Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
That didnt take long #7614355 09/24/19 12:36 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content OP
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7614364 09/24/19 12:48 AM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
My daughter lives and hunts in Montana. I hate to hear the stories of bear attacks, I always call to see where she is or has been.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7614460 09/24/19 02:45 AM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Dang, not even carcass-related. Find it and put it down.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7614551 09/24/19 08:46 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Scary. It’s becoming so commonplace not all of the incidents even make anything but local press. Our place does not have them but they are coming - we are in the midst of a pincer movement of their expansion from both the south and north.

The whole grizzly issue has become a fiasco of unbelievable proportions. The higher courts approve transfer to state management and the lower court judges (one in particular) keep ignoring them and issuing injunctions to stop hunting as if the matter has not been litigated multiple times.

Crazy.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7614578 09/24/19 11:01 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Read that yesterday the were fortunate it was not more serious. Wonder what they were hunting confused2

texas flag

Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7614590 09/24/19 11:19 AM
R
RattlesnakeDan Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
Headed there this weekend and my brother says the Grizzly's are bad this year. We will be camping not far from the Yellowstone Park border, these bears have no fear of humans and my brother and nephew have been followed already. Should make for a little extra excitement.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7614733 09/24/19 02:03 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
How do 4 hunters get attacked by a bear over 2 incidents and nobody shoots the bear in self defense?

Looks like the first attack happened fast and was a surprise to the hunters, one using bear spray to drive off the bear that was on the other.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/montana-grizzly-bear-attack-hunters

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 09/24/19 02:14 PM.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: That didnt take long [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7615156 09/24/19 08:35 PM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
How do 4 hunters get attacked by a bear over 2 incidents and nobody shoots the bear in self defense?

Looks like the first attack happened fast and was a surprise to the hunters, one using bear spray to drive off the bear that was on the other.

Maybe they were first trying to 'reason with' the bear....like this guy:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadian-man-survives-pleads-black-bear-attack

"You don't have to do this"

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: That didnt take long [Re: flintknapper] #7615219 09/24/19 09:45 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by flintknapper

Some people should limit their adventures to city parks.

Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7617113 09/26/19 07:35 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
If I was hunting in Grizzly country I'd be packing a 44 on my hip.

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: That didnt take long [Re: Choctaw] #7617235 09/26/19 09:48 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Originally Posted by flintknapper

Some people should limit their adventures to city parks.

The squirrels will eat them alive!

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: That didnt take long [Re: MikeC] #7617821 09/27/19 03:46 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by MikeC
If I was crazy enough to be hunting in Grizzly country I'd be packing a 44 on my hip.

Exactly my way of thinking!

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7617921 09/27/19 05:22 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Heard yesterday there was another attack in the same area, they are not sure if it is the same bear?

texas flag

Re: That didnt take long [Re: Stub] #7617932 09/27/19 05:32 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted by Stub
Heard yesterday there was another attack in the same area, they are not sure if it is the same bear?

I read that too, just didn't post so BOBO wouldn't get side tracked today, he has a lot of work to get down grin

.IIRC. this happened only 8 miles from the location the other 3 where attacked, hunter said "the bear bushwhacked him in timber fall"..Sounds like an educated bear..

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: That didnt take long [Re: Western] #7618648 09/28/19 04:47 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Western
Originally Posted by Stub

I read that too, just didn't post so BOBO wouldn't get side tracked today, he has a lot of work to get down grin

.IIRC. this happened only 8 miles from the location the other 3 where attacked, hunter said "the bear bushwhacked him in timber fall"..Sounds like an educated bear..

It steams me, unfortunately as they say elections have consequences, and the Obama appointment judge decided to disagree with USF&G and every legitimate biologist and field ecologist that testified before the courts.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7618735 09/28/19 07:08 PM
B
brokenpole Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Let’s see go into bear country and act surprised that bears are around. Nothing like hunting in Texas with our 1500 dollar deer blinds with heaters, 20k side by sides. All the drama we have is a rattlesnake sighting or heaven forbid one of the other guys did not show up for work day. LMAO

Re: That didnt take long [Re: brokenpole] #7618759 09/28/19 07:45 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by brokenpole
Let’s see go into bear country and act surprised that bears are around. Nothing like hunting in Texas with our 1500 dollar deer blinds with heaters, 20k side by sides. All the drama we have is a rattlesnake sighting or heaven forbid one of the other guys did not show up for work day. LMAO

What?

Technically you are probably more likely to die in Texas driving to your lease then anyone hunting in grizz country but
a lot of us on here actually hunt a lot out west a lot and in grizzly country. I think you missed the part where we are well past recovery numbers(over 10 years now)and now have the highest historical 100 year densities with zero ability to manage.

Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7618784 09/28/19 08:17 PM
B
brokenpole Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
No sir I did not miss that point. When prepping for a hunt is this not one thing to consider? Yes the management is terrible, but if your going into a known situation why do you go unprepared or go at all. That’s why deer hunting in Texas has became so watered down. Every acre every deer totally managed down to offspring

Re: That didnt take long [Re: brokenpole] #7618802 09/28/19 08:46 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by brokenpole
No sir I did not miss that point. When prepping for a hunt is this not one thing to consider? Yes the management is terrible, but if your going into a known situation why do you go unprepared or go at all. That’s why deer hunting in Texas has became so watered down. Every acre every deer totally managed down to offspring

I’m reading this as you think we should just stop hunting in or around the 30 million acres that includes the GYES because grizzly numbers are unchecked?

Being prepared and on the look out is a given. For the most part these guys aren’t being idiots, and they where prepared thus why they are still alive. It’s one thing if it’s a on off every few years. That’s just technically a statistical probability of sooner or later.

What we have now is an unprecedented exponential increase of attacks with no end in sight. In other words we have past the might happen to its going to happen. If it’s a given to happen, then prepared because offensive instead of defensive and you arent actually hunting grouse, pheasants, elk and mule deer anymore. When it became to dangerous to hunt and they shut down hunting, what happens to the hunting population and income that goes directly to wildlife conservation

Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7618813 09/28/19 09:10 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
BOBO, I'm betting this is a single bear that some how has been "re conditioned", or conditioned, could be an old bear with few teeth for all we know, but I bet it is the same one likely in all 4 of these attacks. I know I'd rather be hunting in Montana than walking the streets of many US city's if only possibility's and probabilities are considered .

I do see your POV though and think maybe they should consider dividing the federal delisting to specific areas, or divided management, from what I read, seemed to be the dissenting factor for the groups you mentioned. IDDK and you are likely much more read up on ESA than I for sure.

Dennis

Re: That didnt take long [Re: Western] #7618832 09/28/19 09:30 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
BOBO, I'm betting this is a single bear that some how has been "re conditioned", or conditioned, could be an old bear with few teeth for all we know, but I bet it is the same one likely in all 4 of these attacks. I know I'd rather be hunting in Montana than walking the streets of many US city's if only possibility's and probabilities are considered .

I do see your POV though and think maybe they should consider dividing the federal delisting to specific areas, or divided management, from what I read, seemed to be the dissenting factor for the groups you mentioned. IDDK and you are likely much more read up on ESA than I for sure.

Just like wolves delisting can be departmentalized(Idaho not protected, Minnesota protected) . Only purposed hunting was GYSES not cascades etc.

They are all becoming conditioned, zero reason to fear a human for past 15+ generations of bears.

Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7618848 09/28/19 09:52 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Just like wolves delisting can be departmentalized(Idaho not protected, Minnesota protected) . Only purposed hunting was GYSES not cascades etc.

They are all becoming conditioned, zero reason to fear a human for past 15+ generations of bears.

Agree 1000% for any bear used as a tourist attraction (yellowstone) Applies equally to black bear as well IMO. Also agree on the approach you mention as far as wolves, I'd rather see some containment when needed in an effort to at least have a few locations they can survive.

From what I read, they only have 10 currently in the cascasdes as of Aug 2019

Dennis

Re: That didnt take long [Re: Western] #7618865 09/28/19 10:25 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal

Agree 1000% for any bear used as a tourist attraction (yellowstone) Applies equally to black bear as well IMO. Also agree on the approach you mention as far as wolves, I'd rather see some containment when needed in an effort to at least have a few locations they can survive.

From what I read, they only have 10 currently in the cascasdes as of Aug 2019

That will increase quickly from BC(grizz ban) dispersal. Those young boars will have to haul arse and disperse or be killed by the older males, since population are about to exponentially increase there.

Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7618879 09/28/19 10:43 PM
B
brokenpole Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
[quote=brokenpole]No sir I did not miss that point. When prepping for a hunt is this not one thing to consider? Yes the management is terrible, but if your going into a known situation why do you go unprepared or go at all. That’s why deer hunting in Texas has became so watered down. Every acre every deer totally managed down to offspring

I’m reading this as you think we should just stop hunting in or around the 30 million acres that includes the GYES because grizzly numbers are unchecked?

Being prepared and on the look out is a given. For the most part these guys aren’t being idiots, and they where prepared thus why they are still alive. It’s one thing if it’s a on off every few years. That’s just technically a statistical probability of sooner or later.

What we have now is an unprecedented exponential increase of attacks with no end in sight. In other words we have past the might happen to its going to happen. If it’s a given to happen, then prepared because offensive instead of defensive and you arent actually hunting grouse, pheasants, elk and mule deer anymore. When it became to dangerous to hunt and they shut down hunting, what happens to the hunting population and income that goes directly to wildlife conservation

[/quote

Let’s look at this as a comparison. First of all know that I lean so far to the right that I almost fall over. Population control got out of hand with the grizzlies because of bad conservation management. I agree that point. I do know this when a quail population out grows it’s resources it has a die off, part of nature right. The grizzlies are doing what we let them do. Expand their territory. As humans we are expanding unchecked also. In 50 years hunting will be a thing of the past except for the few that will pay 50k to shoot a deer or whatever in a completely managed environment. We already see this in high fence and Africa trips right. I love to hunt and fish. I take my son as much as I can because I know he won’t get the opportunity as much when he gets older. Just like I had more opportunity when I was young. Resources. Enjoy them while you can. We can all learn how to make pottery I guess

Re: That didnt take long [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7618882 09/28/19 10:45 PM
D
DWB Montana Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Living here in Montana, I can tell you there is a lot more bear interactions people never hear about in this state, then you could believe. Grizz are showing up more and more where they have not been seen for decades! I personally have seen grizz where they have not been since before 1900. Activist judges are a plague on this nation, creating legislation from the bench is not their responsibility, yet it happens almost daily it seems. The far left has stacked the courts with these judges, and they do not fail to do what they were sent there to do....I just hope and pray , the state of Texas does not go blue as the media is indicating it may.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide