Forums46
Topics537,988
Posts9,731,436
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: wp75169] #7609622 09/18/19 01:27 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by wp75169
The undersized tire is a bigger problem than you think. If you put it on the rear and you have a limited slip differential of any kind it will wear it out in short order. A few days of driving like that and it will be an open differential.

Truth

Charlie

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: nak] #7609625 09/18/19 01:32 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by nak
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
You’re off base. The factory supplied those items, not the dealer. I would have expected to outfit a high-lift or similar. Additionally, you never checked or did anything about the tiny spare.

No, it was not factory installed. The dealership had them installed after the vehicle was delivered to their lot.

The spare is not a problem. I do not have an issue with it being 2" smaller than the tires on the truck, especially since I was make aware of that at the time of purchase. It will still mount on the vehicle and get you home...no different than the do-nut spare provided on may cars.

My issue that the dealership provided a jack and lug wrench that do not fit. No jack and lug wrench would have been better.

Honestly, how may folks pull their lug wrench and jack out to test it out, before it is needed? This does not fit the "reasonable person" test.

If the dealer supplied the jack and the lug wrench (which is what I meant, not the lift/tires), you have a minor beef with them, but I'd just go on down the road.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: nak] #7609627 09/18/19 01:35 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Most spares now days are for temporary use only. I don't remember the last time I used mine. I always replace all 4 tires. It wasn't that way in the old days. You replace 3 and used your best old tire for a spare.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: nak] #7609639 09/18/19 01:50 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
All on you. It’s been 3 years dude.
And the factory supplied the lug wrench and the jack and spare. Not the dealership.
The dealer may have put the lift and tires on it but not the above mentioned items.

🍻
Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: nak] #7609647 09/18/19 01:59 PM
Greg Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I agree with everyone above. Sucks to be in that situation, but no need to go chewing someone’s arse that had nothing to do with it. You got a good deal on the lift, so go get you a jack and a nice break over handle and move on down the road.

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: nak] #7609649 09/18/19 02:00 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by nak
You’re off base. The factory supplied those items, not the dealer. I would have expected to outfit a high-lift or similar. Additionally, you never checked or did anything about the tiny spare.

No, it was not factory installed. The dealership had them installed after the vehicle was delivered to their lot.

The spare is not a problem. I do not have an issue with it being 2" smaller than the tires on the truck, especially since I was make aware of that at the time of purchase. It will still mount on the vehicle and get you home...no different than the do-nut spare provided on may cars.

My issue that the dealership provided a jack and lug wrench that do not fit. No jack and lug wrench would have been better.

Honestly, how may folks pull their lug wrench and jack out to test it out, before it is needed? This does not fit the "reasonable person" test.

The factory provided the jack and lug wrench.
The dealership modified or has had a 3rd party modify the vehicle from the factory specs.
You purchased a vehicle that was modified from factory specs.

A reasonable person would have asked more about the modified equipment.

If you had the lift done yourself, would you expect the shop to provide you a new jack or lug wrench?
Would you have expected the shop to sell you a jack and lug wrench?
Would you expect the shop to give you a jack and lug wrench 3 years later?

Just accept that you screwed up and didn’t ask the right questions.
Then go buy one of these.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/jack-base-jeep-wrangler-jl

[Linked Image]

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: nak] #7609660 09/18/19 02:06 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I didn't know people actually used the factory jack and lug wrench

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: nak] #7609664 09/18/19 02:07 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
You bought a modified vehicle. That's on you.

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7609667 09/18/19 02:12 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Wait until he finds out the dealership only warrants the lift for 1year / 12K miles. He is going to flip his lid.

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7609690 09/18/19 02:41 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by nak

If the dealer supplied the jack and the lug wrench (which is what I meant, not the lift/tires), you have a minor beef with them, but I'd just go on down the road.

That makes more sense, now that you’ve clarified.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7609692 09/18/19 02:42 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

He bought a new vehicle from a dealer that is warrantied by the dealer. All add on parts are under warranty, just like any other vehicle trim level would be.

[Linked Image]
Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7609697 09/18/19 02:52 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

He bought a new vehicle from a dealer that is warrantied by the dealer. All add on parts are under warranty, just like any other vehicle trim level would be.

If it was TRD I could understand. Was it TRD or aftermarket? My understanding it that it is aftermarket.

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: nak] #7609712 09/18/19 03:11 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
My Cadillac CTS didn't even come with a spare, it came with a plug in inflator. lol

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: nak] #7609788 09/18/19 04:45 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Dealership didn't even think about the spare, jack or lug wrench. They only had their focus ($$$$) on selling a truck that was already accessorized.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: The Dude Abides] #7609812 09/18/19 05:05 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Dealership didn't even think about the spare, jack or lug wrench. They only had their focus ($$$$) on selling a truck that was already accessorized.

Lol, neither did the owner.....if he lifted it at a shop is it the shops job to make sure he has a Jack or correct tire tool?

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: nak] #7609814 09/18/19 05:05 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
This is about the only thread that has consistent members in agreement, lol. OP's fault, live and learn. I purchased a new F150 but before delivery had seller go with me down the road to an offroad shop where I picked out wheels, tires, lift, etc; had it rolled into vehicle contract and installed before I signed, made payment and took delivery. Got written confirmation on all items warranted in standard veh warranty with no limited warranty on the lift. At delivery, I increased my down payment for the amount I had all ready saved and planned to spend on the wheels, tires and lift. I had them delivery truck to my house where I immediately placed my blocks, lug socket/wrench with cheater bar and heavy duty jack, that I had bought in anticipation of what to do when have a flat. Also placed in truck emergency tools, jumper cables, gloves, flashing light etc... same thing I have done in all my, wife and kids vehicles.

OP, come on man! your situation sucked but could have been prevented

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7609830 09/18/19 05:25 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

If it was TRD I could understand. Was it TRD or aftermarket? My understanding it that it is aftermarket.

It sounds to me like it was TSS, which are add-ons done by the dealer, not the manufacturer. But, he didn’t say whether it was TSS or TRD or something else.

It’s aftermarket, but the dealer does it before putting it on the lot and rebrands it as a TSS (Toyota Sports Series). TRD is a series of packages that are offered by Toyota corporate, like a King Ranch F-150 is offered by Ford.

It’s a way for the dealer to jack up the price of a non-TRD Tacoma or Tundra (SR5) by upgrading the wheels and tires, suspension and decals. Dealers can do whatever they want. But since the dealer added them on prior to sale, the add-ons are warrantied, just like the shocks or wheels are on a TRD model.

Either way, OP didn’t add on aftermarket accessories or anything. He bought it that way from the dealer and paid a premium for it. The dealer didn’t change out or provide functional tools for the add-ons, which is bad, but shouldn’t be unexpected, and the OP should’ve checked a long time ago.

[Linked Image]
Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: Ramball36] #7609831 09/18/19 05:25 PM
P
Pope&Young Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Ramball36
I didn't know people actually used the factory jack and lug wrench

trout Mike... Not everyone can fabricate one on the side of the road like you hammer

[Linked Image]
Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7609843 09/18/19 05:57 PM
Z
ZK-315 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

Lol, neither did the owner.....if he lifted it at a shop is it the shops job to make sure he has a Jack or correct tire tool?

Nope. That right there is called an up-sale in the parts and accessories world..

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: ZK-315] #7609850 09/18/19 06:15 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Nak.....go whoop some arse. It's their fault.

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: fadetoblack64] #7609856 09/18/19 06:21 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64

And video the exchange for our amusement...grin

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: nak] #7609857 09/18/19 06:22 PM
DeRico Offline
Mobius 1
Mobius 1
The nail has been hit many times on the head. Three years down the road and you KNEW about the smaller spare, I don’t understand why it wouldn’t occur to you to purchase a new jack for the lifted vehicle if you have experience with lifted vehicles?

[Linked Image]
Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: fadetoblack64] #7609862 09/18/19 06:29 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Lol you just gotta pet the puppy the wrong way don't you

It's hell eatin em live
Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: redchevy] #7609869 09/18/19 06:33 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by redchevy

Always. Balance is in my nature.

Re: So how mad should I be at the car dealership? [Re: fadetoblack64] #7609956 09/18/19 08:02 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by redchevy

Always. Balance is in my nature.

roflmao

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide