Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
UK to ban import of trophies #7618803 09/28/19 08:47 PM
Creekrunner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Coming to our shores eventually? They're so "evolved", but clueless as to what the native folk of their not-too-long-ago colonies will do when their ever expanding settlements have problems with wildlife. Idiots. Not to mention all the wildly inaccurate data in the piece. Fake news, but it's shaping society as a whole; arrogantly telling individuals, and entirely different countries, what opinions you will have, aka how you WILL think. Still riding the Cecil wave. By the way, the tool that blew the Cecil story way out of proportion (for his own gain) died a while ago. Shame.

UK to ban import of hunting trophies

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: UK to ban import of trophies [Re: Creekrunner] #7618814 09/28/19 09:11 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
It’s already here, don’t forget to a get a special permit to have a Mountain mount in California

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: UK to ban import of trophies [Re: Creekrunner] #7618871 09/28/19 10:40 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Like I have said numerous times. I am glad I am as old as I am. I have lived through what I believe to be one of the best times in this Country. Viet Nam was probably the worst part. I feel sorry for my Grand kids and all the younger folks that think what they are seeing now is the norm. It is not. I wish I knew what changed peoples thinking. I am worried at what is going to happen in the future. And it is not "climate change" that is going to disrupt what for years has been a respectful, safe and to me a wonderful place to live. I truly hope I am wrong but I would not bet on it.

Re: UK to ban import of trophies [Re: Creekrunner] #7618884 09/28/19 10:48 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
That article is so far left, I couldn't finish it. Takes one paragraph to see what angle they're coming from, IE "Sick Souvenirs".

You'd think they'd concentrate on bigger things that effect their country, yet there is always a group with a mission, sense/freedoms be damned.

nidea Maybe they should open up hunting opportunities in UK, then folks can get their "Sick Souvenirs" locally!

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: UK to ban import of trophies [Re: Western] #7618893 09/28/19 10:57 PM
Creekrunner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Western
Maybe they should open up hunting opportunities in UK, then folks can get their "Sick Souvenirs" locally!

That's the bizarre part. Out in the country, blokes shoot roe deer that are raiding crops, WITH SUPPRESSORS, on a daily basis. Stalking stag is carried on religiously right by (and on) the Queen's Scottish holdings (Balmoral), I've done it. Driven shoots (i.e. the towns folk, with their dogs, drive birds to folks paying INCREDIBLE sums) are held regularly. I think it's like Oregon. The people out in the country are 180 degrees off the loons in the city.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: UK to ban import of trophies [Re: Creekrunner] #7618897 09/28/19 11:01 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by Western
Maybe they should open up hunting opportunities in UK, then folks can get their "Sick Souvenirs" locally!

That's the bizarre part. Out in the country, blokes shoot roe deer that are raiding crops, WITH SUPPRESSORS, on a daily basis. Stalking stag is carried on religiously right by (and on) the Queen's Scottish holdings (Balmoral), I've done it. Driven shoots (i.e. the towns folk, with their dogs, drive birds to folks paying INCREDIBLE sums) are held regularly. I think it's like Oregon. The people out in the country are 180 degrees off the loons in the city.

Yes sir, I have heard stories about those hunts, but no personal history with it, I have heard it can be super expensive sport and usually held for clubs or the more affluent, but again, like the whistle-blower, all 2nd and 3rd hand info grin

Dennis

Re: UK to ban import of trophies [Re: Creekrunner] #7618912 09/28/19 11:29 PM
Creekrunner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Since you mentioned it... grin And, by seeing the size of the pics I grabbed, I've already posted them on here at some time, so I hate to resemble another esteemed THF member that's always pining to post a picture of himself bolt

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I do miss the place, by the by. grin

Re: UK to ban import of trophies [Re: Creekrunner] #7618923 09/29/19 12:03 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Cool photos CR, I haven't seen them, looks like a great hunt and many memories up

When you get more W privilege, then you can post your gator in the back of your truck......everyday.... peep

Dennis

Re: UK to ban import of trophies [Re: Creekrunner] #7619185 09/29/19 02:09 PM
E
EddieWalker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
There was a joke posted awhile ago about Steven Spielberg posing with a dead dinosaur from the movie Jurassic Park that pretty much summed up the mentality of the anti hunting world. They didn't recognize him, all they saw was a guy posing next to a dead animal, which caused them to post comments of hatred and death threats to him for killing that animal. It's not that they are stupid, which they are, but they voice their ignorance the loudest and fuel their feelings on mob mentality.

The actual welfare of the animals, even dinosaurs that have been extinct for millions of years, does not matter to them. All that matters to them are their easily manipulated feelings.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide