Forums46
Topics537,816
Posts9,729,478
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: glens] #7583294 08/19/19 12:53 AM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by glens
Right after We moved into this new place last year, 750 Foot to closed front gate to house (Not locked) 2 bike riding peckerheads came up to door. Asked them what does a 16 foot closed gate mean. They kept Trying to give me literature. Wasn't rude but stearn. Told them don't ever walk up on Folks when they are off the road and gates shut. They said they do it all the time and kept waiting to come inside to talk. I was out of patience, which I have little of, and told them to "Get the F out of here." I'm probably going to Hell as we speak. banana2

That's how my place is, quite a ways off the road. Climbing the fences and gates out there is not healthy. Purple paint every 100'.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: NORML as can be] #7583296 08/19/19 12:53 AM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
My brother and I were looking for an antelope hunting spot in Montana one year. We drive past a looong ranch driveway and there is a 4x8 sheet of plywood standing on end..with orange spray paint it says "no hunting. don't even ask"
So...we can't help ourselves so we drive back about a mile to the farm and catch the guy working on his tractor and ask if we can bowhunt antelope, he says he doesn't give a darn what we do, so we ask how much property, where are the boundries, he says about as far as you can see,he has like 20,000 acres.
We had a great time out there!

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: NORML as can be] #7583355 08/19/19 02:08 AM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
He's selling magazines door to door. He may not know what the word means.

"Like a slice of fried gold!"
Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: NORML as can be] #7583671 08/19/19 02:58 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
"No Soliciting" etched into my glass door. The only ones who ignore it are the Jehovah Witness.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: glens] #7583725 08/19/19 03:44 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by glens
Right after We moved into this new place last year, 750 Foot to closed front gate to house (Not locked) 2 bike riding peckerheads came up to door. Asked them what does a 16 foot closed gate mean. They kept Trying to give me literature. Wasn't rude but stearn. Told them don't ever walk up on Folks when they are off the road and gates shut. They said they do it all the time and kept waiting to come inside to talk. I was out of patience, which I have little of, and told them to "Get the F out of here." I'm probably going to Hell as we speak. banana2

There are a couple of church groups out here in VZ county that don't like to respect my locked gate or my 1/4 mile drive. Shortly after we moved in - on the ONE saturday morning my wife has off each month - and being newly weds back then - we were "disturbed" by a knock at the door at 8 in the morning...so I answered the door naked with my .45 in one hand. Of course a little girl steps out behind the big fat dude (that I clearly didn't see before hand)...so that was pretty embarrassing but he got an earful about climbing locked gates and bringing a child up to people's homes...they've never been back.

We've got a troupe of old women from the Church of Christ that also like to come harass the ever loving crap out of us. I almost feel bad for them but you'd think after nicely being told to leave the first time they wouldn't come back...but they do...about 3-4 times a year. I have security cameras up and they like to come during the week. The last time they came I put a no soliciting sign up at the gate/road. If they come back again they're getting the cops called. I don't like ANYONE prowling around my home when I'm not there...especially when I don't have any neighbors real close and it's been made real clear not to come back there.

I don't understand people.

Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: Superduty] #7583776 08/19/19 04:32 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Superduty
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by Hancock
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Your selling magazines who buys magazines I ask? Then I ask Can You Read? He just gives me this I didn't see it Sir I'm Sorry chit.... Really ticked me off so I called the cops. I guess he's popular the cops took him. rofl

He's going to come back and leave something on your porch. flush

Considering at my house he would be on camera, that could also earn him a visit from the local police department.

My home he would end up with lead poisoning, well not really, just sounded cool.

banana2

Or he might smack into one of your windows. That would be cool too.

Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: NORML as can be] #7583823 08/19/19 05:12 PM
B
Bass&More Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
[Linked Image]

peep

Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: Dry Fire] #7583925 08/19/19 06:48 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Dry Fire
"No Soliciting" etched into my glass door. The only ones who ignore it are the Jehovah Witness.

They came knocking on my door once. I was naked and told them to come on in. Haven't seen them in while.

Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: NORML as can be] #7584041 08/19/19 08:59 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
True Stroy,stay with me:

Had about 4-5 different Kirby Vacuum sales folks knock on my door during dinner over a a period of about 6 months. Always the same car at the curb with another person at the wheel. It was always a polite "not interested" response from me as I shut the door.

Finally, same thing, but this time the first words out of this chubby gals mouth with a "ya maan jamacian" accent were, "I have a free gift for you!!", as she handed me a small hand held Kirby car vacuum. I took it from her as she handed it to me, said thanks and slammed the door. A few seconds later, she rang the bell, wanted to come in and tell me about the Kirby vacuum she wanted to sell me. I said no, leave now, or I'll consider you trespassing and remove you from my property. I'm pointing towards the street, she's wanting the vacuum back, looking back over her shoulder at the car at the curb for encouragement, dude in the car is waving her towards the house as if to encourage her to give it one more try. I wasn't having it, I ordered her to leave. She asked me if she could have the free gift back, I say no, you gave it to me.

You won't believe the next part. One month later, same thing, different gal. I now had two free gifts of Kirby car vac's. Never saw them again. The free gifts sucked, not in the way they should have, as in didn't work very well so I didn't feel so bad about it. My kids still fall down laughing about this, 25 years ago.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: NORML as can be] #7584106 08/19/19 10:24 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
This thread got me to thinking. Next time I'll say " Go get a case of Bud in cans, come back and let's talk about this" banana

Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: NORML as can be] #7584126 08/19/19 10:46 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
I used to sell Kirby's door to door, job sucked but I did sell a bunch of them.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7584134 08/19/19 11:04 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
I used to sell Kirby's door to door, job sucked but I did sell a bunch of them.

If you can do that, you can sell anything. I salute you sir.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: NORML as can be] #7584144 08/19/19 11:20 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
My first sales job in college was selling water softeners and RO units door to door. I’d worked in oilfield, field service before going to college.

Door to door sales was a great job and I was selling a quality product everyone needed in San Angelo. Most of our leads were set up by telemarketers. The cold calls were fun though.

It wasn’t a job for everyone and I had to go through 100 potential salesmen to find one person that could really sell the product. I did it for three years and enjoyed it. I managed the place for 2 1/2 years, made 50K a year working 3 hours a night, and got out of college with no debt.

The girl that ran the telemarketing side of the business and I were in an entrepreneurship class together and presented the business plan for the class, we made a 100. I presented the plan I used to start up the same business in Abilene for my boss that summer. That Abilene business didn’t make it because the boss let his son take it over after I got it started. He wasn’t that bright.

It was a great experience but I’d never go back to it, no sales job is that tough. My customers now are good friends I’ve known for years and have drank a lot of beers with. If you find someone that can close a sale the first night they meet someone, you’ve found a person that can sell anything. Those of you that hate door to door salesmen just never got to meet me.

Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7585184 08/21/19 03:46 AM
P
possom813 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
My brother and I were looking for an antelope hunting spot in Montana one year. We drive past a looong ranch driveway and there is a 4x8 sheet of plywood standing on end..with orange spray paint it says "no hunting. don't even ask"
So...we can't help ourselves so we drive back about a mile to the farm and catch the guy working on his tractor and ask if we can bowhunt antelope, he says he doesn't give a darn what we do, so we ask how much property, where are the boundries, he says about as far as you can see,he has like 20,000 acres.
We had a great time out there!

A buddy of mine was "the guy working on the tractor"

Only he was mowing a pasture for a customer. Some kids showed up and asked him if they could fish in the tank. He told thrm he doesn't care what they do

Customer/owner showed up to run them off. They told the owner that that guy said they could fish there. When the owner brought the kids to him with the accusation, he told the owner that he told thrm he didn't care what they did and he still didn't.

I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.
Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: NORML as can be] #7585199 08/21/19 04:04 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
At our previous house we used to have a ton of door to door salesman come by our house. It was so often that my wife and I would joke about who’s turn it was to answer the door. So someone comes knocking at our door and I tell my wife it’s your turn. So she goes to the door and opens the door, it was a guy probably late twenties and gives my wife the whole spill about selling magazines the whole time my wife was telling him no thanks over and over. I’m lying on the couch out of sight from the guy listening and snickering at my wife. After the 4th time of telling the dude no thanks my wife goes to close the door on the dude. He put his foot in the door way and pushed the door back open. I jumped off the couch and into sight of the guy. Dude turned white and looked like he had saw a ghost. I said a few choice words and slammed the door in the dudes face. I was absolutely pissed and glad I told the dude to leave and slammed the door otherwise it wouldn’t have went well for his [censored].

Absolutely hate door salesman

[Linked Image]

Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: NORML as can be] #7585222 08/21/19 05:25 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
I thankfully have not had to deal with them where I am at. I do know what I am doing for halloween though roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: NORML as can be] #7585399 08/21/19 02:29 PM
M
MO Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
The office building next door has a sign that says , " no soliciting , unless you are selling Girl Scout cookies "

sound good to me.

Mo

MY BACKYARD , 20,000 ACRES , NO MOWING smile

Re: No Soliciting so you knock on my door anyway [Re: MO] #7586116 08/22/19 01:49 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
There is nothing that pisses me off more is when you politely tell a solicitor you are not interested and they keep running their F'n mouth.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide