Forums46
Topics537,758
Posts9,728,773
Members87,039
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: I simply don't encounter it in my day-to-day life... [Re: S.A. hunter] #7621802 10/02/19 04:26 PM
hookem48 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by hookem48
Never experienced anything more then words, and words dont matter to me. I'm fortunate to have been around all kinds of people growing up. I feel comfortable just about everywhere. My house looks like the UN when we have get togethers. I feel the more people from different backgrounds hang around each other, the more they can appreciate each other. Most of all realize that we are basically all the same. Just trying to make a good living for ourselves and our children.

Hookem48, are you saying you played in the red river shootout?

I did, 89-92. Happy to say we never lost to OU!

My man! Been to the last two, got my tickets for this years game. It's an awesome atmosphere, and I couldn't imagine what it's like being on the field for that, or walking through that tunnel. We are a huge longhorn fans in my house, my wife, and son are UT grads. Very cool!

Thanks, It was very exciting and a great experience. The energy on the field is tough to explain or imagine but it's definitely electric. I now have a son that's playing for SMU and a nephew that's at UH.

Re: I simply don't encounter it in my day-to- day life... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7621805 10/02/19 04:30 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
the news media is the cause of so much racial negatives, makes me sick bang

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: I simply don't encounter it in my day-to- day life... [Re: Choctaw] #7621815 10/02/19 04:43 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Originally Posted by hookem48
Never experienced anything more then words, and words dont matter to me. I'm fortunate to have been around all kinds of people growing up. I feel comfortable just about everywhere. My house looks like the UN when we have get togethers. I feel the more people from different backgrounds hang around each other, the more they can appreciate each other. Most of all realize that we are basically all the same. Just trying to make a good living for ourselves and our children.

Hookem48, are you saying you played in the red river shootout?

I did, 89-92. Happy to say we never lost to OU!

My man! Been to the last two, got my tickets for this years game. It's an awesome atmosphere, and I couldn't imagine what it's like being on the field for that, or walking through that tunnel. We are a huge longhorn fans in my house, my wife, and son are UT grads. Very cool!

Stop gushing, yOU. roflmao

Pay no attention to Choctaw, he's one of "them", but he got oUT of there as quick as he could. He's actually not so bad.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 10/02/19 05:06 PM.
Re: I simply don't encounter it in my day-to- day life... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7621863 10/02/19 05:23 PM
Sidebuster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Per Wikipedia, Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another.[1][2][3] It may also mean prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity.

Re: I simply don't encounter it in my day-to-day life... [Re: Sidebuster] #7621894 10/02/19 05:44 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sidebuster
Per definition, discrimination and racism is the same thing.

Discrimination is far more prevalent in society than racism. Racism has to do with the color of the skin. Discrimination has no boundaries. Disabled are discriminated against because of their disabilities, a left handed person has to look hard for things that work better for them, the color of the skin has no bearing on this. After Vietnam, some people discriminated against the veterans by calling them baby killers, and other derogatory terms. Some employers refused to employ them. In some areas, local LEO preyed on the people in uniform, that was discrimination, not racism. This also occurred during WWII in some areas.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide