Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Amber Guyger #7601879 09/09/19 12:55 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Going to be interesting to see this one played out. There has to be more than we know to support a murder conviction. As I see it now, all they have is voluntary manslaughter. Thoughts?

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7601888 09/09/19 01:04 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
[Linked Image]

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7601909 09/09/19 01:33 PM
D
dawgkllr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Going to be interesting to see this one played out. There has to be more than we know to support a murder conviction. As I see it now, all they have is voluntary manslaughter. Thoughts?

They indicted her on the murder charge to appease the masses in Dallas Co. aka Little California...……………...

That old crackheaded commie (Bernie Sanders) has lost his damn mind.. in 1983
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: dawgkllr] #7601912 09/09/19 01:35 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by dawgkllr

They indicted her on the murder charge to appease the masses in Dallas Co. aka Little California...……………...

up

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: dawgkllr] #7601913 09/09/19 01:35 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

that wouldn't make sense unless they felt they could get a conviction. otherwise your just kicking the can down the road.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7601924 09/09/19 01:49 PM
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

that wouldn't make sense unless they felt they could get a conviction. otherwise your just kicking the can down the road.

Sometimes kicking the can down the road makes sense.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7601990 09/09/19 02:44 PM
R
RayB Online Content
red bone Bob
Online Content
red bone Bob
R
She will be convicted of something other wise there will be riots in the BIG D. I bet if it's man slaughter they still get riots

There is time, and you must take it, to lay your hand on your dog's head as you walk past him lying on the floor or on his settle, time to talk with him, to remember with him, time to please him, time you can't buy back once he's gone" GBE
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: RayB] #7601996 09/09/19 02:50 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by RayB
She will be convicted of something other wise there will be riots in the BIG D. I bet if it's man slaughter they still get riots

I don't disagree.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7602015 09/09/19 03:31 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q

if you over charge, that gives you something to plea down to that will be palatable to all and avoid a trial.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7602139 09/09/19 05:36 PM
hookem48 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
She deserves jail time...

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7602141 09/09/19 05:42 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Texas Penal Code 8.02 – Mistake of Fact

(a) It is a defense to prosecution that the actor through mistake formed a reasonable belief about a matter of fact if his mistaken belief negated the kind of culpability required for commission of the offense.

This will be the defense case I'm guessing.

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: ntxtrapper] #7602153 09/09/19 05:50 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Texas Penal Code 8.02 – Mistake of Fact

(a) It is a defense to prosecution that the actor through mistake formed a reasonable belief about a matter of fact if his mistaken belief negated the kind of culpability required for commission of the offense.

This will be the defense case I'm guessing.

^^This

Listen to the audio recording from dispatch. All of it!

If they make murder stick, all of us are in a bad way.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7602172 09/09/19 06:01 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

if you over charge, that gives you something to plea down to that will be palatable to all and avoid a trial.

Ahhhh negotiation

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7602223 09/09/19 06:27 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I think murder is the right charge. She intentionally killed a man. If she legitimately believed it was self defense or there is something else that negates her culpability, then it's not guilty. I just don't see how you get anywhere in between.

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: SherpaPhil] #7602275 09/09/19 07:13 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
I think murder is the right charge. She intentionally killed a man. If she legitimately believed it was self defense or there is something else that negates her culpability, then it's not guilty. I just don't see how you get anywhere in between.

If a man is in your house, or mine, in the dark, you or I would intentionally kill him also. And would be perfectly justified in doing so. This is Texas, not Great Britain.

The problem is this simple, she thought she was in her home, but she wasn't. Had it actually been her apartment, it would have been a news story that lasted 10 seconds on the evening news, and nothing more.

And none of this has anything to do with race whatsoever. But there are groups that are making it seem this way. Had it been a black officer, that killed a white many, I would view the incident exactly the same way.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: SherpaPhil] #7602283 09/09/19 07:19 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

She is a trained police officer. She had training to help her think through the situation that the general population doesn’t get.
When have you seen, with the exception of the idiot at Parkland HS, an officer retreat from a hostile situation to call 911? Only when the threat is beyond their capability. This threat, perceived or real, was not beyond her capability to handle. Right or wrong, the threat was neutralized and a guy lost his life. Doesn’t mean it was murder.

Heck this happens everyday when someone gets behind the wheel after drinking and kills someone. They don’t always get charged with murder.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: J.G.] #7602284 09/09/19 07:21 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

If a man is in your house, or mine, in the dark, you or I would intentionally kill him also. And would be perfectly justified in doing so. This is Texas, not Great Britain.

That is the same thing I was saying. If she was justified, this wasn't a crime. If she was not justified, this was murder. There is no way this is manslaughter, involuntary, etc.

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: SherpaPhil] #7602286 09/09/19 07:22 PM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L

Prove intent.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: pegasaurus] #7602289 09/09/19 07:26 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by pegasaurus

She is a trained police officer. She had training to help her think through the situation that the general population doesn’t get.
When have you seen, with the exception of the idiot at Parkland HS, an officer retreat from a hostile situation to call 911? Only when the threat is beyond their capability. This threat, perceived or real, was not beyond her capability to handle. Right or wrong, the threat was neutralized and a guy lost his life. Doesn’t mean it was murder.

Heck this happens everyday when someone gets behind the wheel after drinking and kills someone. They don’t always get charged with murder.

The difference with drunk driving is that the drunk doesn't mean to kill someone. They are reckless and disregard other people's safety, but it is unintentional. She intentionally killed someone.

I'm not saying she is guilty, or even that charges should have been brought, Im not sure she is guilty. What I am saying is that murder is the appropriate charge for these facts, rather than a charge for something accidental yet criminal.

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: LeonCarr] #7602291 09/09/19 07:29 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by LeonCarr

Prove intent.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

She pointed a loaded gun at a person and intentionally pulled the trigger. Intent to kill is clear. There are probably factors that make it non-criminal, self defense, etc., But intent to kill is clear, she was just wrong about the circumstances.

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: SherpaPhil] #7602292 09/09/19 07:30 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by pegasaurus

The difference with drunk driving is that the drunk doesn't mean to kill someone. They are reckless and disregard other people's safety, but it is unintentional. She intentionally killed someone.

I'm not saying she is guilty, or even that charges should have been brought, Im not sure she is guilty. What I am saying is that murder is the appropriate charge for these facts, rather than a charge for something accidental yet criminal.

50% chance murder charge was intentional, in my mind.

Found not guilty.

Walks out of the courtroom a free woman.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: J.G.] #7602320 09/09/19 07:55 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
If she walks free then she better dissapear.

I couldn't stomach that if it was my family.

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7602387 09/09/19 09:05 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Only way she’s convicted of murder is if the Jury doesn’t follow instructions and votes with their emotions.

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7602438 09/09/19 10:04 PM
B
bassfishinglawyer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I predict many change their minds once they know the facts.

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #7602465 09/09/19 10:33 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer
I predict many change their minds once they know the facts.

The only way my mind will be changed is if something comes out at trial, that causes the circumstances to be completely different, than what's already known.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide