Print Thread
"Cuddelink" game cam opinions #7583300 08/19/19 12:57 AM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
We run about 25 cams on my lease and we all share the pics on an inhouse website. Lots of different cams and it seems everybody likes whichever one they use and hate the others. A few guys do all the cam management. Im pretty low tech and since the others all handle it ive just never learned much about em. I don't really know that I want the kind that sends pics to a phone/computer but I do like the option where they link to each other so you only have to go to one cam to get the pics. Im wanting to buy cams for another place and a trusted friend has suggested "cuddelink" to do what I want. I don't know that I want all yall to suggest a ton of different options cause I am likely going to go with what my friend suggests. WHAT I WANT FROM YALL is do you have good solid insight into the " Cuddelink" and can you say good or bad? If not that then can you offer a specific type that does the linking together like I said. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by freerange; 08/19/19 12:58 AM.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: "Cuddelink" game cam opinions [Re: freerange] #7583506 08/19/19 11:45 AM
D
DLALLDER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I don't know what the Cuddelink cameras will do but I was with a large game ranch for 8 plus years and Cuddeback was the only brand of camera we used. If it will do what you want go with the Cuddelink. Some of the Cuddeback cams were used for over 10 years.

Re: "Cuddelink" game cam opinions [Re: freerange] #7583634 08/19/19 02:34 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
I have a setup of cuddelinks/cell home and they do exactly what they advertise. Three things to be aware of before you make the plunge: they are battery hogs so get extended packs or better yet solar panels, you need to be more tech savvy because they aren't the easiest cam out there, and you may need to try multiple locations/setups to get the linkage right.

Re: "Cuddelink" game cam opinions [Re: TLew] #7583712 08/19/19 03:34 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
TLew-- Is there a difference in "cuddelink" and "cuddelink/cell home"? My friend just said cuddelink and as far as I know they don't do anything with "cell", they just link to each other without the ability to send elsewhere. ?? Once again im low tech and don't know the terminology.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: "Cuddelink" game cam opinions [Re: freerange] #7583929 08/19/19 06:52 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Contact fouzman on here since he has 16 Cuddelink Cameras IIRC and then the cell phone home base unit all on the ranch. He had some issues with linking cameras to the home base cell unit. Had battery issues and some other issues a long the way. You do not have to use the cell phone home unit but just use the home base unit from what I read on them last year. You just pull the card from the home base unit to view all the pics at all the locations.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: "Cuddelink" game cam opinions [Re: stxranchman] #7584206 08/20/19 12:33 AM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Thanks to all yall. I have sent pm to fouzman.
Im a rookie at this game cam stuff so just trying to clarify the terminology. What my friend has and he advised me to get is NOT whatever model allows the "cell" option. All I want is the one that communicates from cam to cam and allows you to check the pics from just one of the cams. So it would help me out if your advise stuck with the model im leaning towards getting. Of course if you think im way off base then chime in cause I haven't bought yet. Likely will be tomorrow at some point.

Re: "Cuddelink" game cam opinions [Re: freerange] #7584227 08/20/19 01:14 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I believe they have some camera/cell combos or at least they did. I run two cameras and the Cell Home with no problems. The G Model cameras use a battery pack/ solar combo to keep up with power. They are battery hogs without the backup juice.

Cuddelink is how the devices talk to each other, the Cell just adds external communication.

If reception is no problem, I would probably pick a Spypoint. The separate Cell unit allows me to put it on top of a hill where the cameras down below (with no cell reception) can talk to it.

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: "Cuddelink" game cam opinions [Re: CharlieCTx] #7584249 08/20/19 01:41 AM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
I believe they have some camera/cell combos or at least they did. I run two cameras and the Cell Home with no problems. The G Model cameras use a battery pack/ solar combo to keep up with power. They are battery hogs without the backup juice.

Cuddelink is how the devices talk to each other, the Cell just adds external communication.

If reception is no problem, I would probably pick a Spypoint. The separate Cell unit allows me to put it on top of a hill where the cameras down below (with no cell reception) can talk to it.

Thanks Charlie. I think your description of "Cuddelink" basically is any model that talks to each other and the "Cell" model adds the external communication via cell. Thats how I understood it so I guess you are confirming that.
For anyone else that chimes in just know that I have as close to ZERO cell reception as ive ever seen at this property so I do not plan to use anything that needs cell service.

Re: "Cuddelink" game cam opinions [Re: freerange] #7585640 08/21/19 05:45 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
I agree with Charlie's comments and hopefully some of that came out in my blurb. You don't have to use the cell component as mentioned, but I have a network of cameras that communicate via CuddeLink (mesh network) to the cell home so that I get emails of pics. I chose CuddeLink specifically for the fact that I have spotty cell service and wanted little movement to retrieve pictures.

Re: "Cuddelink" game cam opinions [Re: freerange] #7585711 08/21/19 07:18 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Yes, I have the home unit with 4 in the field, and just bought three more to extend to a down hill future feeder site. I have the cell option, but it isn't required by any stretch. The only problem with the cuddelink is the camera doesn't send "all" its pictures to the home unit, only some. From what I can tell on the report it sends daily it might send half if the system is super busy. With a bunch of cameras I could see how it could get busy if in a deer rich environment.

I have been getting pictures today from last night still, at 2:17pm I am getting pics from a feeder from 2:43am. I have quite a bit of deer activity at this feeder so the deer are pretty much there all night. Gonna finish sending pics and then the evening movement will hit and I will back to square one. But that's more a cell issue than cuddelink.

Re: "Cuddelink" game cam opinions [Re: freerange] #7586915 08/22/19 11:52 PM
W
Whammer7 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
I was leaning toward Cuddelink until they confirmed that its Verizon or nothing. No Verizon service where I hunt

"Sometimes, too much to drink is barely enough"

Mark Twain
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide