Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,763
Posts9,728,876
Members87,039
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Lt. Governor renews call for stronger gun background checks #7610325 09/19/19 09:54 AM
D
decook Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
From the Houston Chronicle, our Lt. Governor, the poster child of how long it takes a well meaning citizen becoming fed up with the system, becomes elected in state politics, then become hopelessly corrupted himself. I remember when he chartered 2 buses and went to Austin to speak about property valuations and how the county governments were using this as a guaranteed yearly pay raise. I remember when he was skipped in the Senate even though he was scheduled to speak, and literally thrown out of the chambers. I couldn't vote for him, but he was a citizen hero to me when he ran for and won the state senator election by a landslide.

All he did was pander property taxes to the citizens. The one thing he ran on. And we got nothing. It's time for this charlatan to go back to bloviating his radio show.

Now this. According to this article his last election was razor thin, so he's either vote purchasing Democrats or positioning himself for a higher office run in the Federal system.
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick is doubling down on his call for closing loopholes in gun sales background checks despite withering criticism from other Republicans, conservative groups that have ardently supported him, and the National Rifle Association.

Blistered by the GOP, Dan Patrick renews call for stronger gun background checks

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: Lt. Governor renews call for stronger gun background checks [Re: decook] #7611090 09/20/19 12:47 AM
G
Gamblinman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
If it would make a tinkers damn difference I might agree, but it won't. Criminals will always have stolen and black market guns at their disposal.

" I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt turkeys because I have to."
Re: Lt. Governor renews call for stronger gun background checks [Re: decook] #7611570 09/20/19 04:23 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
When California figures out how to stop people from killing each other with firearms, I will listen.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Lt. Governor renews call for stronger gun background checks [Re: pegasaurus] #7611596 09/20/19 04:44 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
When California figures out how to stop people from killing each other with firearms, I will listen.

I got this out of an editorial about how gun control is the wrong solution to the wrong problem. It's the culture of death that's been created.>> Mother Teresa: "The greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself. And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another?" Pretty intelligent woman, and, even though I'm NOT a Roman Catholic, she was (is) an actual saint in my book.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Lt. Governor renews call for stronger gun background checks [Re: pegasaurus] #7611644 09/20/19 05:32 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by pegasaurus

Or Chicago......Or Mexico. They have gun control that is super duper effective. I think they found 40 something bodies last week in a single hole.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide