Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Photo speeding ticket from LA. #7595028 09/01/19 12:33 AM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Got a nice Thanks for coming to La notice in the mail, a speeding ticket taken with a camera. I was able to view a video of the offense through a link. Saw my buddy driving in front of me, a few seconds, then me with a car to my left ahead of me and obviously going faster than I was. I have had a few tickets over the years, maybe 2 in the last ten years and had them coming. This one is BS. No way for me to contest it from 500 miles. Had the citation been given on the scene in person I could have at least verified that the posted speed of 35 was actually posted in that zone and maybe had a recollection of the event. The citation is 49, in a 35 which was a 4 lane, divided hwy in Westwego, La. When wrong on a ticket, I've paid them. Getting one in the mail two weeks after the accusation is pretty hard to defend. I'm going to request a court date and then see if they'll send me a few things I'll request in my defense. It's only $125.00, but feels like a real boot up the back side given under this circumstance. Anybody ever beat one of these from out of state?

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7595035 09/01/19 12:45 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I would just pay, unless you decide not to travel through LA for the next 7 yrs or so.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7595046 09/01/19 01:11 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Did a little research. By pulling it up online you acknowledged receipt. Apparently the best thing if you don’t want to pay is ignore it. Don’t go online for a looksee. You never received it and all they can do is pursue for collections. But now you acknowledged receipt. They can now make it harder on you.

The reason why it’s $125 is so you will go ahead and pay. You don’t have much of a chance fighting it but good luck. If you wait too long to pay it goes up quite a bit.

To be determined
Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7595048 09/01/19 01:12 AM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Friend of mines daughter got a ticket while passing through Arkansas on her way home, 5 hours away. Judge told her she HAD to appear in court or else a warrant would be issued, even if she paid it before the court date.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7595053 09/01/19 01:35 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I hate these type tickets. How can the state/Parrish/municipality prove who was driving? Is there video of your face?
Should the registered owner be liable for violations caught on camera for other people driving their car?

Last edited by cbump; 09/01/19 01:36 AM.
Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: BigPig] #7595055 09/01/19 01:36 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BigPig
Friend of mines daughter got a ticket while passing through Arkansas on her way home, 5 hours away. Judge told her she HAD to appear in court or else a warrant would be issued, even if she paid it before the court date.

That’s weird. Most of the time they are mainly interested in collecting the fine. I wonder if there is something more to the story. Maybe age?

To be determined
Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: cbump] #7595057 09/01/19 01:39 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by cbump
I hate these type tickets. How can the state/Parrish/municipality prove who was driving? Is there video of your face?
Should the registered owner be liable for violations caught on camera for other people driving their car?

This is exactly why I'm glad Texas finally did away with the red light cameras.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7595060 09/01/19 01:44 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I thought those cameras were outlawed in Texas but Louisiana ain't Texas. Pay and forget it.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: TurkeyHunter] #7595064 09/01/19 01:49 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Check this out toward the bottom for mandatory to appear in Arkansas.

https://www.littlerock.gov/city-adm...ffic-court/do-i-have-to-appear-in-court/

To be determined
Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7595132 09/01/19 03:11 AM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Dont pay it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just dont go back there.

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7595135 09/01/19 03:17 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
If you don't pay it, it will start going up substantially in late fees. They are civil rather than criminal and will be sent to a collection agency. They will report it to the credit agencies too.

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: cbump] #7595186 09/01/19 04:58 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

This blog post always makes me laugh. I agree with you, and red light cameras should be outlawed everywhere, and the tickets should never be paid. Screw that.

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2017/01/18093/

I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: TurkeyHunter] #7595193 09/01/19 05:55 AM
S
Savage388 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Did a little research. By pulling it up online you acknowledged receipt. Apparently the best thing if you don’t want to pay is ignore it. Don’t go online for a looksee. You never received it and all they can do is pursue for collections. But now you acknowledged receipt. They can now make it harder on you.

The reason why it’s $125 is so you will go ahead and pay. You don’t have much of a chance fighting it but good luck. If you wait too long to pay it goes up quite a bit.

I'm not an expert on these types of citations, but I am very familiar with citations written by LEO on the roadside. The State of Louisiana is one of about 48 others that participate in a program called the Non Resident Violators Compact. That program states that if a person who does not reside in the State of Louisiana receives a citation in the state of Louisiana and fails to have it adjudicated, the State of Louisiana will contact Texas and request Texas suspend your drivers license for failing to take care of Louisiana's citation. I have seen bouku Texas Drivers Licenses suspended for Violating the Non Resident Violators Compact.

ODERINT DUM METUANT
Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: Savage388] #7595196 09/01/19 06:51 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Savage388
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

I'm not an expert on these types of citations, but I am very familiar with citations written by LEO on the roadside. The State of Louisiana is one of about 48 others that participate in a program called the Non Resident Violators Compact. That program states that if a person who does not reside in the State of Louisiana receives a citation in the state of Louisiana and fails to have it adjudicated, the State of Louisiana will contact Texas and request Texas suspend your drivers license for failing to take care of Louisiana's citation. I have seen bouku Texas Drivers Licenses suspended for Violating the Non Resident Violators Compact.

Again, how they gonna prove who was driving? You can’t just suspend someone’s dl because they happen to be the reg owner of a car caught speeding on camera.

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7595207 09/01/19 09:27 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
One of the options is for me to sign the portion swearing that I was not driving and check the appropriate box:
I was not the driver and the person named below was
The vehicle or plate was stolen at the time
The vehicle was sold prior to the offense
Belonged to a rental car/leasing agency

The part that really seems like some BS is that there's no way for me to fight it long distance, which would be the case under any circumstance. The ticket being given by photo leaves me with so many questions, especially after viewing the video and seeing the other car overtaking me, not knowing how the speed was posted and my buddy being three seconds in front of me and not getting anything.

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7595209 09/01/19 09:47 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
The other car probably got a ticket too. What is the logic that someone else was doing "more bad" so I don't deserve anything? I realize it's not your fault if you weren't driving, that is a different issue. Someone "speeding more" doesn't wash though.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7595217 09/01/19 10:57 AM
glens Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Got a speeding ticket in Marble Falls several years ago on a camera crossing the old bridge over the lake in my old 1 ton dodge dually. 71 mph. No way as I crossed bridge that a hundred times before and Never did I drive over 40 mph, if that. Took it to a Lawyer, as I've taken every ticket I've gotten to one, (Eddie Shell/Marble Falls) and they threw it out after I fought it. He called me several months later and said The Local Government had taken them down as the Yankee company running cameras were running a scam and targeting every so many cars with a fictitious hit for money. They made big money while it lasted. Most folks paid. The Yankee based camera company getting the biggest portion of ticket. Go figure.

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: GasGuzzler] #7595218 09/01/19 11:04 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
The other car probably got a ticket too. What is the logic that someone else was doing "more bad" so I don't deserve anything? I realize it's not your fault if you weren't driving, that is a different issue. Someone "speeding more" doesn't wash though.

Not my point at all. It speaks to the accuracy of the instrument. It seems that the device, if working properly would have nailed my buddy, since he was in a larger vehicle ahead of me, or that the car to my left that was travelling faster than me and was also ahead was the offending driver.

Like I mentioned, If I have a ticket coming I pay and thank the officer for his service and wish him a safe day. Not being cited at the time of the offense puts the driver at a real disadvantage.

When caught speeding, and cited on the scene, it has always been obvious to me I was guilty and had a ticket coming. This is more like, "well, I don't know, and dang sure don't remember how or if it was properly posted and what my speedometer was reading and that split second two weeks ago.............

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: cbump] #7595222 09/01/19 11:08 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Agreed, I got screwed by the city of Dallas on a Red Light Camera. I have multiply vans and I was in Philippines for the month of April. I get a Red Light Camera in the mail when I get back, I figure I can beat this one since I wasn't in the country and have passport stamps to prove my USA exit and entry dates along with airline tickets.

I send in all my information to City of Dallas and they review it and find me guilty, I then call back and ask them how I appeal the guilty charge, Said I had to come in person and pay something and then fight it, I gave up after that and just paid the darn thing.

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: RedRanger] #7595225 09/01/19 11:15 AM
glens Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by RedRanger

Agreed, I got screwed by the city of Dallas on a Red Light Camera. I have multiply vans and I was in Philippines for the month of April. I get a Red Light Camera in the mail when I get back, I figure I can beat this one since I wasn't in the country and have passport stamps to prove my USA exit and entry dates along with airline tickets.

I send in all my information to City of Dallas and they review it and find me guilty, I then call back and ask them how I appeal the guilty charge, Said I had to come in person and pay something and then fight it, I gave up after that and just paid the darn thing.

That's what lawyers are for. Cost me 3 or 4 times the ticket cost but was the principle of the thing. Also never wanted a moving violation on my record.

Last edited by glens; 09/01/19 11:20 AM.
Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: glens] #7595226 09/01/19 11:23 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
I wish speeding cameras were everywhere and all cell phones were jammed when in a car

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: fadetoblack64] #7595231 09/01/19 11:52 AM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64
I wish speeding cameras were everywhere and all cell phones were jammed when in a car

I don't know about the cameras but I think cell phone use in a moving vehicle by the driver should be treated the same as a DWI

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: don k] #7595234 09/01/19 12:13 PM
glens Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by don k

I don't know about the cameras but I think cell phone use in a moving vehicle by the driver should be treated the same as a DWI

up

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: glens] #7595240 09/01/19 12:41 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by glens
Originally Posted by RedRanger

That's what lawyers are for. Cost me 3 or 4 times the ticket cost but was the principle of the thing. Also never wanted a moving violation on my record.

From what I read and researched it doesn't go on your record, if it did then I would of retained a lawyer. I have had about 10 tickets in my lifetime that were mostly speeding, 8 times I have retained lawyers to beat them.

In Frisco if you get a ticket you pay $100 and tell the judge you are going to take defensive driving, They give you 90 or 120 days to complete the course, I blow the course off and then go back and he will put you on Deferred for one day and charge you another $100. That keeps it off your record. Good system they have up here.

Re: Photo speeding ticket from LA. [Re: fadetoblack64] #7595245 09/01/19 12:44 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I find the slower drivers to be more dangerous on the road, all the cars have to pass them and that creates issues.

Speeding is relative, in Frisco it seems as if all the speed limits are quit high. Preston by my house is 55 mph, and Coit Road is 50 mph, Keeping traffic flowing fast knocks down on traffic and gets vehicles off the streets quicker. Plus they have installed tons of Right turn only lanes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide