Print Thread
Dern Climate change #7612333 09/21/19 05:04 PM
S
Stratgolfer Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
1. It has gotten .3 degrees warmer in the last 20 years.
2. It has gotten 1 degree warmer since before the beginning of the industrial age (mid 1800's maybe early 1900's).
3. In 1960's there was an estimated 5000-15000 Polar bears, now there is an estimated 28000.

Where is your outrage?
(disclosure: There may be sarcasm in this post)

"I was called by the Yorkers a outlaw, and later by the english a rebel" Ethan Allen
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Stratgolfer] #7612335 09/21/19 05:11 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
But, but, but, AOC says..........

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Stratgolfer] #7612343 09/21/19 05:25 PM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Plastic straws and cows are just false flags. But, it is really it is ZIP LOCK BAGS. All them vegans store their carrots and bean spouts in single use zip lock bags. Yeah, I said it. Thats the crazy aunt no one wants to talk about. Yeah!

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Stratgolfer] #7612347 09/21/19 05:33 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
I think there is climate change and things are happening. That being said, I don't agree with allowing politicians to tax us for it just to turn around and ruin another pot of money that was intended for something else. We can all make minor contributions to make a positive change and help our environment. We recycle and when we walk the dogs we take a bag with us a pick up all the trash on the side of the roads in our path. Once it's full, we dump into a neighbors trash and start over, usually get 3 bags each. Every little bit helps.

Last edited by rolyat.nosaj; 09/21/19 05:36 PM.
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: bill oxner] #7612362 09/21/19 05:46 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bill oxner
But, but, but, AOC says".......... "

wink

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Stratgolfer] #7612365 09/21/19 05:50 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Talk to the rest of the world that doesn’t do anything about it, India, China, Mexico, Russia, etc.

Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Stratgolfer] #7612371 09/21/19 05:56 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
This earth has been getting warmer since the Ice Age.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Stratgolfer] #7612380 09/21/19 06:08 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Climate change my be a natural occurrence, but air pollution is for real. I rarely have to use my oxygen around Abilene or anywhere else except when we go to see our grandkids, On the way to Fort Worth I usually start having problems about Weatherford, and whne we leave, I am okay after Weatherford. The air quality in DFW sucks,

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Stratgolfer] #7612390 09/21/19 06:24 PM
B
Bar-D Online Mad
Veteran Tracker
Online Mad
Veteran Tracker
B
My wife and I recycled just about everything for years. We live out in the country but have a company haul our trash weekly. He would rarely have more than a couple of bags in our trash. My wife works in Abilene so about twice a month, we would load up all the recycling and she would take it with her to a recycling collection point. We separated everything like the collection center wanted, different color glass, aluminum cans, steel cans, newsprint, cardboard, plastics, you name it. It would fill up her trunk. About 3 months ago, we found out Abilene does not have a contract with anyone for the recycling any longer and what we took for recycling was just taken to the landfill. We couldn't see any reason to continue sorting everything out and now our trash guy picks up four or five bags weekly. I hate not having the option to recycle, I think it is the logical and ethical thing to do. We are going to eventually run out of landfill space just because of single use plastic containers. JMTCW

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Bar-D] #7612411 09/21/19 07:01 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
But look at that beautiful mountain range Abilene is building north of town, one day Abilene will have a mountain range with snow capped peaks and ski resorts and mountain trails. They just need to plant some pine trees, and soon people will have summer homes in the cool mountain air. clap

China quit buying a lot of the recyclables. https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...c-trash-go-now-that-china-doesnt-want-it

Originally Posted by Bar-D
My wife and I recycled just about everything for years. We live out in the country but have a company haul our trash weekly. He would rarely have more than a couple of bags in our trash. My wife works in Abilene so about twice a month, we would load up all the recycling and she would take it with her to a recycling collection point. We separated everything like the collection center wanted, different color glass, aluminum cans, steel cans, newsprint, cardboard, plastics, you name it. It would fill up her trunk. About 3 months ago, we found out Abilene does not have a contract with anyone for the recycling any longer and what we took for recycling was just taken to the landfill. We couldn't see any reason to continue sorting everything out and now our trash guy picks up four or five bags weekly. I hate not having the option to recycle, I think it is the logical and ethical thing to do. We are going to eventually run out of landfill space just because of single use plastic containers. JMTCW

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7612421 09/21/19 07:21 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Paper straws, soon all of the trees will be taken out of the ecosystem to support our straw habit. Next we will have cleared the entire earth of trees, the earth will overheat and explode no time.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: dogcatcher] #7612427 09/21/19 07:29 PM
B
Bar-D Online Mad
Veteran Tracker
Online Mad
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
But look at that beautiful mountain range Abilene is building north of town, one day Abilene will have a mountain range with snow capped peaks and ski resorts and mountain trails. They just need to plant some pine trees, and soon people will have summer homes in the cool mountain air. clap

China quit buying a lot of the recyclables. https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...c-trash-go-now-that-china-doesnt-want-it

Beautiful Mt. Stinky. Don't drink from the waterfall.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: kmon11] #7612435 09/21/19 07:40 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by kmon1
This earth has been getting warmer since the Ice Age.

I concur

Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Stratgolfer] #7612437 09/21/19 07:44 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Earth is self cleaning.

Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Stratgolfer] #7612464 09/21/19 08:28 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
DogCatcher, you’re spot on. There are days that I just can’t seem to catch my breath.

That, my friends is just one item of many that is what we call our environment, slowly picking us off 1 by 1 from all sorts of cancers, unexplained illnesses and diseases. We’re just so used to it so we go on about our daily lives, oblivious to it all.

I call what we’re currently living in “Climate Confusion”

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Bar-D] #7612621 09/22/19 12:31 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General

Recycling costs money. Most people don't realize that. It all comes down to the moolah.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Stratgolfer] #7612858 09/22/19 12:22 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
God has given us exactly what we need to prosper and be in good health. No man can change the climate and it is not changing up or down more than it ever has since He created it. You see everyone needs a savior, but the godless people want to be the savior so they must constantly create a doomsday scenario so They can be the savior. There is nothing new under the sun, just ignorance vs. wisdom.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: Dern Climate change [Re: kry226] #7612865 09/22/19 12:34 PM
B
Bar-D Online Mad
Veteran Tracker
Online Mad
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by kry226

Recycling costs money. Most people don't realize that. It all comes down to the moolah.

Yes, I realize that. When China quit buying most recyclables, it put the kibosh on the ability of many smaller municipalities to continue their recycling programs. The cost of developing and building their own recycling plants would be huge, therefore prohibitive. Everything costs money including collecting and hauling formerly recyclable garbage to and maintaining a local landfill. The root problem, as I see it, is that we have become a "throw away" society. When I was growing up, we had glass milk jugs that we took to the dairy to be refilled. We collected "coke bottles" to return for the deposit. At three to five cents a bottle, we could make a "killing" on a weekend. I was probably 16 years old before I realized that not everybody drank from Garrett Snuff glasses. If someone had told me then that in 10 to 15 years most people would buy their drinking water in plastic bottles, I would have thought they were off their rocker. I'm certainly not calling for the adoption of the "New Green Deal" but you would think there is a sensible solution to the mass consumption and waste that has become the norm.

Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Bar-D] #7612882 09/22/19 01:02 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by kry226

Yes, I realize that. When China quit buying most recyclables, it put the kibosh on the ability of many smaller municipalities to continue their recycling programs. The cost of developing and building their own recycling plants would be huge, therefore prohibitive. Everything costs money including collecting and hauling formerly recyclable garbage to and maintaining a local landfill. The root problem, as I see it, is that we have become a "throw away" society. When I was growing up, we had glass milk jugs that we took to the dairy to be refilled. We collected "coke bottles" to return for the deposit. At three to five cents a bottle, we could make a "killing" on a weekend. I was probably 16 years old before I realized that not everybody drank from Garrett Snuff glasses. If someone had told me then that in 10 to 15 years most people would buy their drinking water in plastic bottles, I would have thought they were off their rocker. I'm certainly not calling for the adoption of the "New Green Deal" but you would think there is a sensible solution to the mass consumption and waste that has become the norm.

We live in Dallas and I am an avid recycler that will dumpster dive when I see that my wife or others have put recycle material in the regular trash can hammer

Was surprised last week when my wife showed me a list of Recyclable material that Dallas will not take because it might mess up their recycle machine or have food particles? Like our usual Sunday night pizza box is a no and there is usually not a scrap of food left when we are through grin Plastic bags because they can clog the gears in the machine and the list goes on of actual recyling material they will not take.
If I adhere to these guidelines my reclying contributions will be reduced quite a bit, so lets just build another landfill in next to lake Lewisville or??

texas flag

Re: Dern Climate change [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7613010 09/22/19 04:45 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
God has given us exactly what we need to prosper and be in good health. No man can change the climate and it is not changing up or down more than it ever has since He created it. You see everyone needs a savior, but the godless people want to be the savior so they must constantly create a doomsday scenario so They can be the savior. There is nothing new under the sun, just ignorance vs. wisdom.

Agree whole heartedly

Re: Dern Climate change [Re: Stratgolfer] #7613706 09/23/19 01:44 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

We'll grow oranges in Alaska..

Last edited by TCM3; 09/23/19 01:45 PM.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide