Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
Originally Posted by Chopped54
I put in a Blaze...

They are 100% stainless down to the cast burners.

https://www.blazegrills.com

I did the same; I like it.

Suggested that yesterday. We have them at my work and they’re nice. I’ve never seen $ tho

This is the one I got
https://www.bbqguys.com/blaze-outdoor-products/25-inch-3-burner-built-in-natural-gas-grill-blz-3-ng

It is a little over the $1000 price point, but the full stainless construction and lifetime warranty are worth it. The cast stainless burners were worth it alone!

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: Gas grills [Re: Roll-Tide] #7604512 09/11/19 09:30 PM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
You just got a settlement check. I guess about 13k.

Get a DCS

Mr. Lance Hunter, Lieutenant in Homicide with Dallas PD, how about you mind your own business and stop talking about my personal life, which you know nothing about. It’s not only annoying, it’s creepy, and has been going on way to long on this forum. Understood?

Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604532 09/11/19 09:57 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
from what I've found, once you start having to replace parts like burners, shields, grates, etc. you might as well buy a new grill. I had a very nice 4 burner that lasted about 6-7 years before the grates were going bad, the heat shields were rusting from the high heat, burners getting hard to light ... and I started pricing replacement parts and I could go buy a decent larger size at Home Depot for cheaper than buying all the parts to rebuild. I took the old one to the deer lease to use the 2 and sometimes 3 burners for various things until it dies and bought a new one. I think mine is a Nexgrill 5 burner with convection and side burner (can easily be removed) from HD and with all 5 burners & convection it will peg the thermometer in a few minutes, I think that is 750 or maybe 800. I never run that hot though. was in the $400-500 range a couple years back, ready to go minus a propane tank.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604536 09/11/19 10:02 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
The cost of replacement parts is what scares me the most, mine needs a few pieces hopefully it doesn't get out of control.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Gas grills [Re: Chopped54] #7604540 09/11/19 10:06 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Chopped54
This is the one I got
https://www.bbqguys.com/blaze-outdoor-products/25-inch-3-burner-built-in-natural-gas-grill-blz-3-ng

It is a little over the $1000 price point, but the full stainless construction and lifetime warranty are worth it. The cast stainless burners were worth it alone!

Mine is https://www.blazegrills.com/product/5-burner-grill/ and I got additional Infrared burners, two smoke boxes, and a Rotisserie. Natural Gas.

A little over $2000 - https://www.bbqguys.com/blaze-outdo...grill-with-rear-infrared-burner-blz-5-ng

Again, it's coming up on five years old and haven't had any problems and there are no signs that any parts will soon need replaced. Out of curiosity sparked by PMK's and Herbie Hancock's concern about replacement parts cost I looked into it and found prices to be reasonable. This furthers my stance that this was the right purchase for me. I'd rather replace parts than have to replace a whole grill because one burner has failed and the system is now crippled... and having to replace it at much more of a cost than my replacement part cost.

Last edited by Mickey Moose; 09/11/19 10:31 PM. Reason: replacement parts

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Gas grills [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7604543 09/11/19 10:11 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
I have a Webber. It will do what you're talking about. Well built, good heat sink, double wall lid, hold heats perfectly. I have a rotisserie for chickens and beef tenderloins. That sucker will get hot, light all three burners, close the lid watch the needle.

I have a 3 burner weber with the searing burner as well, it's natural gas, that sucker pegs out the thermometer with all 4 on high.

That temp is not at the grate. It is all 4 burners equally creating heat above the grate and is essentially just baking over direct flame.
It takes special burners to create the heat below the grate BP is looking for and they are expensive. Not going to happen with standard burners.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Gas grills [Re: Roll-Tide] #7604621 09/11/19 11:42 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Get a DCS

What a punk arse douche bag move....you need someone to teach you about respecting other peoples personal business minding your own business....I'd be happy to meet you to discuss that very thing....

In the mean time crawl back under your desk and get back to work.....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604622 09/11/19 11:47 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Oh snap

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Gas grills [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7604625 09/11/19 11:54 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Get a DCS

What a punk arse douche bag move....you need someone to teach you about respecting other peoples personal business minding your own business....I'd be happy to meet you to discuss that very thing....

That was a BS move. Not sure why he felt he needed to bring that up or point that out.

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604628 09/11/19 11:55 PM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Well, this was not the first time he has made that point either.

[Linked Image]
Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604629 09/11/19 11:55 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Out. Later.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Gas grills [Re: LFD2037] #7604643 09/12/19 12:11 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by LFD2037
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Get a DCS

That was a BS move. Not sure why he felt he needed to bring that up or point that out.

Because he's a little worm of a man that apparently is still waiting for his marbles to drop so he can grow hair on his chest.... 2cents

Has to live vicariously through real men.....very sad when you think about it.....

Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604654 09/12/19 12:25 AM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
In my opinion there just isn't a replacement for or an equal to a gas grill that uses ceramic briquettes on SS trays above the burners, like the Turbo's use.

I have an over 20 year old Captn cooker which is a discontinued base model Turbo, I still can get any parts easily.

In that same time period Ive gone through 3 webers at our place in Blanco, 3 various gas grills at ranch HQ, the one over 20 year old grill at the house in town out cooks any & all of the ones Ive had.
My brother has a 7-10 year old top of the line Turbo, worth every penny.

Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604664 09/12/19 12:34 AM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I like to cook my steak the same way, very high heat, very short time. Im the same way with propane over charcoal, sometimes I don't decide to throw on a steak until last minute, its nice to just turn a dial on and off. Im going to look into the Turbo line for my next grill. Was leaning towards a weber, but the Turbo looks pretty nice. Ive gone through several grills in the last 10 years, same problems with all, the deflectors and burner bars rust out. I actually cut heavy angle iron to replace the deflectors of my last grill and used it like that for several years.

[Linked Image]
Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604677 09/12/19 12:45 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
back pay no mind to the big stinky doucher.

It really is amazing just how cheap of a product these companies are allowed to put on the market without direct replacement part availability.

[Linked Image]
Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604688 09/12/19 01:01 AM
T
tigger Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by BigPig
Looking for a new gas grill. 3-4 burners, don’t care about side burners. Full stainless inside construction. IT MUST GET HOT!!! I like to cook my steak at 700+ for about 45 seconds per side, that’s it.

Trying to keep it under $1,000.

Right now I’m liking 3 Embers and Kenmore Elite. Also looking at Turbo, but they are above the $1,000 mark. Weber isn’t out of the question, but their stupid side propane really hinders where I’m putting this.

Looking for a new gas grill. 3-4 burners, don’t care about side burners. Full stainless inside construction. IT MUST GET HOT!!! I like to cook my steak at 700+ for about 45 seconds per side, that’s it.

Right now I’m liking 3 Embers and Kenmore Elite. Also looking at Turbo, but they are above the $1,000 mark. Weber isn’t out of the question, but their stupid side propane really hinders where I’m putting this.

How hot is hot

Tigger
If it isn't white it is not a birddog.

KC
Lying is lying. Don't bitch about one doing it and condone another. That's called hypocrisy.
Re: Gas grills [Re: Bullfrog] #7604690 09/12/19 01:08 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
back pay no mind to the big stinky doucher.

It really is amazing just how cheap of a product these companies are allowed to put on the market without direct replacement part availability.

If nobody bought them they would stop making them. It at sub $500, most grills are disposable.
Use it for 3-4 years and buy a new one.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Gas grills [Re: rjf1911] #7604696 09/12/19 01:19 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by rjf1911
I have a Kenmore Elite. I like it, but can’t get it past about 600. I cook slower , so it’s fine for me.

Before that I had a Turbo....it’ll get to the temp you want. I could control the temp easily.

If I had it to do again, I would have gotten another Turbo.

Now, both of mine were LNG, not propane.

LNG burns cooler than LP based on equal amounts of fuel used. I have always switched my propane grills to natural gas and still used propane. The Ng uses a larger profile for more flow, more Lp flowing means it gets hotter.

I’d like something between 700-1000 degrees. Sometimes I like to throw in a seasoned cast iron skillet, toss the steak on it, but it has to be very very hot to achieve the right cook. I love a good seared/char yet remain blue inside.

Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604703 09/12/19 01:23 AM
R
rjf1911 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rjf1911
I have a Kenmore Elite. I like it, but can’t get it past about 600. I cook slower , so it’s fine for me.

Before that I had a Turbo....it’ll get to the temp you want. I could control the temp easily.

If I had it to do again, I would have gotten another Turbo.

Now, both of mine were LNG, not propane.

LNG burns cooler than LP based on equal amounts of fuel used. I have always switched my propane grills to natural gas and still used propane. The Ng uses a larger profile for more flow, more Lp flowing means it gets hotter.

I’d like something between 700-1000 degrees. Sometimes I like to throw in a seasoned cast iron skillet, toss the steak on it, but it has to be very very hot to achieve the right cook. I love a good seared/char yet remain blue inside.

So if I convert mine back to propane, I can get it hotter?

If that’s the case, I am going to do it....only reason I changed was convenience.

Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604710 09/12/19 01:33 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I hope I don't throw a monkey wrench in your kitchen design but for mine I am planning to use a 250-300 gal propane tank to run...

1) a four burner plus griddle in the middle for 6 total burners cook top,
2) a gas oven (maybe a double oven)
3) a gas grill (3 burner like you are looking at)
and finally....
4) a single very hot gas burner set up (similar to the one skinnerback used on the goose hunt) to hold a very large pot, a wok, or a disk cooker.....frying fish, boil crawfish, fry a turkey, or make a large pot of chili, making a quick stir fry in the wok, or cooking breakfast on a disk...

Four separate cooking stations all on LP....our house is all electric and I hate cooking on electric....

This also allows for cooking meals you don't want to smell up the house....all under roof but outside....

I already have a good offset stick burner pit and am building a smoke shack next to it.....

Jes a thought....might consider what else you want in your kitchen and plan for a remote fuel tank..... 2cents

Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604712 09/12/19 01:36 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Can I ask what the absolute heck do you need 700-1000 degrees for? That seems awful high where 500 would sear a steak just fine. Bunch of impatient fools!!!

[Linked Image]
Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604713 09/12/19 01:37 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Course BigPig wants to hold a conversation with his steaks, since they’re still talking back

[Linked Image]
Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604714 09/12/19 01:37 AM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Used grand turbo for $350
https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/for/d/mansfield-barbeques-galore-38-grand/6968264725.html

Says it needs new burners
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=grand+tu...tag=hydsma-20&ref=pd_sl_73dg0ifcgz_b

You could probably get all new guts including ceramic blocks, grates (although they look pretty good) and be all in for about $650-700. Can’t tell if it has any dents or not, but if not, it might be worth a look. A little stainless steal cleaner and bam!

I replaced 2 burners on my original one and they just slide in. I also got new grates and ceramic bricks and it looked like new. Really an easy project.

Turbo is not viking or dcs, but they are real nice grills. The infrared burners will sear your steaks great. Just a thought.

Re: Gas grills [Re: Bullfrog] #7604720 09/12/19 01:40 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Can I ask what the absolute heck do you need 700-1000 degrees for? That seems awful high where 500 would sear a steak just fine. Bunch of impatient fools!!!

It has nothing to do with the time...it's about the result....very hot fire....just kill the bugs on the outside....still juicy and tinder on the inside....

Dehorn it, wipe its but, and slap it on a plate.... cheers

Re: Gas grills [Re: BigPig] #7604727 09/12/19 01:45 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B