Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
(Bump Stocks) #7599825 09/06/19 08:48 PM
glens Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Don't have and have never wanted one but seen where a guy from Houston got popped with one. He was a mental case but they are getting him with the full auto, machine gun law. Big fine and time.

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: glens] #7599827 09/06/19 08:52 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: glens] #7599842 09/06/19 09:18 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It sounds like the bump stock is not his only problem.
I still believe the bump stock ban, as enacted, is unconstitutional.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: glens] #7599856 09/06/19 09:26 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
224 rounds of 9mm, lol. To me he's low on 9mm.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: glens] #7599874 09/06/19 09:40 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Unless you are on forums like the THF, how would a person know they went from legal to illegal? News reports? I saw it on the local news, they mentioned the place at Moran that manufactured them, but really not much else was said. One newscast on one day, not much else.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: glens] #7599897 09/06/19 10:00 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Wonder what the fine for having that bump stock is going to run him, as if he would have the means to pay.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 09/06/19 10:01 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: Texas Dan] #7599899 09/06/19 10:02 PM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Wonder what the fine for having that bump stock is going to run him, as if he would have the means to pay.

Not going to be a fine, it will be jail time for an unregistered machine gun.

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: Grizz] #7599919 09/06/19 10:23 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Grizz

I agree. I have no use for one, don't like shooting rifles.
But somebody might need one to protect their property someday and that's what Thomas Jefferson was all about.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: Grizz] #7599946 09/06/19 10:54 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

It is. Should’ve never been done via executive order. No compensation or grandfathering. And they changed the definition of machine gun based on a piece of plastic.

Never shot one, never would, but it’s the principle.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7599966 09/06/19 11:28 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

It is. Should’ve never been done via executive order. No compensation or grandfathering. And they changed the definition of machine gun based on a piece of plastic.

These were approved by the ATF, no legislative action was ever taken to approve or disapprove them That did give Trump the right to pull those rulings by the ATF. The same as it was for the Obama's administration that approved them.

I know the NRA also questioned their legality at least one time. . https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...on/nra-claim-obama-approved-bump-stocks/

"Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: glens] #7599973 09/06/19 11:32 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Yep. I don’t have one or ever had or wanted one but it’s freakin stupid as hell what Trump pulled on this.

Last edited by Thundervee; 09/06/19 11:33 PM.

🍻
Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: dogcatcher] #7599975 09/06/19 11:34 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

These were approved by the ATF, no legislative action was ever taken to approve or disapprove them That did give Trump the right to pull those rulings by the ATF. The same as it was for the Obama's administration that approved them.

I know the NRA also questioned their legality at least one time. . https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...on/nra-claim-obama-approved-bump-stocks/

"Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

I ride with DC..

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #7600006 09/07/19 12:15 AM
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Thundervee
Yep. I don’t have one or ever had or wanted one but it’s freakin stupid as hell what Trump pulled on this.

while I agree that he po'd a lot of people (me included), I will bet the alternative (congress) would have been a lot worse. Trump would have been in a tiny corner had congress passed any kind of gun law after the vegas shooting. he may or may not have stopped the gun grabbers that time.

I had one for novelty at the ranch, sold it about a week after the shooting. figured something would be done about them.

Last edited by hopalong; 09/07/19 12:17 AM.

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: glens] #7600008 09/07/19 12:16 AM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: Gravytrain] #7600014 09/07/19 12:21 AM
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

and how many of us on here own or have owned an atn scope?

I have the app on my phone now since I have the scope.

also have one from trijicon for our thermal camera on the defender.

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: hopalong] #7600019 09/07/19 12:30 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted by hopalong

while I agree that he po'd a lot of people (me included), I will bet the alternative (congress) would have been a lot worse. Trump would have been in a tiny corner had congress passed any kind of gun law after the vegas shooting. he may or may not have stopped the gun grabbers that time.

I had one for novelty at the ranch, sold it about a week after the shooting. figured something would be done about them.

I think the alternative for bump stocks would have been business as usual. This is one time I don't believe what Trump did was a move to outsmart anyone. I think he just had a knee jerk reaction that had no basis in logic.
To be clear, my constitutional issue is not necessarily the application of the machine gun definition. That part is just absolutely asinine.
The constitutional part for me is creating contraband out of thin air with no compensation. People paid a lot of money for these things while the ATF publicly and in writing stated they were legal. Then, with the stroke of a pen they became illegal and those people were told "turn them in or become a criminal" and didn't get a dime of their money back. That's BS and Trump should be ashamed of himself for doing it.

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: glens] #7600042 09/07/19 01:03 AM
C
Cool Mo D Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I ride with Grizz,

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: Grizz] #7600096 09/07/19 02:07 AM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

I think the alternative for bump stocks would have been business as usual. This is one time I don't believe what Trump did was a move to outsmart anyone. I think he just had a knee jerk reaction that had no basis in logic.
To be clear, my constitutional issue is not necessarily the application of the machine gun definition. That part is just absolutely asinine.
The constitutional part for me is creating contraband out of thin air with no compensation. People paid a lot of money for these things while the ATF publicly and in writing stated they were legal. Then, with the stroke of a pen they became illegal and those people were told "turn them in or become a criminal" and didn't get a dime of their money back. That's BS and Trump should be ashamed of himself for doing it.

Just think how you would feel if one of the radical antis won Presidency and told everyone to turn in their ARs, even for compensation? You know we really need to get these "weapons of war" off the street. I could see them paying pennies on the dollar for the AR.

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: DannyB] #7600098 09/07/19 02:08 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by DannyB

Just think how you would feel if one of the radical antis won Presidency and told everyone to turn in their ARs, even for compensation? I could see them paying pennies on the dollar for the AR.

I'm out on that too.

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: DannyB] #7600169 09/07/19 03:55 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by DannyB

Just think how you would feel if one of the radical antis won Presidency and told everyone to turn in their ARs, even for compensation? You know we really need to get these "weapons of war" off the street. I could see them paying pennies on the dollar for the AR.

Beto already promised this.

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: dogcatcher] #7600192 09/07/19 08:10 AM
T
Tim9880 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Unless you are on forums like the THF, how would a person know they went from legal to illegal? News reports? I saw it on the local news, they mentioned the place at Moran that manufactured them, but really not much else was said. One newscast on one day, not much else.

Was actually watching Fox news today and one of the "news" people was talking about how things lose traction shortly after a tragedy. She said, "After Las Vegas Trump talked about raising age to buy guns and banning bump stocks, but nothing happened." People have no idea what laws are on the books.

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: glens] #7600291 09/07/19 01:33 PM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
The bulk of Americans have become low information voters thanks to the mainstream media. It is not an accident.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: glens] #7600308 09/07/19 01:47 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Agreed 100%.
I ride with Marc K

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: (Bump Stocks) [Re: dogcatcher] #7600317 09/07/19 01:56 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

I didn’t say Trump doesn’t have the right to issue an executive order banning them - he does. That doesn’t mean it’s constitutional to do so and ban a previously-legal and approved piece of plastic without grandfathering or compensating current users.

It also doesn’t mean he has the constitutional authority to change the legal definition of machine gun.

I’m sure it will be tested in court.

Regardless, executive orders should be used sparingly and in emergencies. They have been abused.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide