Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6939653 10/30/17 07:11 PM
T
Trophytaker3 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
One time, about 9 years ago, my dad was sitting at the kitchen table, working on his sunday school lesson for Church. I was sitting at the computer about 20 ft away from him, then he says " quit tapping your feet on the floor" i replied, " Im not" then ( we had a box of donuts on top of the fridge, that box gets flipped up in the air, like someone pushed on one end of it, a or picked it up and slammed it on the ground.................................. so i have had 2 creepy encounters.

popcorn

In this order....
Faith, Family, Hunting.

http://atvutvcustomizer.com/
Pacific Eagle UTV enclosures. Kawasaki, Honda , Polaris, Kymco, and many more!

Trump, Make America Great Again!
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7329940 10/29/18 01:08 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
It is that time of the year, any new stories out there?

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7333041 10/31/18 03:20 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
bump

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7333112 10/31/18 04:13 PM
G
Gulfgoose Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
It was a foggy full moon morning on the prairie west of Altair without a puff of wind. Me and a buddy were walking along an abandoned gravel pit by the moonlight to the duck blind. To the right was water and a brushy drop off to the left and dense woods for a long ways before it opened up into more pits and pastures. We both stopped dead in our tracks and looked at each other asking if we heard that. We brushed it off as nothing. A few steps later we heard it again. It was the distinct humming/singing of a little singing the eariest tune you've ever heard. It kept getting louder and louder until it sounded as if the girl was about to come out of the brush at any second. As we stood on the road together (guns loaded now) it finally started to taper of back to where it came from. I've never been so happy to make it to a blind in my life.
Apparently my buddy has a history of spirits following him around, confirmed by family and friends.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7333166 10/31/18 04:54 PM
S
SenkoSamurai Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
bump

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7333279 10/31/18 06:24 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
I was hunting in a blind on a friend's ranch in Coleman County - not too far from Talpa. First time I had sat in this blind and it was at the bottom of a small rise facing a clearing with thick oaks on the other side. Just before sunup I started hearing a whispering voice - couldn't make out any words, just a low whisper or two, then a pause, and then it would happen again. This went on for 20 or 30 minutes then stopped completely. Once the sun was up I started looking around behind the blind and saw there was a black poly-pipe line about 20 feet back along the hill. The whisper was oil being pumped to a tank. Easy explanation, but strange sights and sounds in the dark can sure get your imagination running wild.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7333886 11/01/18 03:28 AM
I
Ichabod Fighter Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
I
Not my story, just one of my favorite stories from the famous threads on the survivalist forum. It’s worth a gander.

Years ago in a fairly remote area of northern Ontario A gun club friend, his sister whom I knew well, a woman friend of hers from university and I drove up to the last significant town in the area frm Toronto. The woman friend of was a purchasing officer for a college and the college had here looking into purchasing a remote wildernes tract to be the Outdoor School for the college. She had asked my friends sister to accompany her since the location was remote and she then invited her brother and I. The plan was to stay in a modern large log home on the property overnoigth and explore the property on foot.
When we found the right dirt approach road it had a old heavy padlocked iron gate set in heavy stone to either side of the road. A realtor had given the purchasing officer the key so we opened the gate drove in and secured it behind us. Two miles in we found the cabin, a large four bedroom affair built by a wealthy developer who never lived there but put it on the market as soon as it was completed. Once we were there and had unloaded our packs into the cabin did the purchaser tell us why she so wanted company. The first cabin built there had burned down and the second attempt a decade before had seem the workers quit for strange reasons that included being stoned with heavy rocks many times, the assailants never being seen. This latest cabin was the third attempt and so far no one had actually lived on the property. According to the maps the nearest home in the area was more than 20 miles away.
We had enough daylight that we decided to do a first pass at the area right then. We had no firearms with us but everyone except the purchasing agent had very impressive belt knives and machettes and we knew how to use both. Two miles later, through some pretty dense woods, we had reached the edge of the small river on the property and stopped to glass the river with binoculars. My friend and I commented on feeling very uneasy and not hearing any animal or bird sounds at all.

The purchasing lady excused herself to go behind some trees. After a few minutes we heard her say "There are blankets in here". The three of us looked at each other confused and moved forwards to see what she could be looking at. There was a low earthen mound anout 15 feet in diameter and maybe five feet high right in the bush and with vegetation growing all over the mound. Perfect natural camouflage. It had clearly been there a very long time. Until you got at the right angle you couldn't see the crude wooden slat door held in place by leather thongs.

The purchaser was looking inside when the full situation hit us. My friend and his sister and I all said something like "Back out now!" and she did, realizing she had just entererd someones "home" uninvited. She backed out towards us and I felt the sister of my friend grip my arm. This lady was as tall as me, a black belt in juijitsu and never backed off anything. When her fingernails dug in I knew we had a real problem. Her only words, said just loud enough for her brother and I to hear were : "We are surrounded."
Never good words, but I was looking for people and couldn't see any. My friend was the same, but all three of us had taken good grips on our machettes and put our backs together. "Where?" I asked quietly. She jerked her head around and said, "the mounds, there are several of them."
My blood literally felt like it had gone to ice water. Then we could see that we were almost in the middle of a group of about half a dozen similar earthern mounds oriented on the river. My friend gave an uncharacteristic "Oh my". My friends sister took point and took purchasing lady in tow. My friend and I were right in trail behind them and I think we set a personal best record for running through dense bush, and safety be damned we ran with drawn machettes and combat knives.
We reached the cabin and the shortest vote in history decided we were driving out even though the sun setting. We tossed our packs in the vehicle and my friend called me quietly and showed me a crudely written sign on heavily weathered plywood that had been leaned against the side of the vehicle. All it said was "GO". We did.
I was told that the recommendation was for the college to look elsewhere for an outdoor school. Sounded like a plan to me

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=57236&page=51

Last edited by Ichabod Fighter; 11/01/18 03:29 AM.

“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7336785 11/03/18 10:42 PM
C
crankbait745 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Hunted in Missouri where there was an old lost graveyard lost in the big timber. Graves dated in 1800's,about 30 of them. I shot at a doe with my crossbow and thought I got a pass through on her. Went to look for her and could not find blood or arrow. I walked past the same spot about 5 times between looking for the deer then pulling my tripod out of the woods. On the last trip out my arrow was sitting on top of the tall grass right where I had walked by 4 or 5 times already. Looked like someone placed it on top of the grass gently. I thought it might have fallen out of my crossbow quiver on one of my trips pass that spot. It did not. Needless to say we left those woods and have not been back. Still can't explain it.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7622685 10/03/19 01:23 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
It's about that time of year so up it goes.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: 1860.colt] #7623107 10/03/19 07:50 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by colt.45
popcorn agh, campfire stories banana2 flag

eeks333

flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7623129 10/03/19 08:35 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
C'mon - I need new stories people!!!

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7623832 10/04/19 05:01 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I got invited to hunt in Mississippi a few years back. The guys on that lease are good friends with my cousins and I got an invite to go along. It was good to spend time with family and the guys from Mississippi were a great bunch of guys. We'd sit around the cabin drinking, playing cards, and eating like kings. The guys on the lease LOVED pictures. They were always looking at pics from the game cams, or pics that they each took from the day's hunt.

So first morning, they put me out in a tree stand. I'm not a huge deer hunter and had certainly never been in a tree stand. Think the Mississippi laws around baiting and corn just changed, but back then, you couldn't bait deer. So it was me in a tree stand, HUGE trees all around, and a food plot out in front of me. The only clearing or place that you could see more than 50 yards was that food plot. I got dropped off that morning and wasn't really sure where I was at since it was dark when we got there. Those guys are hard core and stay out a long time. I'm sure I wasn't the quietest in the blind and I didn't see a thing. Not one deer. I was bored out of my skull.

While sitting out there, I remembered that I had an app on my phone that you could use to put ghosts into photos so I had an idea. I took a few pics of the view from the stand and then starting playing around with the app. There were a number of different ghosts you could put in the picture, but the one of the guy in the confederate soldier's uniform seemed the most fitting. So I had plenty of time to get the right picture, get the ghost in the pic, make sure it was fuzzy enough to look "real" but visible enough to be seen.

I finally get picked up, we go back in for lunch, and then out for the evening hunt. I'm still sitting on this picture. We all get back to camp for dinner and one of the guys says for everyone to email their pics from the day so he can pull them up on the iPad and take a look. There's usually a few guys looking at pics while a few are cooking, some playing cards, etc. I didn't utter a word but emailed my pictures as I was instructed. They finally get to my pics and one of them notices the "ghost". Oh man was it funny. "That looks like a confederate soldier!" "You know, there used to be a confederate fort around here back in the civil war!" "I heard that that this land was granted to the family of a soldier after the war!" This went on for the entire evening. That pic was all they talked about all night. Thru dinner, after dinner, during the poker game. Hell, when we all called it a night I still heard guys in their bunks talking about it. I never said a word.

Next evening, I'm actually in a blind and my cousin is in the next blind over. He's texting me about that ghost and how crazy it was. I had to let someone in on it so I took a pic through my scope and then put another ghost in the cross hairs and texted it to him. He immediately was on to my game and started calling me every name in the book. We left our blinds and rode back to camp laughing about it the whole way. Neither of us ever said a word to those guys about it.

I went back the next year and they were still talking about it. I haven't been back in a couple of years but my cousin still goes annually and says it's still a regular topic of conversation and every picture now gets looked at really closely for ghosts. I'm going to have to go back one of these years and let them all in on it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7623919 10/04/19 07:01 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
K but that's not Spooky Gumbeaux

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: DirtNapTET] #7623925 10/04/19 07:06 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by DirtNapTET

They thought it was!

If there's a Mississippi Hunting Forum that story's probably on it...

[Linked Image]
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Gumbeaux] #7623957 10/04/19 07:34 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
Originally Posted by DirtNapTET

They thought it was!

If there's a Mississippi Hunting Forum that story's probably on it...

Hahaha just giving you a hard time, thanks for sharing sir!

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7624116 10/04/19 10:50 PM
H
HankTheTank Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Why did I read this ahead of hunting the Sam Houston National Forest. SMH.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #7667637 11/20/19 04:14 PM
C
camtheguitarman Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
C
BUMP!!!!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide