THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
'We need change:' El Paso mass shooting survivors file lawsuit against Walmart
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...file-lawsuit-against-walmart/2215523001/

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598592 09/05/19 01:47 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I seriously doubt the attorney is going to litigate against Walmart pro bono.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598593 09/05/19 01:47 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
Can you copy and paste the article.

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598596 09/05/19 01:49 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Why not. It’s the norm today.

Proverbs 2
Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: Creekrunner] #7598597 09/05/19 01:50 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

Why not? Of course they will. Every Walmart should have a cop or armed security anyway carrying ARs.

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7598605 09/05/19 01:54 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
Can you copy and paste the article.

Not supposed to do that.
15. Do not copy and paste articles from other publications to this site. It is a COPYRIGHT VIOLATION to do so. If you want to reference an article on another web site, post a link.

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: Txduckman] #7598612 09/05/19 01:57 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Txduckman

Why not? Of course they will. Every Walmart should have a cop or armed security anyway carrying ARs.

Not sure if this still the case but the Walmart in The Colony used to have a police substation inside.
I walked in and saw that and walked back out. If a store needs a police substation then I don’t need to be there.

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598648 09/05/19 02:12 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by pegasaurus

Not sure if this still the case but the Walmart in The Colony used to have a police substation inside.
I walked in and saw that and walked back out. If a store needs a police substation then I don’t need to be there.

True... Target got rid of them fake police trailers from what I have seen. Never had an issue there and we got some interesting folks nearby. But Walmart in a small town is just nasty. Mineola... holy cow. I shouldn't post pictures. roflmao

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598649 09/05/19 02:12 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Yeah and if a city has a police department I guess I don't need to be there either.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: Txduckman] #7598675 09/05/19 02:25 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P

True... Target got rid of them fake police trailers from what I have seen. Never had an issue there and we got some interesting folks nearby. But Walmart in a small town is just nasty. Mineola... holy cow. I shouldn't post pictures. roflmao

No need to post pictures. There is already a website dedicated to that called People of Walmart. scared
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598705 09/05/19 02:56 PM
H
Hunt Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H

This is going to get a little off the original thread (not that that never happens here).....
Back in the late '80s when I was working for Tom Thumb we were opening a new store at Coit and Spring Valley (it's now a Fiesta I think) the new store was in the SE corner and the old store was in the NW corner. There was a small DPD substation and community center down at the end of the strip center where the new store was being built and Tom Thumb sublet the community center for a while as an office to accept applications and do interviews.
If you know the area, there was A LOT of Section 8 apartments all around the area. Well lots of people kept coming in and asking about jobs and we would tell them to go over to the substation and fill out an application. You should have seen the looks on the faces after we said 'go over to the substation'. The wide eyed "WHHAAAAATT!?!?!?" was pretty common.
We also let them know we would drug test. Now DPD wasn't dumb, they took a couple local patrol officers and put them in plainclothes to work in the office to watch who was coming in. Several folks with outstanding warrants got picked up.

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598713 09/05/19 03:00 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
The thought has crossed my mind more than once that lawsuits and government red tape will lead to the eventual demise of gun ownership in the U.S. While guns and ammo might be available, their cost will be beyond the reach of the average American.

The elephant in the room at this point is that fact that mass shootings are sure to continue. Too much evil out there getting too much attention. Unfortunately, the dam that has been holding back the tide is eventually going to break. I've started thinking about how deep I need to dig that hole in the backyard.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 09/05/19 03:08 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598723 09/05/19 03:08 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
That lawyers is about cellar deep in a cesspool, thinking that Walmart and every other business needs to furnish armed guards to protect their customers is ridiculous. The Walmart lawyers should be able to eat him alive.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: dogcatcher] #7598732 09/05/19 03:13 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
That lawyers is about cellar deep in a cesspool, thinking that Walmart and every other business needs to furnish armed guards to protect their customers is ridiculous. The Walmart lawyers should be able to eat him alive.

It won't get anywhere I bet. But they will try. They seemed to forget some idiot drove 12 hours to do that when he had 100 Walmarts or any other grocer to choose from while on his way.

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: Texas Dan] #7598735 09/05/19 03:15 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
The thought has crossed my mind more than once that lawsuits and government red tape will lead to the eventual demise of gun ownership in the U.S. While guns and ammo might be available, their cost will be beyond the reach of the average American.

The elephant in the room at this point is that fact that mass shootings are sure to continue. Too much evil out there getting too much attention. Unfortunately, the dam that has been holding back the tide is eventually going to break. I've started thinking about how deep I need to dig that hole in the backyard.

That is exactly what is happening in the tobacco industry. They can’t get rid of smoking but they are darn sure trying to make it so expensive that people stop buying. It is going to happen to vaping as well.

The only difference is the Second Amendment to our Constitution. However, that does not protect ammo or the regulation of ammo.

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598736 09/05/19 03:16 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
I just do not understand where some people's thinking is these days. bang How could anyone in their right mind think that any of this is WalMart's fault?

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: unclebubba] #7598746 09/05/19 03:22 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by unclebubba
I just do not understand where some people's thinking is these days. bang How could anyone in their right mind think that any of this is WalMart's fault?

It doesn’t have to be their fault.
Walmart will do what they can to keep their name out of the news on the lawsuits and will settle out of court.

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598838 09/05/19 05:00 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by unclebubba

It doesn’t have to be their fault.
Walmart will do what they can to keep their name out of the news on the lawsuits and will settle out of court.

Yes, and that is part of what is wrong with the world today. People will sue, not because they are right and whomever they are suing is wrong, but just because they can get something out of it, and they know that it is often cheaper to settle.

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598861 09/05/19 05:22 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I have entered public places of business with large signs of 30.06 and 30.07 and "No Firearms" signs all over the entrances to their building. I spoke with a manager and asked if they had armed security personnel. She of course said no. I commented back about how your business is purposefully un-arming lawful citizens with no way of protecting themselves and the business does not provide any security what so ever for it's customers. She understood my problem with a dislike of how I presented it. I informed her you are setting yourself up for huge liability and that this would be the last time I enter or do business with this establishment.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: Hunt Dog] #7598922 09/05/19 06:20 PM
F
Fat Tire Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Hunt Dog

This is going to get a little off the original thread (not that that never happens here).....
Back in the late '80s when I was working for Tom Thumb we were opening a new store at Coit and Spring Valley (it's now a Fiesta I think) the new store was in the SE corner and the old store was in the NW corner. There was a small DPD substation and community center down at the end of the strip center where the new store was being built and Tom Thumb sublet the community center for a while as an office to accept applications and do interviews.
If you know the area, there was A LOT of Section 8 apartments all around the area. Well lots of people kept coming in and asking about jobs and we would tell them to go over to the substation and fill out an application. You should have seen the looks on the faces after we said 'go over to the substation'. The wide eyed "WHHAAAAATT!?!?!?" was pretty common.
We also let them know we would drug test. Now DPD wasn't dumb, they took a couple local patrol officers and put them in plainclothes to work in the office to watch who was coming in. Several folks with outstanding warrants got picked up.

I was a night stocker at that store in 1984.

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598943 09/05/19 06:39 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
For one week after the El Paso shooting, the walmart in Texarkana had a police officer standing just inside the front door. You had to walk past him to get into the store. After a week, he was gone.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598949 09/05/19 06:43 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Avenatti type lawyers are a dime a dozen, doubt this will get traction unless wm goes for civics or further bends under pressure.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: ChadTRG42] #7598950 09/05/19 06:43 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
I have entered public places of business with large signs of 30.06 and 30.07 and "No Firearms" signs all over the entrances to their building. I spoke with a manager and asked if they had armed security personnel. She of course said no. I commented back about how your business is purposefully un-arming lawful citizens with no way of protecting themselves and the business does not provide any security what so ever for it's customers. She understood my problem with a dislike of how I presented it. I informed her you are setting yourself up for huge liability and that this would be the last time I enter or do business with this establishment.

They are not obligating you to enter the store, how are they setting themselves up for anything?

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: pegasaurus] #7598951 09/05/19 06:44 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
Maybe they should sue Wallyworld for selling food...the guy stopped there because he was hungry.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: The Walmart lawsuits begin [Re: redchevy] #7599426 09/06/19 11:33 AM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by redchevy

They are not obligating you to enter the store, how are they setting themselves up for anything?

Exactly. The same argument could be said for those establishments that allow concealed and open carry.....

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide