Uh-oh...Art Briles again... #7627831 10/09/19 02:32 AM
E
Eagle 1 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
E

JMc

This message is brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department...
Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Eagle 1] #7627886 10/09/19 03:31 AM
D
Duke4456 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Just to let you know these kids have been ruled eligible twice by the district

Your worst day of hunting is always better than your best day at work
Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Eagle 1] #7627961 10/09/19 11:26 AM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
So did they forget to cc ol Art in on those emails or is he smart enough not to have an "email account"?

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Duke4456] #7627987 10/09/19 12:02 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Duke4456

Yep,,, The players, Brock and Cameron Nellor, were ruled to have moved into the district for athletic purposes.

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Eagle 1] #7627991 10/09/19 12:05 PM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Interesting coincidence. Early this morning my wife was telling me about all of the Baylor Alumni that started showing up in their Baylor jackets and colors to watch him coach the high school team, 15 minutes later we heard the bad news.

texas flag

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: glens] #7628014 10/09/19 12:47 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by glens

Yep,,, The players, Brock and Cameron Nellor, were ruled to have moved into the district for athletic purposes.

How does the sups rule twice that they where eligible and then suddenly change their mind. Welcome to BS politics of HS football.

Sad. Let the kids play

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Duke4456] #7628089 10/09/19 01:54 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

Who is the non-staff assistant coach?

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Eagle 1] #7628092 10/09/19 01:58 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I don't know how the state gets to decide if a player is justified in moving. Who cares if a student moves for sports reasons they move they move. That entire deal is assanine to me. That's coming from someone who can't stand briles

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: ducknbass] #7628095 10/09/19 02:00 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by ducknbass
I don't know how the state gets to decide if a player is justified in moving. Who cares if a student moves for sports reasons they move they move. That entire deal is assanine to me. That's coming from someone who can't stand briles

Yep. Allen HIgh School and Celina would always be suspended if this is the case.

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Choctaw] #7628107 10/09/19 02:08 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Choctaw

One of his former Players probably

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: ducknbass] #7628110 10/09/19 02:09 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Be one thing if they hadn’t exonerated the kids twice already....

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Eagle 1] #7628145 10/09/19 02:40 PM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
The wife has a conspiracy theory that there are certain people that are out to get Briles confused2

texas flag

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7628150 10/09/19 02:43 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

One of his former Players probably

I bet you are right.

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Eagle 1] #7628158 10/09/19 02:48 PM
D
Duke4456 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
I don’t think it is a former player I had heard rumors that it was the uncle of the two kids in question but I can’t verify that

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7628159 10/09/19 02:49 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

No the entire rule that a kid cannot move for sports reasons is crazy. Big brother as it gets.

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Eagle 1] #7628165 10/09/19 02:54 PM
D
Duke4456 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
The whole issue I have with it is that the district knew the kids moved in from out of state before the season started , now whether it was for athletics only I don’t know and would think it would be hard to prove unless you can find a smoking gun like Briles emailing or texting the kids telling them to com there, but they still voted the kids eligible twice and now that they are in the middle of the season and mv appears to be a serious contender they have changed their minds and votes. If they thought something wasn’t right why didn’t they vote that way the first two times?

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7628184 10/09/19 03:11 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H

I don't like Briles one. dang. bit. either. Haven't cared for him since he was at Stephenville; they were in our district then and we had some epic Friday night battles. Evidently he was a tough individual to work with even back then according to my coaches that I have kept up with. Rumors of pushing the limits of ethical behavior was rampant with him before the turn of the century.

As for the boys, they are the ones that are being hurt most in this political power grab. If they were cleared to play the first time before the season started (even the second hearing the ruling was confirmed), then it should stand for the season.

Football is unique from most other sports given it's limited window to play. Golf, tennis, basketball, or even, to some extent, baseball; all of these could be considered 'lifetime' sports. For most players, the last game of football in high school will be the last time they play the sport. EVER. Sure some may go on to college and eek out a few more seasons (I got part of one more season before I finished wrecking my shoulders). Those other sports you can buy clubs, a racket, find a pickup game, or join an adult softball league with relative ease. Playing those sports is acceptable (and in some professions encouraged) well into adulthood; some careers benefit from being a good player on the tennis court or at the links. I wish I had exhibited more of an interest in golf especially.

Football simply does not offer that; when it is over, it is gone. Basically from 7th grade to senior year, a football player is looking at 60-ish games; hopefully a few more with playoffs, but that's about it. How dare those adults take away the boys' waning chances to play a sport with such a limited opportunity to play! That is the biggest tragedy of this story. Shame on the adults.

Last edited by HuntnFly67; 10/09/19 03:13 PM.
Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Choctaw] #7628187 10/09/19 03:14 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Yep. Allen HIgh School and Celina would always be suspended if this is the case.

True, I haven't kept up with it but in the past Pilot Point was in the same boat.

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: HuntnFly67] #7628215 10/09/19 03:37 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by HuntnFly67

I don't like Briles one. dang. bit. either. Haven't cared for him since he was at Stephenville; they were in our district then and we had some epic Friday night battles. Evidently he was a tough individual to work with even back then according to my coaches that I have kept up with. Rumors of pushing the limits of ethical behavior was rampant with him before the turn of the century.

As for the boys, they are the ones that are being hurt most in this political power grab. If they were cleared to play the first time before the season started (even the second hearing the ruling was confirmed), then it should stand for the season.

Football is unique from most other sports given it's limited window to play. Golf, tennis, basketball, or even, to some extent, baseball; all of these could be considered 'lifetime' sports. For most players, the last game of football in high school will be the last time they play the sport. EVER. Sure some may go on to college and eek out a few more seasons (I got part of one more season before I finished wrecking my shoulders). Those other sports you can buy clubs, a racket, find a pickup game, or join an adult softball league with relative ease. Playing those sports is acceptable (and in some professions encouraged) well into adulthood; some careers benefit from being a good player on the tennis court or at the links. I wish I had exhibited more of an interest in golf especially.

Football simply does not offer that; when it is over, it is gone. Basically from 7th grade to senior year, a football player is looking at 60-ish games; hopefully a few more with playoffs, but that's about it. How dare those adults take away the boys' waning chances to play a sport with such a limited opportunity to play! That is the biggest tragedy of this story. Shame on the adults.

Rumors are projection over success 99.9999% of the time. I played with a few of his former HS players and friends with several of his colleges players. I will take their word about him first hand, over HS parents competing in same district.

I agree with every thing else you said though.

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Eagle 1] #7628247 10/09/19 04:02 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
My personal opinion is that Bryle's shouldn't be shaping the minds of any young men at the high school or college level. That being said, recruiting is rampant at the high school level in Texas. Any school that has a recent history of winning also has recruits moving into their school district under the promise of exposure to college scouts and higher likelihood of getting scholarships. Sounds like Art is under the magnifying glass here, and won't be given an inch the UIL doesn't have to give.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Eagle 1] #7628308 10/09/19 04:40 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
My son's team played in the state semi finals against Deion's team from Trinity Christian Cedar Springs. His team had players literally listing their home town on recruiting websites from out of state, yet the TAPPS organization did nothing for several years. They stacked the team and have won several championships in TAPPS. I am sure once his kids are done there he will move on. Just a shame that them cheating cost my sons team a championship, but its the way things go. They know it, and were fine with it. I still tell them they had a championship caliber team, just Deion and his recruits got in the way.

TAPPS and UIL are very different in this regard bang

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Eagle 1] #7628335 10/09/19 05:02 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
My understanding on the Mount Vernon thing is an "establishment of permanent residency" issue. The parents are still residing in CO most of the time and not TX as would be expected or anticipated...

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Eagle 1] #7628341 10/09/19 05:10 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
They were just cleared. No games will be forfeited.

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Txduckman] #7628359 10/09/19 05:25 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Txduckman
They were just cleared. No games will be forfeited.

Well there you go.

Re: Uh-oh...Art Briles again... [Re: Texas buckeye] #7628375 10/09/19 05:35 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
My son's team played in the state semi finals against Deion's team from Trinity Christian Cedar Springs. His team had players literally listing their home town on recruiting websites from out of state, yet the TAPPS organization did nothing for several years. They stacked the team and have won several championships in TAPPS. I am sure once his kids are done there he will move on. Just a shame that them cheating cost my sons team a championship, but its the way things go. They know it, and were fine with it. I still tell them they had a championship caliber team, just Deion and his recruits got in the way.

TAPPS and UIL are very different in this regard bang

That’s TAPPS, it can be one of the most competitive leagues in the country . I watched Lynch send 9 players to D1 schools one year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide