eats rats. He wasn't ready for that and stammered, yes I do, uh no, then some mumbling.....I had never stopped slinging bags of corn during this entire exchange. I finished it by telling him he was free to eat whatever he wanted to, as I was. I've cleaned up the language so this post will survive. About that time his wife walks up, takes the dog so he can take his turn inside to pee. She was actually kind of hot, so as he's walking away I pay her a really nice compliment on how pretty her eyes are and ask her dog's name. I left wondering how a guy like that ever gets any.

Foget the damn dog, I would have asked her name

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: beaversnipe] #7629131 10/10/19 02:33 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

Foget the damn dog, I would have asked her name

It's the art of subtle, pull them in with the nice talk about the dog, nice car, how well behaved their children are.........But you're right. I'm a little rusty.

Re: Maybe it's just me [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7629158 10/10/19 03:16 PM
P
Pope&Young Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
You should have told him... In the long run it's cheaper to buy deer corn than canned corn nidea
You get more BANG( rifle) for your BUCK ( deer2 ) and you only have so much DOE ( deer) to feed your family

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide