S.A. hunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
LSU QB Burrow looked like Aaron Rodgers in his prime and either the Texas defensive backs are not very good or the LSU receivers are great because they were wide open way to often.
Good game to watch, hopefully UT bounces back and finish's strong.

Not what I saw. First half the coverage was pretty good on several of the big plays it was just a good pitch and catch. That QB wasn't missing at all. towards the end both teams started getting tired. LSU'S D played a lot tighter coverage then Texas though. Those guys were always blanketing Texas. Hats off to that D they dont miss tackles too often. Both teams are very similar for sure, big tough, and physical. I think there was a lot of mutual respect at the end of that game.

I think the Sec west is on notice.

FYI I do not keep up with college games unless it is a match up like this and I am at the house with little to do. I will always pull for a Texas team so I was pulling for the Horns last night.

Your comment; pitch and catch? Does that mean there was good coverage by UT but the LSU QB just made great pass's?
I had the game recorded and did not start watching it until 8:30 and already had a few drink7 in me grin so my perception might have been a little skewed?

What I saw from the LSU QB was better decision making and a lot better passing in the pocket and on the run while pressured. I also saw a lot of LSU receivers wide open especially in the middle of the field and yes more so in the second half when everyone should be tired.

Again have not followed UT, their QB or any other team, TX QB is tough and can run the ball, did he just have an off night passing or is LSU just that good and make other teams look not up to par?

The score was 23-21 in the fourth quarter, both teams got tired. Good pitch, and catch beats good coverage any day. Not much a defender can do if the QB puts the ball in the right place. Especially on the back shoulder passes. Hats off to the lsu QB. He won the game for them.

Sam misfired multiple times when he had guys open...... great QBs dont miss on those. Needs to work on accuracy on the deep ball.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 09/08/19 02:46 PM.
Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7601153 09/08/19 02:49 PM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
LSU QB Burrow looked like Aaron Rodgers in his prime and either the Texas defensive backs are not very good or the LSU receivers are great because they were wide open way to often.
Good game to watch, hopefully UT bounces back and finish's strong.

Not what I saw. First half the coverage was pretty good on several of the big plays it was just a good pitch and catch. That QB wasn't missing at all. towards the end both teams started getting tired. LSU'S D played a lot tighter coverage then Texas though. Those guys were always blanketing Texas. Hats off to that D they dont miss tackles too often. Both teams are very similar for sure, big tough, and physical. I think there was a lot of mutual respect at the end of that game.

I think the Sec west is on notice.

FYI I do not keep up with college games unless it is a match up like this and I am at the house with little to do. I will always pull for a Texas team so I was pulling for the Horns last night.

Your comment; pitch and catch? Does that mean there was good coverage by UT but the LSU QB just made great pass's?
I had the game recorded and did not start watching it until 8:30 and already had a few drink7 in me grin so my perception might have been a little skewed?

What I saw from the LSU QB was better decision making and a lot better passing in the pocket and on the run while pressured. I also saw a lot of LSU receivers wide open especially in the middle of the field and yes more so in the second half when everyone should be tired.

Again have not followed UT, their QB or any other team, TX QB is tough and can run the ball, did he just have an off night passing or is LSU just that good and make other teams look not up to par?

The score was 23-21 in the fourth quarter, both teams got tired. Good pitch, and catch beats good coverage any day. Not much a defender can do if the QB puts the ball in the right place. Especially on the back shoulder passes. Hats off to the lsu QB. He won the game for them.

Sam misfired multiple times when he had guys open...... great QBs dont miss on those. Needs to work on accuracy on the deep ball.

up

texas flag

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: Texas buckeye] #7601158 09/08/19 02:53 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Both teams have some serious things to work on. This is totally from a non-fan perspective but both teams have serious flaws a great team can exploit pretty easily:

LSU needs to shore up tackling. Way too many missed tackles kept UT in the game. LSU secondary needs help, Or they need a pass rush. If ehlinger was given time, he found open receivers. LSU needs a run game (see below), it was nonexistent and didn’t see any running back that was solid.

UT needs a pass rush. They need better dbs. They need a running game to compliment ehlinger. They need to be able to pick up blitzes better. One thing I was very impressed with was UT tackling LSU in space, the exact opposite of the tigers who gave up a lot in open space. A two dimensional team will kill the UT defense pretty easily. A solid run game to draw the safeties up and dump over the top, or just go at the dbs and then run under them. As I said before, jalen hurts has to be salivating

These were two good teams. The hype of the game got everyone all excited but these were not two top tier teams.too many deficiencies to be top tier. Will they have potential for a January bowl? Sure they will. Will those bowls be playoffs? Not a chance.

LSU fans don’t get your hopes up. UT fans don’t get your hopes up. Neither team going to a playoff UNLESS the above is seriously addressed. Remember, you don’t win championships by offense, just ask Oklahoma about that (and they have a two dimensional offense). You need a defense to go along with a one dimensional offense. Neither team showed much in the defensive category last night

It was a pretty defensive game until the fourth quarter the score was only 23-21. Time will tell how this game will be viewed. Texas D will have to get better with experience. I think the D only has 3 returning starters, I hope time will help them gel.

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7601159 09/08/19 02:55 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Still early in season. It’s like last week, I can’t tell if the teams are good or bad.

That’s with several teams, not just Texas and LSU.

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7601163 09/08/19 03:02 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
SA, I agree UTs defense is very young, but they tackled really well. However, the youth is an issue. Will they get better sure they will. Will they be better enough to beat OU? Probably not. Jalen hurts is gonna rip that secondary apart and Lincoln Riley will have the plays to do it. Doesn’t make UT a bad team for it, it is just what it is.

Formula to beat UT: pressure ehlinger all night. He will make some plays but he will also lose a lot of plays. Offensively throw the ball. That secondary is too young. Have receivers that can find seams and come across the middle. Have a running game to be able to control clock.

As I mentioned this doesn’t make UT a bad team. They are a good team, just not elite yet. Every team has weaknessses. LSU found UTs.

I still can not believe LSU couldn’t get any pressure on ehlinger unless they blitzed. I expected their d line to be in his face a lot, and they just weren’t. Wonder if a different officiating crew throws a lot more holding calls. Seems some do and some don’t. That was a game changer too.

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: Roll-Tide] #7601164 09/08/19 03:05 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Still early in season. It’s like last week, I can’t tell if the teams are good or bad.

That’s with several teams, not just Texas and LSU.

Yep, like the Texas, Notre dame game. Was a great game, little did we know both teams sucked........

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: Texas buckeye] #7601300 09/08/19 07:02 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Duck bass went elk hunting. Not me.

My bad, misread that.

Duck Bass, I want to hear about the elk hunt
clap

You don't wanna listen to a sob story full of horse shoes and hand grenades.

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7601345 09/08/19 08:04 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
So LSU jumped to 4th place and UT only fell to 12th. Seems like the pollsters are still digging the Horns!

Last edited by Jimbo1; 09/08/19 08:05 PM. Reason: spelling

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7601350 09/08/19 08:09 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
We can all debate the logic of pollsters. But they need to listen to me.

Most impressive win was by Ohio State.

Most unimpressive win was by a LSU.

Team to watch is USC.

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7601370 09/08/19 08:28 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I would argue the most unimpressive win was Clemson. They should have dismantled aTm as bad as Mond played. I know it was a blowout, but them only scoring 24 when their offense was on the field the whole day is really unimpressive.

Having said that, LSU is not a number 4 team at this point. Problem is this game was so hyped by everyone who else they gonna put up there? It’s way to early to worry about polls now. It will all work out

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7602367 09/09/19 08:40 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
The game played out a lot like I expected, UT keeping it closer than many here though, but there were more points scored than I thought there would be. I think LSU's giving up lots of points and overall performance had more to do with playing a very revved up Texas team, full of a stadium of ramped up fans....a tough place to win. Gotta give credit for LSU being able to pull that off, as not many could do that there.

I had way underestimated Ehlinger's abilitiy.....he's a stud, a gamer. LSU has a legit QB finally, which will create loads of problems for the rest of their opponents. They still have too much talent for UT and everyone else except 'Bama, and I think the rest of the year will show that. They will win a bunch of games and "out athete" most everybody. Texas is still more of a national pretender instead of contender, in spite of that clown Herbstreit's prediction of a UT final four. The only bigger joke is that assclown Matthew McConaughey parading up and down the UT sidelines.

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7602491 09/09/19 11:04 PM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...oom-at-texas-didnt-have-air-conditioning

Maybe that’s why they were dropping like flies on D in the 2nd half

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: SR025] #7602497 09/09/19 11:11 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by SR025

[Linked Image]

Keeping it classy

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7602502 09/09/19 11:23 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Anyone have any info why aTm lost soo many d linemen against Clemson? I think 4-5 went down...

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: Texas buckeye] #7602515 09/09/19 11:34 PM
M
mikereiling5 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Anyone have any info why aTm lost soo many d linemen against Clemson? I think 4-5 went down...

no but they also lost their starting running back for the year

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: SR025] #7602517 09/09/19 11:36 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S

They were fake cramping to slow the game down. The two guys I kept my eyes on never even drink Gatorade or water on the sidelines when they came off. The first couple I didn't pay attention to but when it became a trend started watching them to see if they were legit. The two I watched were not concerned about hydrating.

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7602537 09/10/19 12:00 AM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

They were fake cramping to slow the game down. The two guys I kept my eyes on never even drink Gatorade or water on the sidelines when they came off. The first couple I didn't pay attention to but when it became a trend started watching them to see if they were legit. The two I watched were not concerned about hydrating.

They brought divinity and Delpit to the locker for IVs, they are top 3 on that defense..

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7602574 09/10/19 12:25 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
They should lose their starting qb for the year the way he played too.

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 09/10/19 12:34 AM.
Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: SR025] #7602581 09/10/19 12:34 AM
S
S.A. hunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S

They brought divinity and Delpit to the locker for IVs, they are top 3 on that defense..

I saw one guy go to the locker room, he was accompanied by a trainer. Also coach O said that his guys usually get IVs at the half, but everyone felt good so nobody got them....

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 09/10/19 12:55 AM.
Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7602603 09/10/19 12:55 AM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
LA Tech didn't have AC either the week before. Class move by the horns. What goes around, comes around.

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: Jgraider] #7602608 09/10/19 01:03 AM
R
rjf1911 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jgraider
LA Tech didn't have AC either the week before. Class move by the horns. What goes around, comes around.

And they stuck the LSU band in the upper deck.

Should make for an interesting game in BR next year....

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: rjf1911] #7602617 09/10/19 01:12 AM
S
S.A. hunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by rjf1911
Originally Posted by Jgraider

And they stuck the LSU band in the upper deck.

Should make for an interesting game in BR next year....

Been doing that since CDC came over from TCU. He made that call, and I think it's a good one. up

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 09/10/19 01:13 AM.
Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: ducknbass] #7602676 09/10/19 02:22 AM
E
Espy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted by ducknbass

[Linked Image]

Keeping it classy

Wow no wonder they were cramping up

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7602752 09/10/19 04:38 AM
S
S.A. hunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
CDC response....

[Linked Image]

Re: Texas vs. LSU Call your shot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7602762 09/10/19 05:42 AM
O
one73maro Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
O
The LSU coach isn't exactly a little dude. In the pic of him posted above there is not one drop of sweat on that shirt. I have seen guys sweat more then that while their eating! I don't believe the story they didn't A/C one bit.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide