Forums46
Topics537,967
Posts9,731,161
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7621314 10/02/19 12:02 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
What if everything was the same, but it was her apartment, and Jean made a mistake and went in her appointment, sat on his couch and ate his ice cream, and she walked in. You still don't shoot him! Good grief. Draw your gun, put him on the cross hairs, and says "Who the F are you eating my ice cream!". Even if you walk into your own house, you don't shoot someone innocently sitting on your couch eating ice cream, I mean who knows who it could be and why. It could be an apartment maintenance guy, and he got hungry. Or the retarded guy next door.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7621343 10/02/19 12:20 AM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Lots of well trained police folks in here with all the answers. It's like they were there in the room, knew everything. Be nice to be a freegin know it all.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Guy] #7621347 10/02/19 12:24 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Guy
What if everything was the same, but it was her apartment, and Jean made a mistake and went in her appointment, sat on his couch and ate his ice cream, and she walked in. You still don't shoot him! Good grief. Draw your gun, put him on the cross hairs, and says "Who the F are you eating my ice cream!". Even if you walk into your own house, you don't shoot someone innocently sitting on your couch eating ice cream, I mean who knows who it could be and why. It could be an apartment maintenance guy, and he got hungry. Or the retarded guy next door.

Blue Bell or store brand?
confused2

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: ducknbass] #7621350 10/02/19 12:29 AM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Lots of well trained police folks in here with all the answers. It's like they were there in the room, knew everything. Be nice to be a freegin know it all.

Maybe the well trained police folks in here have been to the circus and seen the elephant, and are relaying their experiences to prevent other members from lighting up a friendly and ending up where Amber is.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: JCB] #7621355 10/02/19 12:33 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by JCB
Here is the way I see it:

She made a mistake by walking into the guys apartment and killing a innocent man. The jury made a mistake calling it murder. Not saying two wrongs make a right but I know you just cant walk into a guys home and kill him and then expect the "oops my bad" defense to fly. I don't care what the law says about "mistake of fact"...….a innocent man lost his life in his own home due to a series of mistakes that he had nothing to do with. That's a BIG mistake!!

I wish her the best. I honestly think it was nothing more than a series of mistakes that lead to a man being killed in his own home. You cant call it murder but you cant just sweep it under the rug either. What was the correct charge and punishment??? I have no idea.

That’s how I see it. Murder seems stiff, but I don’t know the details that the jury knows.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Guy] #7621361 10/02/19 12:37 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Guy

Excellent point. I’ve considered this before. I don’t really know, until I’m in that situation, but I feel like it would take a serious threat to make me pull the trigger. Not just some guy that isn’t obeying my commands.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Sneaky] #7621364 10/02/19 12:40 AM
T
tigger Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by Guy

Excellent point. I’ve considered this before. I don’t really know, until I’m in that situation, but I feel like it would take a serious threat to make me pull the trigger. Not just some guy that isn’t obeying my commands.

Excellent use your brain

Tigger
If it isn't white it is not a birddog.

KC
Lying is lying. Don't bitch about one doing it and condone another. That's called hypocrisy.
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7621371 10/02/19 12:49 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
4 years ago an Abilene police officer was murdered in his home in Clyde,when he walked in on a burglary. https://ktxs.com/archive/walters-murder-trial-day-5-defense-presents-closing-arguments_

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: J.G.] #7621376 10/02/19 12:57 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
It might have helped her cause if she rendered aid.

What aid?

I'm a 21 year EMS professional. If you're shot, leg cut off, bit by a rattlesnake, and I'm standing right with you, there is little I can do without an ambulance or fire engine beside me, with all our equipment.

No different than a master carpenter standing there, a house to build, and he is with no tape measure, no saw, no hammer, no nails, no wood glue, ect, ect.

Bullchit.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: J.G.] #7621377 10/02/19 12:57 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

What aid?

I'm a 21 year EMS professional. If you're shot, leg cut off, bit by a rattlesnake, and I'm standing right with you, there is little I can do without an ambulance or fire engine beside me, with all our equipment.

No different than a master carpenter standing there, a house to build, and he is with no tape measure, no saw, no hammer, no nails, no wood glue, ect, ect.

Valid point.

Did she try? Honest question. I don’t know if she did or didn’t.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7621378 10/02/19 12:57 AM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
This guy set up and waited for the intruders to enter his home and killed them, it didn’t fare well for him: Link

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Sneaky] #7621381 10/02/19 01:01 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

What aid?

Valid point.

Holes in the thorax, plug them, but she probably doesn't know that. Patient goes Asystole and it's chest compressions to turn over to DFD, then they do it to turn over to Emergency Department, then they call it, anyway.

Shoot him the same way in an operating room, with four of the best trauma surgeons in Dallas also in the room, and the outcome is likely still the same.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7621383 10/02/19 01:02 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
How do you think she will survive in prison, General Population?

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7621386 10/02/19 01:02 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

What aid?

Bullchit.

Tens of thousands of calls I've answered says it is not bullchit. Thanks for stepping on what I've been doing for so long, and for so many people I do not know. See what I told to Sneaky.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: J.G.] #7621394 10/02/19 01:11 AM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

What aid?

Bullchit.

Tens of thousands of calls I've answered says it is not bullchit. Thanks for stepping on what I've been doing for so long, and for so many people I do not know. See what I told to Sneaky.

Plug a hole, see if he's breathing, call an ambulance... Lots she could have done, but she called her boyfriend. Get off your high horse. Lots of us have been trained.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: ducknbass] #7621416 10/02/19 01:30 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ducknbass

That’s the thing - we know quite a bit, and you would too, if you’d read the testimony or had watched the trial on TV.

-her training told her to not enter the apartment, find cover, and wait for backup. She testified she didn’t remember that from the de-escalation training she took in April. She shot him in September. Maybe her lawyers just decided to not object and her training didn’t say that. Maybe she was just a bad witness. But that came out in court.

-She was distracted by her police partner/boyfriend, who was married, and texted him during the 911 call saying she effed up and needed help. She said she tried chest compressions with one hand while she was on the phone with 911 but she had no blood on her and none of her rubber gloves from her duty belt were used or bloody. We have an EMs here who says it wouldn’t have mattered (and I trust and believe him) but I think her not attempting any aid went a long way to not have much sympathy because she texted her partner, who she was having an affair with, while speaking with 911.

-when questioning the ME about the angle of the bullet wound, the defense attorney suggested that he was standing up from his couch when he was shot. She says she gave commands and he was approaching her and feared for her life. She claims he was coming towards her and it is more likely that he was shocked someone came in and stood up and she shot him.

-she testified that he intentionally pulled the trigger to kill him because she feared for her life and thought he was an intruder.

I feel bad for her, I really do, but I feel worse for him. If you’re pissed people have made up their minds, fine, but the evidence is out there.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7621420 10/02/19 01:33 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

That and she just showed no care for him at all, all she showed was CYA. All she said on 911 was that she thought she was in her own apartment, over and over again... Texting her married BF, "I need you" first text, meaning I need you to help me cover this up, next text "I f'd up", she's got that right.

I think she was so preoccupied with getting laid that night from her married BF, sexting him, she had blinders on could not see all the clues in front of her, what floor she was on, red door mat...Then she hears someone inside her apartment, it is all about her again, super cop girl kicks in she goes in for the kill, otherwise she would have stayed out side and called for back up like our tax dollars trained her to do. Shooting a guy eating a bowl of ice cream in his own house, it just don't get more stupid.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: J.G.] #7621421 10/02/19 01:35 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

What aid?

Valid point.

Holes in the thorax, plug them, but she probably doesn't know that. Patient goes Asystole and it's chest compressions to turn over to DFD, then they do it to turn over to Emergency Department, then they call it, anyway.

Shoot him the same way in an operating room, with four of the best trauma surgeons in Dallas also in the room, and the outcome is likely still the same.

Understood. Thank you.

If she knew that there was nothing to be done, then there was nothing to be done. Perception in the courts is a whole ‘nother matter.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7621429 10/02/19 01:45 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

What aid?

Bullchit.

Plug a hole, see if he's breathing, call an ambulance... Lots she could have done, but she called her boyfriend. Get off your high horse. Lots of us have been trained.

She called immediately! She told dispatch there was a shot man. They sent PD and FD at the same time.

I'll sit on my high horse all I want, I raised and fed that horse. And you can eat his chit.

Training is 10%, doing it for real, for a long damn time is the other 90%.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7621430 10/02/19 01:47 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
If it was her actual apartment, I have no problem with what was done. But it wasn’t.

🍻
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Guy] #7621431 10/02/19 01:51 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Guy

That and she just showed no care for him at all, all she showed was CYA. All she said on 911 was that she thought she was in her own apartment, over and over again... Texting her married BF, "I need you" first text, meaning I need you to help me cover this up, next text "I f'd up", she's got that right.

I think she was so preoccupied with getting laid that night from her married BF, sexting him, she had blinders on could not see all the clues in front of her, what floor she was on, red door mat...Then she hears someone inside her apartment, it is all about her again, super cop girl kicks in she goes in for the kill, otherwise she would have stayed out side and called for back up like our tax dollars trained her to do. Shooting a guy eating a bowl of ice cream in his own house, it just don't get more stupid.

Bet you were just as pissed at the Parkland Deputy that failed to enter and return fire, but did call his boss.

Calling for backup is not always the first step, sometimes the person in the incident has to act right now. And in the history of humans on this planet we have always depended on that person.

In my lane, we are not supposed to enter a structure fire, on the first apparatus without "two in, two out". And the engineer and incident commander do not count as the two out, so then you really need 6 people on scene. Unless there is a known life safety inside the structure, then two in, two out is null and void.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #7621434 10/02/19 01:53 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Thundervee
If it was her actual apartment, I have no problem with what was done. But it wasn’t.

That might have been on news for 30 seconds that night. Never to be seen again.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7621437 10/02/19 02:06 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Heard today that the conduct of her partner and possibly suppressing evidence with the deleted, subsequently recovered texts may be looked at by authorities. Her troubles are done, his may be beginning.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #7621438 10/02/19 02:07 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Thundervee

What if 100% in her mind and in her heart she believed it was her apartment...oh wait...never mind.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: DQ Kid] #7621439 10/02/19 02:10 AM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Heard today that the conduct of her partner and possibly suppressing evidence with the deleted, subsequently recovered texts may be looked at by authorities. Her troubles are done, his may be beginning.

Not to mention the wife problem.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide